Line6 Bass Pod XT Live

Ronniedawg

Picked one up the other day, and have just started to play around with it.

First/foremost: I'm not to much into affects but purchased this unit so I could dial in my sound using the various amp/head configurations, for recording and live applications (great DI features as well). So far, so good.....set my amp/head configuration (ampeg and/or 360 set-up), a bit of compression set, some Distortion and Octave Fuzz (when required) through the "stomp" feature - adding various stuff to when my guitar player goes off on a lead - soundin fat through my GK 250w head, and Hartke 410 cabinet.

I recommend one of these units for any bass player - you'll use something and you always got various stuff to play with later on.

Pics forthcoming!

Footnote: My guitar player will have to get his Marshall's up from California post haste cos I'm gonna blow him outta the water next rehearsal :)

Footnote: My guitar player will have to get his Marshall's up from California post haste cos I'm gonna blow him outta the water next rehearsal :)

Hi, Ronniedawg! Wow, you must be good!. Coz a guitar player's difficult to upstage, usually. Hey, you a fan of the late great James Jamerson, of The Funk Brothers? I saw a great DVD, that the husband recommended entitled, Standing In The Shadows Of Motown. It's generally about unsung heroes in the session musician world of Motown. Well, anyways, Jamerson was GREAT!!! Think of (I'm sure you already have) the bass lines for "Ain't No Mountain High ENough (The Marvin & Tammi version), Four Tops' "Bernadette", Seven Rooms Of Gloom, etc.

Hey, enjoy your new gear! I'm sure you'll blow everyone's mind @ your next gig! "Break a leg"! :thumbsup:

Joan Osborne version of "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted", brings a tear to my eye everytime!

Hey, excellent! Must hear it one day. I do like Osborne. Was Jamerson the bass player in that version, too? Cuz he was the bassist in the Jimmy Ruffin version. :beer:

I believe so and I know Bob Babbitt plays on the Osborne version - search YouTube for this version, amazing.

http://www.bobbabbitt.com/

Hey, thanks, Ronniedawg! Bob Babbitt took Jamerson's place in the Funk Brothers' illustrious lineup! He seems to be an unassuming guy who knew that these were big shoes to fill. But, he surely came into his own though! Holy moly.

Didn't view your link yet, but will do now...(I have a feeling it's also in the DVD Standing In The Shadows Of Motown). Osborne was in that DVD as well. I'll view it now, brb...;)

Okay, saw your link Ronniedawg. Hey, I didn't know that that was Babbitt in "Innercity Blues"! Wow. Always loved that song! (Makes me wanna holler, throw up both my hands.) :)

Archived