KISS

According to setlist.fn, they did a six song warm up / sound check yesterday.

Kissbandmusic (instagram) has the entire set list (21 songs) for today’s concert if anyone wants to see or check here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2020/atlantis-the-palm-jumeirah-united-arab-emirates-4b83ff36.html

They had to change / censor lyrics in two songs: “100,000 Years” & “God of Thunder”, they added a last minute song “Strutter” so they would hit the midnight hour in Dubai for RNRAN and they broke Guinness Book of World Records for the Most Flames ignited simultaneously in a concert (w/ 73).

R😎

75C1CC15-3502-4C90-B42A-F5FBC925BCB0.jpeg

Edited by reids

6 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

At 2:02:00 you can see the Starman logo on both of Eric Singer’s bass drum heads as a tribute to the late, Neil Peart (Rush drummer), who toured with KISS in the early 70s. 

R😎

Edited by reids

Skimmed through the show on YouTube...not horrible, but they are definitely showing their age. Even with Thayer on lead guitar, they just can’t get Ace’s tone right. They remain the kings of pyro. 

Then I came across this short set from a week before I saw them at Tiger Stadium in ‘96 for the start of the reunion tour....

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Skimmed through the show on YouTube...not horrible, but they are definitely showing their age. Even with Thayer on lead guitar, they just can’t get Ace’s tone right. They remain the kings of pyro. 

Then I came across this short set from a week before I saw them at Tiger Stadium in ‘96 for the start of the reunion tour....

Enjoyed seeing the concert through YouTube for free. I miss Paul’s voice from yesteryear, as they’re running tracks a good 50+% of the time nowadays. I’m not sure Tommy wants to get Ace’s exact tone, as he plays through his signature Hughes-Ketner amps with different settings and Ace plays through his signature Les Paul’s plugged into Marshall Amps. Thanks for sharing the 96 concert footage. I miss Ace not being in the band, but he left multiple times. Hope he returns with Peter and Bruce at their “final” (touring) concert in 2021/22. They’ll probably do Various residencies in Las Vegas, Madison Square Garden, Royal Albert Hall, Dubai, Tokyo, Australia, etc around the world after their 2nd farewell tour ends in 2023/4 (to mark their 50th anniversary), then sell / re-release their Kissology box set w/ volume 4 finally added after they retire (2024/25).

R😎

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, reids said:

Enjoyed seeing the concert through YouTube for free. I miss Paul’s voice from yesteryear, as they’re running tracks a good 50+% of the time nowadays. I’m not sure Tommy wants to get Ace’s exact tone, as he plays through his signature Hughes-Ketner amps with different settings and Ace plays through his signature Les Paul’s plugged into Marshall Amps. Thanks for sharing the 96 concert footage. I miss Ace not being in the band, but he left multiple times. Hope he returns with Peter and Bruce at their “final” (touring) concert in 2021/22. They’ll probably do Various residencies in Las Vegas, Madison Square Garden, Royal Albert Hall, Dubai, Tokyo, Australia, etc around the world after their 2nd farewell tour ends in 2023/4 (to mark their 50th anniversary), then sell / re-release their Kissology box set w/ volume 4 finally added after they retire (2024/25).

R😎

Free is the only way to see that show! Yeah Paul was hoarse a few times. Are they running tracks that much? Good grief.  Like Paul said in the earlier interview posted - they want the songs to be the way they were, for the fans. Thayer isn’t bad. I think Bruce was the best, outside of Ace. When Ace is there it’s just magical. He’s in my top 10 all-time guitarists. I’ve always loved his style, sound and attitude. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Was I seeing things or did Paul and Gene change their makeup slightly? Is that due to a copyright or licensing thing? 

Yes. Good catch. Interestingly enough, they’ve been slightly changing their makeup a few times lately (Gene reverting back to early 74 more batwing-like design and Paul modifying his perhaps for a licensing reason / overseas modifications). They did alter lyrics in two songs, as I mentioned above in the thread, too.

R😎

Edited by reids

4 minutes ago, reids said:

Yes. Good catch. Interestingly enough, they’ve been slightly changing their makeup a few times lately (Gene reverting back to early 74 more batwing-like design and Paul modifying his perhaps for a licensing reason / overseas modifications). They did alter lyrics in two songs, as I mentioned above in the thread, too.

R😎

100,000 years I caught. What else? Just watching the Irvine show again. Good stuff! 

Happy New Year Reid

3 hours ago, Walter said:

100,000 years I caught. What else? Just watching the Irvine show again. Good stuff! 

Happy New Year Reid

God of Thunder lyrics changed to “... rob you of your sacred gold” ... & “rob you to your sacred core”

R😎🎆👍