The Joy Of Aging

redrum

I had a colonoscopy yesterday. 5 polyps removed and I feel fine.

The prep is the worst part and now I'm good for 10 years.

I don't even remember getting dressed or a friend driving me home and I missed Idol last night.

:blink::)

I don't even remember getting dressed or a friend driving me home and I missed Idol last night.

Hi, Redrum! Glad you're feeling fine and good for another decade! I plan to get my colonoscopy this summer and I'm not looking forward to the prepping part. Ick! :(

Hi, Redrum! Glad you're feeling fine and good for another decade! I plan to get my colonoscopy this summer and I'm not looking forward to the prepping part. Ick! :(

Thanks!

Just keep a full roll of tp handy. Other than that it's a piece of cake. :)

The day before I had lots of bullion, tea, and popsicles. :D

I have not yet emabrked on that preventative test yet but I hear that a few polyps are very normal. Glad you are doing better.

Some say your age is not equal the number of candles on your birthday cake, but the number of toxins you do not eliminate from your body. So, 5 less polyps means maybe 5 years younger..???

;)

Glad to hear it went well redrum.

But.........I didn't even know what a colonopscopy was until I looked it up. Ouch, sounds horrible.

Oh and I thought polyps lived in the sea. :slapface::unsure:

Edited by Mangani

Thanks Virginia and ninelives. I was actually going to cancel it because the laxatives were $80.00!!! :slapface:

But I got lucky and the nurse at the docs office gave me a free bottle.

B)

:o :o :o How much??

You can get the same thing from the drugstore for a fraction of the price--good thing you found a nice nurse. :D

(I'm jealous because they make me go every five years, for some reason. :P)

Edited by Aquamarine

I have not yet emabrked on that preventative test yet but I hear that a few polyps are very normal. Glad you are doing better.

Some say your age is not equal the number of candles on your birthday cake, but the number of toxins you do not eliminate from your body. So, 5 less polyps means maybe 5 years younger..???

;)

Thanks Misty.

5 years younger ey?

I'll take it.

B)

Glad to hear it went well redrum.

But.........I didn't even know what a colonopscopy was until I looked it up. Ouch, sounds horrible.

Oh and I thought polyps lived in the sea. :slapface::unsure:

Yeah, I have a friend who said you can watch it on tv while they do it.

No thanks, and I'm glad I was put out. B)

This is on my agenda this year as well, having just hit the half century mark.But my palms are sweating because I have a dental appointment tomorrow.The dentist thing freaks me out most. The plus is , my dentist is on faculty and a babe to boot.That alone will help my outlook. Hope she has some good rings to choose from....

This is on my agenda this year as well, having just hit the half century mark.But my palms are sweating because I have a dental appointment tomorrow.The dentist thing freaks me out most. The plus is , my dentist is on faculty and a babe to boot.That alone will help my outlook. Hope she has some good rings to choose from....

Same here. I'd take many other doctors over a dentist.

Naaah, don't worry, jabe, dentists are fine. The majority of them totally understand a patient's case of the jitters. I do understand how you feel, tho'. I hope this helps: Each time I see my dentist or periodontist, I remember that they are nowadays very well-trained in bedside manner. Why, just this Monday I saw my dentist, had x-rays and he told me what I needed to do (which was not so hard to stomach, fortunately).

Anyways, I'm sure you'll feel soooo much better once it's over and done with. And, if you need a follow-up visit. It'll be a piece of cake compared to this initial visit. :)

Thanks Virginia and ninelives. I was actually going to cancel it because the laxatives were $80.00!!! :slapface:

But I got lucky and the nurse at the docs office gave me a free bottle.

B)

That's good news!

$80 is really a bargain compared to an $80K surgery ;)

There is no joy in physical aging.

However, thanks to advancements in medical science, aging is going to be changed.

I see people becoming more health conscious in the future. I also see cosmetic surgery becoming extremely normal for the average person.

My own personal belief is that most aging, disease, problems etc can be prevented through good diet and exercise. Your genes are a blue print, but they are 100% influenced by what you do with your body.

There is no joy in physical aging.

Or in Mudville. B)

My own personal belief is that most aging, disease, problems etc can be prevented through good diet and exercise. Your genes are a blue print, but they are 100% influenced by what you do with your body.

Most would agree except for the McDonald's, Burger King, Jack In The Box, Pizza Hut, Arby's and beer ads on TV. <_<