KISS

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Was I seeing things or did Paul and Gene change their makeup slightly? Is that due to a copyright or licensing thing? 

Neither! Haven´t you seen current pictures of Gene and Paul lately? Mr. $$ is getting fatter & poor Paul is getting older.

Btw, I will never accept that the youngsters use the makeup designs of Peter and Ace. They were not able/allowed to create their own masks, so why don´t they use the makeup designs of Mr. Carr & Mr./Mrs. Vincent?

3 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Neither! Haven´t you seen current pictures of Gene and Paul lately? Mr. $$ is getting fatter & poor Paul is getting older.

Btw, I will never accept that the youngsters use the makeup designs of Peter and Ace. They were not able/allowed to create their own masks, so why don´t they use the makeup designs of Mr. Carr & Mr./Mrs. Vincent?

Kiss evolved from being a band to being a brand. The four "original" designs are used because they are the most iconic and a direct connection to the band's golden years. 

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Kiss evolved from being a band to being a brand. The four "original" designs are used because they are the most iconic and a direct connection to the band's golden years. 

Exactly 😎👍

R😎

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Yikes. That was horrible. First, it’s plagiarism (stealing note for note the first 30 to 40 seconds of a super famous classical piece used in weddings; I believe “Canon in D” from Pachelbel). Second, we already have a Maroon Five (this cover) & a Train doing the same things (“borrowing” the melodies from “Heart & Soul” recently and other standards to repurpose/dumbing down for a nursery rhyme spoon fed culture. Third, I’m really disappointed that Evan Stanley (actually a better guitarist than his dad would sell out to this Justin Bieber mindset his first time out of the gate as a solo artist (after his pop/rock band, the dives, failed to make any dent on previous kiss cruises nor on radio). Maybe Paul can use some of his free covid time promoting / encouraging Evan to get back into guitar - blues based music than spouting diarrhea on Twitter. Unfollowed him yesterday. 

R😎

Edited by reids

Love Motown as well as Stax. 
However, Paul Stanley’s Soul Station are set to release a new album of Motown covers in March 2021.  He simply can’t sing anymore and  shouldn’t be doing / releasing Motown music (covers), as it’s a disservice to the quality of the original material. The backing band (Including Eric Singer - KISS drummer) play well, but he just can’t deliver quality vocals in the studio or even live anymore. He’s saturated in autotune.  There’s YouTube videos of half a dozen tracks or so where he’s squealing like a mouse trying to get a note out or trying to sing in falsetto. Just sad to see someone who used to sing so powerfully up until the early 2000’s (2003/2004) until he “overused” his gift continuing to tour hundreds of concerts per year for the last 15+ years. KISS should have retired from touring in 2000 with the original four members as they originally said. As a KISS fan, it’s sad to see Paul up there lip syncing to pre-taped vocals to more than 50% of his parts while the “band”/brand still charge outrageous sums for their diehards.  I’m glad I saw the entire Dubai New Year’s Eve show for FREE on YouTube that day, as it wasn’t worth $49+ they were charging to play the exact same set they’ve been playing for a year and a half (to click tracks - for his vocals to be synced to pre-recorded vocals as / if needed at any time) prior to covid. Hopefully, KISS’ last concert was the Dubai show, as there’s no crowd to feed off of and the banter from Paul didn’t work. Maybe, creative editing of the show with fake / enhanced crowd noise like w/ the Alive albums can salvage it on blu ray release in late 2021 or early 2022. If they did one last show adding Peter, Ace & Bruce together, maybe.  To partially quote Gene Simmons, maybe KISS is dead (not rock n roll). 

R😎

Edited by reids

• 2 weeks later...

Great combination of amateur and professional video in this version. Unbelievable night with Alice In Chains opening, at Tiger Stadium. Saw the original Smashing Pumpkins line up the next night with Garbage opening. Epic weekend. 

I gotta believe SAJ was at this historic show. I’ll have to find my backstage pass and post it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...