What is your Zep Moment this week?

• 2 weeks later...

Driving ( yes I have my licence back after 12 years...yes) from ACDC gig in London to Brighton the next day to see War of the Worlds in concert with Kashmir playing in the car on a 85 degrees day, windows open.

I was at Bad Company in Atlantic City on July 4- See other bands/music for review.

After the show I overheard the roadies saying that they wish led zeppelin would get back together for a tour so they could roadie for them. It seems no matter who you go see, Zeppelin always comes up.

My defining Zep-related moment this week was meeting one Jason Bonham, before the Sheffield Airrace/Thunder gig at Sheffield City Hall.

I'd met him before when he was drumming for Page on the 'Outrider' tour, but only fleetingly.

He was a complete gent, and happily signed my (boot) version of the O2 gig. Nice bloke! :D

Our local jazz station has a blues segment every night, and a few nights ago I heard a rendition of "When the Levee Breaks." It was quite good. And just yesterday I saw a commercial that said, "When life gives you lemons, squeeze a lemon." It was a lemonade commercial. :D

My defining Zep-related moment this week was meeting one Jason Bonham, before the Sheffield Airrace/Thunder gig at Sheffield City Hall.

I'd met him before when he was drumming for Page on the 'Outrider' tour, but only fleetingly.

He was a complete gent, and happily signed my (boot) version of the O2 gig. Nice bloke! :D

That's really cool! I'm glad Jason was a gent.

My Zep moment this week was sitting in some bad ass traffic, being pissed off because people suddenly lost the ability to drive in the rain, and they played a Zep rock block on the radio (Fool in the Rain and When the Levee Breaks). It was pretty funny, given the weather conditions. Suddenly, everything was good again. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

....August 4, 1979.......Bonzo, Robert, Jimmy, John Paul Jones, all of you enriched my first adult day today through your music...you made my life culturally diverse, difficult to express in few words just what that truly means, but you and I both know what that is...(that's all it matters).

Peter, Richard.... entourage - all of you are very much in my thoughts, it wasn't just the musicians, the camaraderie your generation shared is indeed difficult to match.......

.....Some place faraway, yet so near.....

My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon, I will return again

Sure as the dust that floats high in June, when movin' through Kashmir.

My only son came to visit me this weekend. So Saturday we went driving around the Blue Ridge Parkway and of course every CD in my car was Zeppelin. So we listened for about 7 hours and I of course would be wailing out the lyrics and enjoying the music and scenery and the time with him.

We get home and were relaxing a little before deciding where we want to go for dinner. I put on the DVD-TSRTS. He looks at me very lovingly and said "Mom, come on I know you love them and I know you have other great music that we can listen to" I looked at him and said "I know I gave birth to you as I was there and how can you possibly be from my loins and not want to listen to them" he laughed and I gave in and put his favorite band Pink Floyd---- I picked Dark Side of the Moon. I was very pleased when he smiled and said I was still a cool Mom:-)

You must know that he is the only one I would do this for!!!!!

Archived