KISS

Have you tried one of those spicy Kiss snacks?

Not yet! I intended to go out for one today but it's been pouring rain all day as Typhoon Francisco is now approaching:

Kiss' arrival coincided with the tail end of Typhoon Wipha:

Edited by SteveAJones

KissSteamedBunsatCircleKSunkus.jpg

KISS steamed buns will be available at Circle K Sunkus convenience stores throughout Japan during the band's Monster Japanese Tour.

KISS your buns? With pleasure but for a limited time only, and it’ll cost you 100 yen (about $1) each time. We’re talking about the KISS Super-Spicy Chili Tomatoman meat buns on sale at Japan’s Circle K Sunkus convenience stores of course, a tasteful promotion seeking to boost awareness of the band’s Japanese tour.

The buns are delivered cold to each individual Circle K Sunkus location and are then heated to serving temperature in an in-store steamer. Peel back the collectible black-on-white wrapper featuring the made-up faces of each band member and you’ll find a gray flattened spheroid branded with a small KISS logo.

The bun’s not moldy; its rock-like look is purely intentional and is achieved through the use of Bamboo Charcoal in the pastry mix. It’s not near as black as Burger King Japan’s Premium KURO Burger so it’s got that going for it, which is nice. It gets better… lurking in the center of the bun is a fiery red tomato-meat mixture which, combined with the stone-simulating bun, evokes scenes of molten lava oozing down the slopes of Vesuvius, Kilauea, or Japan’s own Sakurajima.

The molten lava impression gets much, MUCH stronger once purchasers bite into that fiery red center: punching up the potent tomato and beef flavor is a hefty dose of habanero pepper and not just ANY old habanero pepper either.

According to the info on the display case, KISS Super-Spicy Chili Tomatoman meat buns contain “the habanero chili pepper which once held the Guinness World Record for hottest chili.” Not that real KISS fans will mind – breathing fire and spitting blood are all part & parcel of the KISS experience.

Edited by SteveAJones

Kiss Monster Tour Japan Photos

Castle Hall in Osaka

October 21, 2013

OsakaOct21001.jpg

OSakaMampG.jpg

Osaka Meet and Greet performance

OsakaMampG2.jpg

Gene with a fan's handwritten card during the Meet and Greet

OsakaOct21002.jpg

Osaka Meet and Greet

OsakaMampG3-1.jpg

Osaka Meet and Greet

Osakatick.jpg

Osaka Castle Hall ticketing staff

OsakaOct21003.jpg

Osaka Castle Hall ticket staff

OSaka.jpg

Osaka is ready to rock

SingerOsaka.jpg

Eric's kit

OsakaOct21006.jpg

Osaka

OsakaOct21005.jpg

Osaka

OsakaOct21007.jpg

Osaka

OsakaOct21008.jpg
Osaka
OsakaOct21009.jpg
Osaka

OsakaOct21010.jpg

Osaka

Edited by SteveAJones

Excellent photos Steve.. Looks like Kiss mania is in full swing in Japan..

But, I must say, I have a hard time watching Tommy Thayer singing Shock me. That was Ace's signature song.. Not the Spaceman character's song ... but ACE FREHLEY'S. Is Eric Singer singing Beth too?

Excellent photos Steve.. Looks like Kiss mania is in full swing in Japan..

But, I must say, I have a hard time watching Tommy Thayer singing Shock me. That was Ace's signature song.. Not the Spaceman character's song ... but ACE FREHLEY'S. Is Eric Singer singing Beth too?

For some fans, Ace & Peter being replaced is a disappointment if not a real point of contention. On the other hand, for Gene & Paul, Ace & Peter were all too often a disappointment that would have put the future of the band in doubt. Personally, I accept Tommy & Eric in the band. Unlike Led Zeppelin, for example, there have been a number of lineup changes over the past 40 years. Regardless, Tommy can play and Eric is not only a solid drummer but a gifted vocalist who ensures the harmonies are right and the high notes are hit. Perhaps Tommy's gone too far in the past when he mimics Ace's signature stage move (that knock-kneed "I've got to a pee" pose) but as Gene has stated, Kiss is more than a rock n roll band, they are a rock n roll brand.

Gene was asked a couple weeks ago about a possible Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction next year, specifically if Ace & Peter would be allowed to join he & Paul for the traditional induction jam. He said they had every right to attend but would not be invited to perform. "How many chances do you get in one life?", added Gene, referring to Ace & Peter having thrown away (as far as he's concerned) having been brought back into the band three times.

Beth was not performed on the Japanese tour, but Shock Me was performed each night as a segue into Outta This World.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...

Kiss Monster Tour Japan Bootleg Releases

The country of origin for all the new releases below is Japan.

KISS LOVES YOU CHIBA

Xavel (Xavel-HM-010)
Double Silver CD Set with Full Color Packaging

Scan1.jpg

Scan2.jpg

KISS INVADES MESSE

See No Evil Records (S.N.E.-209)
Double Silver CD Set with Full Color Packaging

Scan3.jpg

Scan4.jpg

KISS: GIANT SPIDER FROM HELL

Sylph Records (SY-1206)