KISS

Wasn't it a fan vote that got KISS in? Btw, wasn't rock n roll invented in America? Maybe April Wine and Def Leppard speak more to you, but Bob Dylan spoke to a generation and Sprinsteen spoke to an entire heavily populated region. To each his own...after all "it's only rock n roll, but I like it!".

KISS just drew about 20,000 recently in Tampa, Florida. Not bad after 40+ years of touring!

I'm happy that Kiss got in, I really am!

And yes there is some sort of 'vote' that happens, but at the end of the day, there is some sort of weird process that involves a committee who gets to decide in combination with a vote of some sort. I'm happy that Kiss is being recognised.

It's cool that people love Bruce Springsteen or Dylan, it's just not music I get, when I was a kid that stuff never clicked with me because I didn't grow up in America. Songs about a white police officer pulling over a black man driving a tractor trailer in South Carolina filled with hash from Boston at 2AM on a country back road isn't the type of song that really does anything for me, and that to me is what "Americana" music is about. Whenever I would hear those type of American social commentary songs, my eyes would sort of glaze over.

And yes, I do like April Wine, I thought they wrote cool rock songs, but I also loved stuff like the Doors or Zeppelin or the Beatles. I don't like my music overly political. I prefer thematic sounds or vibes over outright political messages. Sorry if I offended you somehow as it was not meant that way.

Edited by Charles J. White

You didn't offend me at all. I'm not that easily offended. I was just responding to your post. Not even with your black guy getting pulled over at 2 am, by a white cop, with a truck full of hash comment. Not sure what that has to do with "Americana" music as you say. Dylan was before my time and not my taste, but I fully understand his impact. Springsteen I liked more, but still far from everything he's released in his vast catalog. Artists like them didn't write about the same things time after time, otherwise they would've gone by the wayside - instead of having careers that spanned decades of popularity and success. Plus how is U2 "Americana" when many of their songs were anti-America in the mid-80's? Seems to me you need to dig deeper with some of your labels and generalizations.

As far as KISS goes, you can read my comments on them in the preceding pages of this thread. I fully support them being inducted for their influence on music/concerts alone. I've seen them 3 times and was never disappointed with what was delivered by them.

If you think the r n r hall of fame is a joke, join the masses in line. However, as I said before, the artists who are inducted seem to be honored by being placed next to their peers and musical heroes/influences.

They are alright. To me, they seem to be more like a band that relies more on their style rather than the quality of their songs.

My opinion of them as well. Still, I gotta admit that Rock and Roll All Night kicks ass. One of the great classic rock anthems.

Still, I gotta admit that Rock and Roll All Night kicks ass. One of the great classic rock anthems.

My condolences...

It amazes me how many people think this band is good.

I'm fortunate, Disco Duck, that you think so highly of this song, and I don't - must be extremely hard to write a song that repeats the same line over and over again.

My condolences...

It amazes me how many people think this band is good.

I'm fortunate, Disco Duck, that you think so highly of this song, and I don't - must be extremely hard to write a song that repeats the same line over and over again.

It's catchy and very simple; that's why it's so easy to sing along to it. It's a great audience participation number.

Edited by Disco Duck

• 4 weeks later...

I`m not a biggest fan of Kiss, as there more cabaret show band with the fire/ blood, guitars firing flames and the make-up. which in the `70`s was done to death with the likes of Alice Copper.

there albums with Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter in full cartoon make-up plastered all over the covers, to me didn't help there music calling out for pick me up and listen. is this the biggest wrong out look buy me maybe but personnel I don't think so. that's just not true in that I`ve gotten the albums as gifts at birthday/Christmas, which are the first/second Alive and double platinum. the last ones a double greatest hits package, they where from my grandmother thinking I`d like them add to the downside for me to getting into there style of cartoon rock was hard for Kiss they where against the mighty, dirty, bluesy rock `n` roll of Aerosmith. now the old lifecycle as gone and hit me like a brick as I`ve been listening to the double platinum album the songs are more rocker than I`d first heard many years a go. but now cold gin, I`m enjoying more each time I play them...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2015 at 9:08 AM, SteveAJones said:

...Japan is getting ready for the return of Kiss...

20150303TokyoDomeflyer_zps19c69f88.jpg

001-Copy_zpsbd23e7e1.jpg

40th Anniversary Tour & Album Promo from Universal Music Japan

The new single from Momoiro Clover Z featuring Kiss...nearly ONE MILLION VIEWS this week

Only three short weeks now until I see them Steve! Will you be going to any of the first dates in the U.S. or Canada? 😀

Edited by luvlz2