Least Favorite LZ Studio Album

Anybody who says Presence probably never bothered listening to it.

I think that IV is their worst album overall because with the exception of Stairway to Heaven and When the Levee Breaks, and to a far lesser extent Black Dog, every track is mediocre at best. Every other studio album has a higher proportion of brilliantly composed songs, even In Through the Out Door.

:slapface:

Let me just say I have listened to Presence MANY times and I love it! BUT if I had to pick, it falls at the bottom. It has NOTHING NOTHING to do with me 'never bothering to listen to it.' Laughable.

I'm not gonna dis you for your comments on IV because that's your personal opinion. However, IV is my favorite album of all time and PERSONALLY I find every track (except for Four Sticks) to be 5 Stars!

I think these threads are as inevitable as ones about your favorite songs, albums or concerts and they're just as vital and healthy as those type of discussions. I have my least favorite songs and albums by all the artists I'm into, it doesn't mean I hate those songs, records or the artists that recorded them.

I think these threads are as inevitable as ones about your favorite songs, albums or concerts and they're just as vital and healthy as those type of discussions. I have my least favorite songs and albums by all the artists I'm into, it doesn't mean I hate those songs, records or the artists that recorded them.

Completely agree! ;)

Anybody who says Presence probably never bothered listening to it.

Well I have. I still like it but to me Led Zeppelin's creative peak was from '69 through '74 (I wouldn't class '68 as much as the band were still getting to know each other then and it was mainly Page driven). Yes they did some good stuff after '74 but that period from LZ II to Physical Graffiti was incredible and up there with any other band's output. I don't think we can say the same about the last 2 albums, even though they are still good.

I think that IV is their worst album overall because with the exception of Stairway to Heaven and When the Levee Breaks, and to a far lesser extent Black Dog, every track is mediocre at best.

Wow. Rock and Roll, Misty Mountain Hop and Going to California were 'mediocre'? :o

Every other studio album has a higher proportion of brilliantly composed songs, even In Through the Out Door.

Unbelievable. :slapface::o

Coda.

It has it's good points but overall it wasn't a Zep complete.

I agree with you.

I like all the songs, but it is a shame that digital music technology came after they had disbanded.

It would have been nice to have had these songs on the albums related to when they were recorded.

I believe this would have enhanced each of these albums that much more.

Also, every time I hear a song from Coda it saddens me, knowing that Led Zeppelin was no more when it was released.

QUOTE (Aquamarine @ May 15 2009, 06:50 PM)

I always say this, but I might as well say it again, what the hell--

I don't see the attraction of threads that ask what you like least about the band, or what's the worst track on HOTH, or whatever. Obviously everybody likes some tracks more than others, but there are none I actively dislike. I love this band, I don't want to spend time trying to decide what their worst album is, when it's obviously just "least favorite" and way ahead of most other bands' best albums. And I do listen to and love lots of other bands!

To each his/her own, I guess.

thats the whole point of many forums. fruitless, endless and pointless pondering

I like all the songs, but it is a shame that digital music technology came after they had disbanded.

Just curious as to how the advent of digital music technology would have changed anything.

It would have been nice to have had these songs on the albums related to when they were recorded.

I believe this would have enhanced each of these albums that much more.

Do you mean a re-release of all the albums with songs tacked onto them from Coda that came from the same sessions/time period as those respective albums? I know some folks don't like the idea of bonus tracks being included on albums because they feel it takes away from the flow of the original record. Personally, that has never really bothered me but I know some fans aren't too fond of it. Even more so, I know none of us are too fond of buying the same albums over and over again. As long as you have a CD burner (or at least access to one) you should be able to make copies of all of the original albums with the tracks from Coda included on the appropriate ones.

I think Aquamarine summed it up best. I love this band so much that I don't like trying to pick apart the negatives. I love all of their albums!

I love all of their albums too but some more than others. Having discussions about your least favorite songs, albums, concerts, etc. sort of comes with the territory with messageboards. I can't really say I see anything "negative" about that. Just because I name an album or song as a least favorite doesn't mean I hate it. Would folks prefer a board where such conversations aren't allowed? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

Oh, come on, I certainly never suggested that it shouldn't be allowed!

Generally I like your posts Aqua but I don't understand the problem with this thread. I don't think that I'm talking shit on Led Zeppelin or wasting my time figuring out what a least favorite album is. I said in my FIRST post on this thread that I love the album I chose (Presence)! The tagline also mentions that 'THEY'RE ALL GREAT'. I think your post was a little bit of a overreaction. Take it easy. But to each their own! :rolleyes:

"To each their own" was exactly what I said. :huh: I was just pointing out that I didn't get the attraction. I'd rather talk about stuff I love than "Do I like Hot Dog less than Darlene?", that's all! Don't see any overreacting going on there. I don't have a problem with other people participating in such a thread, I was just saying that these threads have never appealed to me--that's all.

Oh, come on, I certainly never suggested that it shouldn't be allowed!

Nor did I suggest that you (or anyone else for that matter) did. I just don't see the harm in such a thread, nor do I find it negative. Like I said, I love all of the albums but I definitely have preferences when it comes to all of the artists I'm a fan of.

Nor did I suggest that you (or anyone else for that matter) did. I just don't see the harm in such a thread, nor do I find it negative. Like I said, I love all of the albums but I definitely have preferences when it comes to all of the artists I'm a fan of.

