Zeppelin Tribute Band Name

I'd like to get your opinions on what you think the better name would be.

Presence or Trampled UnderZep?

I like Trampled UnderZep. Well I was also already in a band called Presence so I kinda like that one too.

Thoughts or other name suggestions?

Eye Thank Yew!

That is some thing you have to think closely about! Trampled under Zep? I don't think it works to good but, if it float's your boat.

Hey thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I wasn't too cool with Trampled either then it was explained that it would be like being "bowled over" or "trampled" by an onslaught of Zep's music. It made a little more sense then but I still think it sounds kinda weird.

I wanna stay away from song titles if possible like Stairway To Zep and Hots On For Zep.

Well, thanks again! :beer:

Hey thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I wasn't too cool with Trampled either then it was explained that it would be like being "bowled over" or "trampled" by an onslaught of Zep's music. It made a little more sense then but I still think it sounds kinda weird.

I wanna stay away from song titles if possible like Stairway To Zep and Hots On For Zep.

Well, thanks again! :beer:

I kinda like Trampled better. Yeah, some names aren't too creative; the biggest tribute band around here is Kashmir.

Unless it's cool like Achilles Last Stairway To California...

Please don't form yet another Zep tribute. :unsure:

Alright, I'm only kidding. You're not in England right?

Please say you're in America? :D

I'm sure there's already a "presence" or was that your previous band?

Trampled under Zep is alright, presence is neater.

Actually whatever you chose the reputation you build will be more important in the long run.

Make sure its googleable (oh dear new adjective)

"Led Zep Too", were nearly called all sorts of things but now I can't imagine anything else.

worst thing about the name is having to spell out the TOO,

and the fact that anyone can use "2" "two" or "II" and cause confusion.

Last year we almost split because two of us wanted to get rid of one member who was getting too "rock and roll" for us. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

His response to us was to suggest a name for our "new" band. "Less Zep!"

That made us think twice.

Fortunately he promised to drink less and cut out the drugs and we were able to carry on.

I still laugh about Less Zep.

Actually whatever you chose the reputation you build will be more important in the long run.

"Led Zep Too", were nearly called all sorts of things but now I can't imagine anything else.

Last year we almost split because two of us wanted to get rid of one member who was getting too "rock and roll" for us. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Fortunately he promised to drink less and cut out the drugs and we were able to carry on.

Hi 'Plantagenet'

If you are from "Led Zep Two" then I was one of the few people who treked down to Maidstone Kent a couple of years back, you played on a Sunday night in front of the smallest audience i have been in, i felt quite sorry for you as we didnt even fill all the seats up, and theres only 20 or so.

Me and the wife had a really great night though, you played your parts briliantly and i hope to see you again some time soon.

Lucky bastard, i've just found out that your at the Beaverwood Club Chiselhurst Thursday 21-05-09, its just up the road from me, so see you there mate, let me know which one of the boys you are and i'll intriduce myself and buy you a drink. :beer:

This forum never ceases to amaze me, Kind Regards, Danny

I always loved the phrase, "Get the Led Out" and think it would be a great name for a tribute band. Perhaps one already exists..? Not sure, but that's my suggestion! Good luck!

I always loved the phrase, "Get the Led Out" and think it would be a great name for a tribute band. Perhaps one already exists..? Not sure, but that's my suggestion! Good luck!

Hi Misty,

Funny you should mention that. There is in fact a Zep tribute band named Get The Led Out in the PA area. I've tried to contact them to get a spot to at least sit in with them even at a soundcheck but to no avail so I'm trying to start my own. Good call though!

Last year we almost split because two of us wanted to get rid of one member who was getting too "rock and roll" for us. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

LOL! Great story! Yes, I am in the states so no worries. I didn't know England was inundated with Zep tribute bands. I was in a band called Presence years ago but it was a cover band that did alot of Zep but wasn't a Zep tribute. Maybe I'll drag the name back out. I really like that one as well.

I'm trying to get one started here in tiny, microscopic Delaware here in the States out of frustration mostly. I've tried contacting existing bands and either the drummer is a friend or there's some sort of reason why they can't possibly live without them so I'm starting my own. I try as humbly as possible to tell them that I could do a better job which is what I would think they would want but to no avail. Doubly frustrating is the fact that most of the drummers aren't that good. They're too busy either gluing on fake mustaches, picking the right bandana, or making sure they have the replica drum kit rather than playing the damn song correctly. I mean if it's props they want, I've got Bonzo's friggin' hat(shameless plug for my MySpace page in my signature below) but I wouldn't wear it on stage. Well, maybe I would. LOL

Well, hopefully I can find some people to get it together. I'm really wanting to have a female singer though.

How about "Light And Shade" as one of the descriptions Jimmy has attributed to describing Zep's music?

I thought of that and Tight But Loose but I thought it would be a bit too vague of a Zep reference for most people. Not on here of course. LOL

Thought of Bron-Yr-Aur as well just to hear people butcher it. LOL

Hi Misty,

Funny you should mention that. There is in fact a Zep tribute band named Get The Led Out in the PA area. I've tried to contact them to get a spot to at least sit in with them even at a soundcheck but to no avail so I'm trying to start my own. Good call though!

wow, that is funny how its all related, right? well, if anything else dawns on me, i will let you know.... ;)

ooh, how about "Footsteps of Dawn" ?

I thought of that and Tight But Loose but I thought it would be a bit too vague of a Zep reference for most people. Not on here of course. LOL

Thought of Bron-Yr-Aur as well just to hear people butcher it. LOL

It's amazing how much Bron-Yr-Aur is spelled incorrectly. Even Zeppelin is spelled Zepplin and other ways too. Pathetic.

So, I wounder if the OP has put into any account as to how they rate themselves as a Zeppelin band? What time frame of the "Mighty Zep" do they focus on what sound are they getting? and what look (if any) are they working on? These factors can give a clue as to a possible selection of a name.

It's amazing how much Bron-Yr-Aur is spelled incorrectly. Even Zeppelin is spelled Zepplin and other ways too. Pathetic.

Very pathetic! I always try to keep the spelling in "Bron-Yr-Aur" and "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" right, but still slip up sometimes :blush: Zepplin just drives me crazy!!

I suggest ..... "The Lemmon Squeezers" for the next all girl tribute band.. :D

:lol: Thanks The Rover!! We've been trying to find a name! ;)

So, I wounder if the OP has put into any account as to how they rate themselves as a Zeppelin band? What time frame of the "Mighty Zep" do they focus on what sound are they getting? and what look (if any) are they working on? These factors can give a clue as to a possible selection of a name.

I have. I'm not going for a look at all. The ability to play the songs are much more important to me than whether someone looks like Robert, Jimmy, or JPJ. I can't see myself saying "Well, that was just the best damn live Dazed solo I've heard but you look nothing like Jimmy so run along" or "You can hit all the Plant notes incredibly but your hair's short. Here, try a wig." LOL Ya know?

I place no importance on looks. Flat out mastery of the tunes is what I'm looking for with this project. I would want people with stage presence of course. I'm not focusing on any particular "era" or "tour". More like a Led Zeppelin jukebox. I think it would be cool to occasionally break out a specific set list from a certain tour here and there but advertise it as such in advance.

I'm not sure if this answers your queston. Maybe I'll call it Led Jukebox. LMAO! Hmm wait a minute.....WAIT A MINUTE! ;)

Archived