Band Name Ideas?

Hey there, I (obviously) just formed a new band. We have a fantastic line up; we are going after the Yardbird's "Double Lead Guitar" idea. We got a virtuoso on one lead guitar, a classic rock connoseiur on the other, singer that has a soulful yet commanding wail, a pretty darned good bassist and then there is me on drums (Not to brag, but I think I'm pretty good).

We are all very excited to play with one another, and we are on the look out for possible gigs, but we have one problem.

We have no name.

We can't come up with anything that we all agree on, and if we do, we usually become unsatisfied with it within a week or two.

Personally, I'm out of ideas, so I'm looking to you guys for help. If you have any band name ideas, please let me know! I promise to credit you in some way, shape or form.

The music we play is a fusion of progressive and classic rock. I know it sounds kinda weird, but you gotta hear it to understand because, in my mind, it sounds pretty damn good.

So, yeah. Please, help me out. ^_^

Hey there, I (obviously) just formed a new band. We have a fantastic line up; we are going after the Yardbird's "Double Lead Guitar" idea. We got a virtuoso on one lead guitar, a classic rock connoseiur on the other, singer that has a soulful yet commanding wail, a pretty darned good bassist and then there is me on drums (Not to brag, but I think I'm pretty good).

We are all very excited to play with one another, and we are on the look out for possible gigs, but we have one problem.

We have no name.

We can't come up with anything that we all agree on, and if we do, we usually become unsatisfied with it within a week or two.

Personally, I'm out of ideas, so I'm looking to you guys for help. If you have any band name ideas, please let me know! I promise to credit you in some way, shape or form.

The music we play is a fusion of progressive and classic rock. I know it sounds kinda weird, but you gotta hear it to understand because, in my mind, it sounds pretty damn good.

Laughing at the moon (your username) might be good?

If your a prog rock band it could be anything; egg, yes, king crimson, elp just to name a few prog rock bands :D

We have no name.

Let us hear some music, to get an idea.

Some random ideas...

Gom Jabbar

Bat Soup

Brick

Sister Blister

Slut

Gums and Noses :D

Fata Morgana

Spice Melange

Foot

Chewbacca For President

Tentacle

I prefer simple, one word names, like in the good old days when we had The Beatles, The Who (OK, technically those are 2 words eh), Yes, Rush, etc.

Have you tried those online Band Name Generators? I plugged the word "moon" into one which came up with the following:

Moon Persimmon

Moon Mob Of The Brutal Bartender

Blazing Moon

Seamless Moon

Leftover Moon And The Pretentious Rifle

Loyal Moon

Moon Caboose

Moon Graduate

Moon Artery

Moon Word

Band Name Maker link

And I'd like to hear your band too; classic rock and progressive rock are my all-time fav genres. Do you have a MySpace page?

I've always liked:

"Titanium Machete"- since it sounds sort of cheesy in a Spinal Tap sort of way...but still has some cache'.

Also like "The Vagitarians","Gynecologists Without Borders:,"Goons","Goblins" and "Magenta Magneto".

But that's just me. :D

I was once in a band called Speculum! We only had one show at a local bar with about 20-30 people there. I don't think any one got it, the girl that introduced us didn't git it.

That was a short lived band (thankfully).

Speculum:

An instrument used to widen an opening to look within a passage or a cavity. For example, a speculum may be used to widen the opening of the vagina so that the cervix is more easily visible.

Indeed a unique name!

Speculum, OUCH!! No names related to pap smears pleeeeaasse. :thumbdown: And sorry wanna be drummer but I would veto Prowess too. It looks great written but it's one of those words that is soooo difficult to pronounce. I mean, I know how to say it but it just gets my tongue all twisted. :P Anyone else have that problem?

Speculum:

An instrument used to widen an opening to look within a passage or a cavity. For example, a speculum may be used to widen the opening of the vagina so that the cervix is more easily visible.

Indeed a unique name!

It may have been cool if it was ladies night with only great looking girls/woman allowed and I was the only guy (who happen to be an amateur twat Dr. on the side) in the band.

You are right it was a unique name but, I didn't like it that much.

I prefer simple, one word names, like in the good old days when we had The Beatles, The Who (OK, technically those are 2 words eh), Yes, Rush, etc.

Have you tried those online Band Name Generators? I plugged the word "moon" into one which came up with the following:

Moon Persimmon

Moon Mob Of The Brutal Bartender

Blazing Moon

Seamless Moon

Leftover Moon And The Pretentious Rifle

Loyal Moon

Moon Caboose

Moon Graduate

Moon Artery

Moon Word

Band Name Maker link

And I'd like to hear your band too; classic rock and progressive rock are my all-time fav genres. Do you have a MySpace page?

We don't have one yet, but we've been working on material. I'll be sure to let you know when we have one up. x)

Thank you for the suggestions, btw.

Archived