Loreena McKennitt

WOW, great song, great vibe, great musicians great singer.

Thanks for posting!

So you are telling me you did not know her?

I am glad to know that NOW you do...

A Brief Overview

Canadian singer/composer Loreena McKennitt is self-managed, self-produced, and the head of her own internationally successful record label, Quinlan Road. In a recording career spanning nearly two decades, McKennitt's “eclectic Celtic” music has won critical acclaim worldwide and gold, platinum and multi-platinum sales awards in fifteen countries across four continents.

Born in the province of Manitoba, Canada, Loreena moved to Stratford, Ontario, Canada in 1981, where she still resides. She has acted and sung in, and composed music for Stratford Festival of Canada productions ranging from The Tempest (1982) to The Merchant Of Venice (2001).

Her recording career began in 1985 with the album Elemental. In the fledgling years of her label Quinlan Road, Loreena ran its operations from her kitchen table, selling recordings by mail order and producing her own concert tours across the country. Quinlan Road's catalogue is currently distributed around the world by The Verve Music Group (US), Universal Music (Canada and other territories including Italy and Spain) and a number of independents including Keltia Music (France) and SPV (Germany).

Loreena continues to manage her career from her Stratford base.

(from: Quinlan Road Website )

Ask Plant, not us, we are UnPlanted, Plantless, we are not even Plants, neither vegetables and/or fruit.

:D:D:D

This is the Post-Zeppelin Forum, not the Other Bands/Music Forum.

It seems that someone on this official Led Zeppelin message board may possibly know.

It seems that someone on this official Led Zeppelin message board may possibly know.

Well, it seems you are the only one who noticed that.

You are a star quality badgeholder now!

I'd love to see Robert on stage with Loreena McKennitt...

Loreena McKennnitt

Anyone suggest a producer please!!

She is great. And doesn't Loreena produce herself?

There's a similarity between her and Robert Plant's music, the Celtic tunes/world music influences mixture.

And I always love to see a hurdygurdy. :D

:D:D:D

Where - I didn't see any of them on stage.

He is at

0:55-0:58

2:13-2:17

2:38-2:40

3:59-4:02

4:22-4:26

4:36-4:44

Which one? :blink:

And I think it's Nigel Eaton on the Hurgy Gurdy, who has played with Page/Plant.

He is at 0:14-0:18 but it is not Nigel Eaton.

He is at

Confused. From the Black Dog clip, between 0.14 and 0.18 I can only see Robert and Clive Deamer(the drummer).

And I guess you were talking about the violinist in Loreena's video?

She's wonderful Reswati - check out either "The Book of Secrets" or "The Visit". Both are worth getting.

Yeah she's great! :notworthy::thumbsup: I love those two albums. And they really are worth purchasing (as opposed to acquiring through other means)not only because the music and production are great, but also she has very interesting notes on her travels and about how her songs came to be as a result.

She literally started from selling self-produced albums on grassy fields of local music festivals. It's great to see how far she's come, and what she's overcome, too.

He is at

I don't see it nor have I ever read anything about anyone from Strange Sensation working with her. There's a violin player that vaguely looks like John Baggot but it's not him.

Yeah she's great! :notworthy::thumbsup: I love those two albums. And they really are worth purchasing (as opposed to acquiring through other means)not only because the music and production are great, but also she has very interesting notes on her travels and about how her songs came to be as a result.

She literally started from selling self-produced albums on grassy fields of local music festivals. It's great to see how far she's come, and what she's overcome, too.

:cheer::D

She has come a long way for sure.

I don't see it nor have I ever read anything about anyone from Strange Sensation working with her. There's a violin player that vaguely looks like John Baggot but it's not him.

Me either. I wonder whether it's just Eaton that's the connection? He was with P&P on their tours, and is credited on her albums (not sure if he tours with her, but then again, how many hurdy gurdy players are there, really? :P )

EDITED to add that Hossam Ramzy has played with both of them, too.

Me either. I wonder whether it's just Eaton that's the connection? He was with P&P on their tours, and is credited on her albums (not sure if he tours with her, but then again, how many hurdy gurdy players are there, really? :P )

It could be Eaton and he's a very well known hurdy gurdy player. I don't know how many are out there either!

I'd love to see Robert on stage with Loreena McKennitt...

Anyone suggest a producer please!!

It seems - no one thought about it before!??

A suggestion for a future project with Plant does NOT fit into 'Post Zeppelin Forum' ??

Just tell me where to move the topic then :blink:

There's a similarity between her and Robert Plant's music, the Celtic tunes/world music influences mixture.

Again : When I started this topic i meant to say :

"Hey, listen to Loreena McKennitt.

Would it not be a good idea to find a producer good enough to start a project with Loreena and Plant?

It´s meant to be a fusion of two genres, like T Bone Burnett produced Raising Sand as "an unexpected collaboration with 'a Legend of Rock and Roll' and an 'Icon of Bluegrass'.

Obviously is needed another producer to melt together the music of Robert & Loreena!

But Who?

It all depends on how hard he has to think about it.

He should do what he wants.

When did Robert Plant say that he would collaborate with this artist?

I guess - then it was my idea, yesterday, when i had my breakfast coffee B)

Ask Plant, not us, we are UnPlanted, Plantless, we are not even Plants, neither vegetables and/or fruit.

Archived