Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
The Bomber

Faustian Mystique

So,we all know the story,Robert Johnson,a poor plantation worker,and a rather shit guitarist,wants nothing more than to be famous,meets a big black dude who tells him he can change all that.Ol' Bob obligingly goes down to the crossroads at midnight and sells his soul in exchange for a bitchin' new magical guitar tuning/set of strings/guitar. (Story differs here) He dies poor.Famous now after being covered.

Who else hear likes Robert Johnson's original recordings?I think he was a genius personally...

Anyway,similar whisperings have also gone around about the Zep,I don't mean to incite a theological debate,but,hypothetically,were it possible,would Pagey,Bonzo,Jonesy,or Plant have sold their soul?

Anyway,similar whisperings have also gone around about the Zep,I don't mean to incite a theological debate,but,hypothetically,were it possible,would Pagey,Bonzo,Jonesy,or Plant have sold their soul?

The question is, to who? :rolleyes:

hypothetically,were it possible,would Pagey,Bonzo,Jonesy,or Plant have sold their soul?

No.........They are Wise Investors.......... :D

So,we all know the story,Robert Johnson,a poor plantation worker,and a rather shit guitarist,wants nothing more than to be famous,meets a big black dude who tells him he can change all that.Ol' Bob obligingly goes down to the crossroads at midnight and sells his soul in exchange for a bitchin' new magical guitar tuning/set of strings/guitar. (Story differs here) He dies poor.Famous now after being covered.

Who else hear likes Robert Johnson's original recordings?I think he was a genius personally...

Hi Bomber

I thought Robert Johnson was Dyslexic, and he "Sold his "Sole" to "Santa""

And as far as the Boys are concerned, Peter Grant would have got them the best price whatever they sold, soul or not.

Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Yes, I can dig on the early Country Blues of Robert Johnson and the others like him. Back in the 1980's I had a double tape set called, "The King of the Delta Blues", it had most all of his known recorded song's on it. About 20 (if I remember correctly) or so short song's on each tape, my two favorites where "Malted Milk" and "Dead Shrimp Blues".

The sound quality was horrible! But that was the day's of old time recording's for you, I think that all of those song's are in the public domain now.

Hi Bomber

And as far as the Boys are concerned, Peter Grant would have got them the best price whatever they soled, soul or not.

Regards, Danny

:thumbsup: Good answer, I think you're right on about Peter Grant. :lol:

Hi Bomber

And as far as the Boys are concerned, Peter Grant would have got them the best price whatever they sold, soul or not.

Regards, Danny

LOL!!!!So true!

Hi Bomber

Regards, Danny

:lol::thumbsup: So true

I think there are many other 'musicians' who'd be willing to do that... while fooling us with the image of spotless angels.