What no bids yet?!

Nech

Just bought my 15th Robert Plant from a Japanese collector, so i'm broke.

(still I am very happy since all 15 Roberts singing together is quite amazing)

Any chance that the guy who sells the amp also sells Boleskine house? (I collect Boleskine Houses as well)

SOLD

According to Gibson.com, a sole eBay bidder coughed up a whopping $30,000 this morning (Thursday, May 21) for a 1971 200-watt Orange MATAMP purportedly owned and played by Jimmy Page during LED ZEPPELIN's glory years. The amp, which appears to be authentic and is apparently in the hands of a private collector, was advertised as "used on the 1971 world tour and subsequent recordings, and can be seen in various stage photos as late as October 1973."

Jimmy Page Orange Amp sold for $30k

Posted on 22nd May 2009 10:05 to category Instruments News

A 1971 Orange Matamp, purportedly once belonging to Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, has been sold for $30,000 (£18,898) at auction.

Superb prices on musical instrumentsAccording to its eBay listing, the 200-watt amplifier was used by the guitar legend on his band's 1971 world tour and served as his main amp for several years.

It bears the stamp 'Custom built for Jimmy Page' and carries the serial number OR264. Proof of the instrument's veracity stems from its listing on the Matamp website and photographs of Page playing it live in 1973.

Just one, anonymous user attempted to buy the item, winning with the opening bid when the auction came to a close at 09:02 PDT on May 21st.

Page remains an Orange artist to this day, along with dozens of major rock bands, including Jimmy Eat World, The Ataris and Kaiser Chiefs.

The company's products have also been used by the likes of Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi and ZZ Top over the years

Posted on 22nd May 2009 10:05 to category Instruments News

A 1971 Orange Matamp, purportedly once belonging to Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, has been sold for $30,000 (£18,898) at auction.

Superb prices on musical instrumentsAccording to its eBay listing, the 200-watt amplifier was used by the guitar legend on his band's 1971 world tour and served as his main amp for several years.

It bears the stamp 'Custom built for Jimmy Page' and carries the serial number OR264. Proof of the instrument's veracity stems from its listing on the Matamp website and photographs of Page playing it live in 1973.

Just one, anonymous user attempted to buy the item, winning with the opening bid when the auction came to a close at 09:02 PDT on May 21st.

Page remains an Orange artist to this day, along with dozens of major rock bands, including Jimmy Eat World, The Ataris and Kaiser Chiefs.

The company's products have also been used by the likes of Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi and ZZ Top over the years

Y'all will have to excuse me for being totally shameless :P

orangeamp061a.jpg

Y'all will have to excuse me for being totally shameless :P

orangeamp061a.jpg

How would one go about obtaining a limited edition autographed copy of this photo?

How would one go about obtaining a limited edition autographed copy of this photo?

Just as I was thinking to myself I would do anything in my right mind to be the person who gets to own or use that thing, I see this. You don't know how much I'm envying you right now. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I´ve always thought Jimmy used the Orange solely for his theremin.

If so....30 k for a Jimmy Page theremin amp...it´s like buying the guitar amp owned by Billy Joel :D

I thought the same. The Oranges on stage right are Jonses, possibly for keys. By the build day of the one on eBay, as far as I know Jimmy was exclusively using Marshalls (and sometimes HiWatts in 1971). The Orange was for the Theremin.

I´ve always thought Jimmy used the Orange solely for his theremin.

If so....30 k for a Jimmy Page theremin amp...it´s like buying the guitar amp owned by Billy Joel :D

There was a rumour that Page actually used his Orange amp exclusively during the 2007 02 show, not the Marshalls.

Archived