Well, the way you formulated it, the alternative to not being a fan of such threads was to think they shouldn't be allowed! I don't see ANY harm in the thread myself, all I'm saying is that such threads don't appeal to ME. I'm not saying anything at all about what other people ought to do or enjoy or whatever. MightyZep has a perfect right to start such a thread, and we all have a perfect right to like or dislike any songs by any bands and are not obliged to love all of them--I'm just saying this kind of thread doesn't appeal to my personal taste. That's all!!!!!!

Well, the way you formulated it, the alternative to not being a fan of such threads was to think they shouldn't be allowed! I don't see ANY harm in the thread myself, all I'm saying is that such threads don't appeal to ME. I'm not saying anything at all about what other people ought to do or enjoy or whatever. MightyZep has a perfect right to start such a thread, and we all have a perfect right to like or dislike any songs by any bands and are not obliged to love all of them--I'm just saying this kind of thread doesn't appeal to my personal taste. That's all!!!!!!

That was merely a reference to sites where any comments not completely complimentary of the artist are removed (and yes, they do exist). I wasn't suggesting that should happen here. I also don't think it means I dislike an album if I pick it as my least favorite. It simply means there are albums I may like more.

That was merely a reference to sites where any comments not completely complimentary of the artist are removed (and yes, they do exist). I wasn't suggesting that should happen here. I also don't think it means I dislike an album if I pick it as my least favorite. It simply means there are albums I may like more.

Yes, I know they exist, that's why I left one of them. ;)

We're splitting hairs now, as I never disagreed with you about any of that. All I said was that focusing on songs I like least doesn't give me a lot of pleasure. Which is the truth, it doesn't, end of point.

Always a pleasure wrangling with you! :D

Yes, I know they exist, that's why I left one of them. ;)

We're splitting hairs now, as I never disagreed with you about any of that. All I said was that focusing on songs I like least doesn't give me a lot of pleasure. Which is the truth, it doesn't, end of point.

Always a pleasure wrangling with you! :D

Well my only question is this. If it doesn't give you a lot of pleasure than why did you come and leave a lengthy comment (the first one) on this thread? I mean, sure you had every right to do that (and you have every right to personally dislike the thread too! lol) But if you loudly voice your opinion like that, then you gotta expect opposing comments! However, I definitely do not want to become enemies Aquamarine :D Not my goal. Like I said, you seem to be a clever and interesting person :wave:

Well my only question is this. If it doesn't give you a lot of pleasure than why did you come and leave a lengthy comment (the first one) on this thread? I mean, sure you had every right to do that (and you have every right to personally dislike the thread too! lol) But if you loudly voice your opinion like that, then you gotta expect opposing comments! However, I definitely do not want to become enemies Aquamarine :D Not my goal. Like I said, you seem to be a clever and interesting person :wave:

MightyZep, if I'd known my comment would make you feel this way I'd never have said it. It was a mild comment ("I don't see the attraction") and ended "To each his/her own." It wasn't some major slam, and I honestly don't see that it was "louder" than anybody else's opinion. Of course I expect opposing comments, in fact mine WAS the opposing comment, after everybody else just answered your question! But I didn't think it was a very controversial point--like I said, I've often said it before--and I'm sorry you felt this way. I'll withdraw it, OK? The last thing I intended to do was to start an argument (given that Jahfin and I argue anyway, no big deal).

Pals? :beer:

The last thing I intended to do was to start an argument (given that Jahfin and I argue anyway, no big deal).

I also have no problem with you whatsoever but I guess we don't always tend to see eye-to-eye a lot. There's no need to withdraw your comments. I feel such threads are just as productive as Most Favorite ones since they both bring out the real passion in fans.

MightyZep, if I'd known my comment would make you feel this way I'd never have said it. It was a mild comment ("I don't see the attraction") and ended "To each his/her own." It wasn't some major slam, and I honestly don't see that it was "louder" than anybody else's opinion. Of course I expect opposing comments, in fact mine WAS the opposing comment, after everybody else just answered your question! But I didn't think it was a very controversial point--like I said, I've often said it before--and I'm sorry you felt this way. I'll withdraw it, OK? The last thing I intended to do was to start an argument (given that Jahfin and I argue anyway, no big deal).

Pals? :beer:

Look, don't withdraw it. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not trying to condemn you. You're right, it was probably a mild comment that I took too far. I might be coming on a little strong. To be honest with you, what I think hit me the most was seeing like 5 comments after yours giving you the thumbs up for your comment. I just thought you were turning everybody away! And I felt differently. My bad on that.

Pals. :)

Look, don't withdraw it. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not trying to condemn you. You're right, it was probably a mild comment that I took too far. I might be coming on a little strong. To be honest with you, what I think hit me the most was seeing like 5 comments after yours giving you the thumbs up for your comment. I just thought you were turning everybody away! And I felt differently. My bad on that.

Pals. :)

Ah, I'm sorry if that really disturbed you that much, sincerely.

The thing is, I really don't have a "least favorite album". There are always things so wonderful about every album, the raw energy came off I and II, the fresh folk sound of III, the versatile beautiful melodies of IV, I can go on and on and on. Aqua was just quicker than me and put her thougts very well into words so I concured. :)

Ah, I'm sorry if that really disturbed you that much, sincerely.

The thing is, I really don't have a "least favorite album". There are always things so wonderful about every album, the raw energy came off I and II, the fresh folk sound of III, the versatile beautiful melodies of IV, I can go on and on and on. Aqua was just quicker than me and put her thougts very well into words so I concured. :)

No no don't worry about that. I think I was afraid that I was going to be condemned for this topic and I overreacted and I acused. I think I owe everybody an apology. I acted poorly. I'm not a hater! On y'all or on the albums. I just don't want everyone to think that.

Archived