Destroyer

robi1138

The following comment will make me sound EXTREMELY dense, so forgive me for that.

A- Where is the cut in NQ?

B- If there is only one version, how do we know there is a cut?

Edited by kashmiran

• 5 years later...

Be on the lookout for a new version of this classic boot, in this case titled "The Destroyer" (which used to signify 1977/04/28 but in this case means 1977/04/27). Said to feature much improved sound (I'm not sure how it could get much better) it perhaps may feature more tape and less gaps (don't anyone hold their breath yet though).

There will be three versions with different covers released on the old Tarantu... label, so for the hardcore collectors this will be a pain in the butt.

Be on the lookout for a new version of this classic boot, in this case titled "The Destroyer" (which used to signify 1977/04/28 but in this case means 1977/04/27). Said to feature much improved sound (I'm not sure how it could get much better) it perhaps may feature more tape and less gaps (don't anyone hold their breath yet though).

There will be three versions with different covers released on the old Tarantu... label, so for the hardcore collectors this will be a pain in the butt.

As far as I know, "Destroyer" has always been used to signify the April 27, 1977 show.

I read somewhere before that there were two sources from 4/28 too, the review said that the one not in circulation is a better sounding version (go figure) and the common one is not as good. I'll try to find where I got that from

UPDATE: I can't locate where I found that. It was a website that archived all of the sources for each show and I cannot find where I read that...

No, it was just a written archive with reviews and different documentation for each source and each boot release. I remember it being under the helm of one or two guys that did all of the archiving themselves, no actual audio. Although that website is helpful, it doesn't have any written reviews for the different tape sources and all of the documented boots like that one website I was thinking of.

...And besides which, the Black Beauty site only lists the myriad of different boots for the common "Oh Fuck!" April 28 source. The only sites I've read actual confirmation of the second source are Argenteum Astrum's site (and he isn't exactly the most trustworthy collector in the Zeppelin trading community) and over at Steve Hoffman's site which is where I recall first hearing of the second April 28 source in the first place...

...And besides which, the Black Beauty site only lists the myriad of different boots for the common "Oh Fuck!" April 28 source. The only sites I've read actual confirmation of the second source are Argenteum Astrum's site (and he isn't exactly the most trustworthy collector in the Zeppelin trading community) and over at Steve Hoffman's site which is where I recall first hearing of the second April 28 source in the first place...

That's the site! Yes, thank you for mentioning that, Nutrocker. Where did he get that the second source was taped "on platform usually used for television camera for sports broadcasts"?

Has he had access to that second source?

That's the site! Yes, thank you for mentioning that, Nutrocker. Where did he get that the second source was taped "on platform usually used for television camera for sports broadcasts"?

Has he had access to that second source?

I would assume he has had access to it, but it doesn't change the fact that he's still a slimy fucker in cahoots with bootleggers, likes to blab (AA is one of the people responsible for why we don't have Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 recording in circulation) and generally is one of those people who gives Zeppelin collectors a bad name...

I would assume he has had access to it, but it doesn't change the fact that he's still a slimy fucker in cahoots with bootleggers, likes to blab (AA is one of the people responsible for why we don't have Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 recording in circulation) and generally is one of those people who gives Zeppelin collectors a bad name...

Oh brother, this guy. I read what you wrote about what happened to Freezer on that other thread and that is just downright WRONG. I getcha why this guy would be hard to believe, he is one very slimy fucker... :thumbdown:

In fact it's not true. That guy (AA) indeed is a strange person. However, I spoke to few others around and it seems that someone else from the behind is responsible for that weird situation. The Baton Rouge 77 for almost sure haven't been trading to anyone coz I know someone who has access to, literally speaking, everything that is in circulation, along with sources that haven't been in general trading. I asked him if he knows something about Baton Rouge tape and he said he could trade everything of what he got to get a copy of that tape. So, I cannot confirm this for sure but I strongly believe that we'll never hear this show.

Edited by zepster1979