Best song off of In Through The Out Door

aen27

I would say In the Evening, but I don't like the production. I find it hard to get inside the sound. It's a bit too dense sonically IMO. Great song though!

I'll vote for Carouselambra.

Oddly, my favorite parts of both songs are the middle sections. Deep and murky (in a good way).

Fool in the Rain is a great song...

My band has always done Hot Dog, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl.

Aw crap, now I'm revisiting the merits of all the tracks!

Nah, I can't choose. :slapface:

I would say In the Evening, but I don't like the production. I find it hard to get inside the sound. It's a bit too dense sonically IMO. Great song though!

I'll vote for Carouselambra.

Oddly, my favorite parts of both songs are the middle sections. Deep and murky (in a good way).

Fool in the Rain is a great song...

My band has always done Hot Dog, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl.

Aw crap, now I'm revisiting the merits of all the tracks!

Nah, I can't choose. :slapface:

Howdy Ev. :wave:

That's EXACTLY my opinion as well. :yesnod:

I'm Gonna Crawl I don't really find such a great song writing-wise, but Jimmy's solo there is among his best.

Howdy Ev. :wave:

That's EXACTLY my opinion as well. :yesnod:

I'm Gonna Crawl I don't really find such a great song writing-wise, but Jimmy's solo there is among his best.

That song always had more meaning to me because it was the last song off the last studio album they did and the fact it's a slow, bluesy number, really hit me. For a long time I couldn't listen to it after Bonzo died. Was too sad.

That song always had more meaning to me because it was the last song off the last studio album they did and the fact it's a slow, bluesy number, really hit me. For a long time I couldn't listen to it after Bonzo died. Was too sad.

I can't say I've made that connection, Nine, perhaps because when the album came out I just felt more like celebrating! :lol: And I always remember reading about Knebworth and all that, there was a huge feature on it in the biggest daily here that I just devoured, and have since lost, regrettably. But I see what you mean - an almost uncannily fitting final song, in a way.

I can't say I've made that connection, Nine, perhaps because when the album came out I just felt more like celebrating! :lol: And I always remember reading about Knebworth and all that, there was a huge feature on it in the biggest daily here that I just devoured, and have since lost, regrettably. But I see what you mean - an almost uncannily fitting final song, in a way.

I got the album after Bonzo had passed and listening to it all the way through, that track felt so final. I remember overwhelming sadness as I was so hoping to see them in concert (even though I was a bit too young).

As an aside, the Knebworth bootleg was my first unofficial purchase :D

Hello Otto! Long time no see! :wave:

When I was a teenager, my friends and I always drew a bookend between the first album and ITTOD. The last song on the first album (How Many More Times) had the phrase "I'm sure you're gonna crawl". The last song on the "last" album was "I'm gonna crawl". It was one of those things you read into something that really isn't there, but makes a young fan point a finger (with smouldering joint in hand) and say "Hey man". :beer:

Yeah, between Knebworth, Creem magazine, and the release of ITTOD, it was Zeppelin heaven at my school! Zeppelin were BACK man! It was food from the godz! We were way too excited to look for things to criticize, and after it all settled in, I never found a need to. Another gospel to add to the canon. Another epistle from Sts P,P,B & J. Canonized to this day.

That's my feeling about it anyway. :beer:

In The Evening and Fool In The Rain...so two there :D

Out of interest, Hot Dog is the one LZ song I really dislike. I always skip it.

(Hot Dog) Yeah, it wasn't made to be taken seriously. It's a joke tune. You gotta have humor to appreciate it

(Hot Dog) Yeah, it wasn't made to be taken seriously. It's a joke tune. You gotta have humor to appreciate it

I have a sense of humor but I'm still not crazy about the song (though I do think it's cool they did it) <_<

I'm Gonna Crawl, for sure, one of my favourites. The other songs on the album are good too, well I hate Fool in the Rain, so excluding that, I am beggining to appreciate Carouselambra, the last part kinda bothers me still, but the first two parts are great :) I also love Hot Dog, it's a great song, much better than Stairway to Heaven in my opinion..

For me, it has to be Fool In The Rain. South Bound Saurez is a close number 2. I absolutely love this album. When I take a break from everything and listen to this album, it just frees my mind and relaxes me.

• 1 month later...

Archived