ATTENDEE'S

Just watched the full concert again, its an injustice that more people are not given the chance to see the phenomenen of Led Zeppelin live, just pleased i was there, totally different to watching the dvd, i can still feel the beat of jason's kick drum in my chest....absolute awesome.

Just watched the full concert again, its an injustice that more people are not given the chance to see the phenomenen of Led Zeppelin live, just pleased i was there, totally different to watching the dvd, i can still feel the beat of jason's kick drum in my chest....absolute awesome.

I wasn't there but I don't see it as an injustice :huh:

bigzepfan is really Dave - the official first in line at the show.

hey dave...my girlfriend back in chicago has some video she took of you guys on sunday night that i'm sure you would appreciate...next time i'm there i'll get it downloaded for you...

• 2 weeks later...

Leddy- Chris (Hants)

Thanks to Whyalla I go to go, thank you so much.

I will keep it brief but it started with us all in the ballot, when the day came and went and the realisation that I had not got a ticket, the usual upbeat me was a little downbeat, my friend at work noticed this and at his suggestion I wrote a letter to Harvey goldsmith asking that the concert be screened outside somewhere in London for all us people who were going up but couldn't get in. I even said I would make the tea for the them all lol.

He obviously didn't get back to me and Igot use to the fact that after waiting 27 years to see Zeppelin or a Zeppelin in name group perform a full concert that I would just have go and be outside the O2.

fast forward to about ten days before the rearranged gig, and Whyalla on this board who I talked too, sent me and email on this forum ( I was on here at the time it was sent, but talking on the phone). my heart missed a beat and said to the person on the phone I will phone you back). I read it again and relaised that although I had never met him before that he would sell me his other ticket to true Zep fan, as his wife Nessy wasn't and thought it should go to someone who did like them. I emailed right back and bit his hand off Lol.

The day before the gig I went met in a hotel ( it was like something out of a film) then went to the arena to get tickets and bands. I still couldn't believe this was really going to happen due to the nature of how the tickets were being distributed and that the buyers of the tickets had to be there etc. We waited in line for 3 hours and at one point i said to my partner that I had an aura and that I might go in to a full seizure, I told her that if I pass out that and have a seizure that she had to drag me to the front with steve to get the ticket and wristband on me whatever it took lol. Thankfully after about an hour of the aura i didn't go into a full seizure ( I was going to get the ticket at all costs lol).

I won't bore you anymore but meeting Whyalla and his wife, the meetup the night before, the gig and bumping into Lee and Chicken mins after the gig will live with me forever.

I can never repay Whyalla for letting this happen but he made a Zep freak really happy.

Still doesn't explain how Angel of Avalon got in, though, Leddy!!

:) :) :)

You going along to the Knebworth reunion on August 8th?

I will email you about that as thats another story, rt place and all that :).

Where is the Kneb reunion although I didn't go to Knebs in 79, maybe a o2 reunion one day :)

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I thank the lord I was one of the lucky ones! I am following my Zeppelin anniversary routine. I am listening to the opening acts while eating a plate of bangers and mash like I had at the Pilot Inn. Then I will wash it down with a couple of Guiness. and pop in the dvd at 4PM (EST) Heres a pic of my friend John and myself with Dave Lewis at the Pilot Inn. And another one of my hat at the show

post-2271-0-86413600-1292013186_thumb.jp

post-2271-0-92908700-1292013223_thumb.jp

I was standing right in front of the mixing desk, right hand side (as you look at the stage).

From there the sound quality was incredible. They really did their homework on the that aspect. In fact, the whole performance was amazing in so many ways - from the band giving it everything, to the wonderful stage production. This gig was so fantastic that I can honestly say that I give it a thought every single day.

• 4 weeks later...

I was standing right in front of the mixing desk, right hand side (as you look at the stage).

From there the sound quality was incredible. They really did their homework on the that aspect. In fact, the whole performance was amazing in so many ways - from the band giving it everything, to the wonderful stage production. This gig was so fantastic that I can honestly say that I give it a thought every single day.

This fellow Canadian was there too! Best night of my life.....a truly remarkable occasion. After 30 years of hoping and wishing my dreams came true on 12/10/2007.

ChristineMattPre-Show.jpg

IMGP3152.jpg

IMGP3166.jpg

IMGP3173.jpg

This fellow Canadian was there too! Best night of my life.....a truly remarkable occasion. After 30 years of hoping and wishing my dreams came true on 12/10/2007.

ChristineMattPre-Show.jpg

IMGP3152.jpg

IMGP3166.jpg

IMGP3173.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^ Was right in front of the mixing desk too on the far left if you were looking from stage :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

If Fsmith is still around these parts, can it be revealed now the name of the hotel he and the Zeppelins were staying in? [i'm assuming Jimmy stayed in the same hotel as his guitars, and that the whole band was in the same hotel!]

I was at the O2, up in the high seats (opposite side to Zepp-a-holic) but very overjoyed to finally see and hear Jimmy Page play live.

I went to the O2 Area Concert, London - 12.10.07. I flew out from California with out a Ticket in Hand. As the Hammer of the Gods would have it, I was about to get a Ticket and ended up 2nd row center. I was even Interviewed afterwards - http://www.flickr.co...eppelinconcerts

http://www.flickr.co...81954@N20/pool/

^^^

Actor Donald Sutherland in the house!

I'm starting my interviews for my series "From the Fans" - Led Zeppelin at the 02!

Anyone who wishes to contribute written reviews, photos, a video review, links to cool stuff about the show, etc. can do so at

FrontRowDave.com starting on May 27.

I've already video interviewed about twenty attendees and would like everyone to contribute!!!!

Rock On my Zeppelin Friends!

Archived