Is Four Sticks performed with 4 sticks

McSeven

Did Bonzo actually use four drum sticks to perform the song? If so, it changes my perspective of the song.

I saw a youtube drum clinic, and the guy used four sticks to play 4 sticks.

Mc7

Yes, I was wondering the same thing all along! Okay, thanks for clearing it up for me, everyone! :) Love that song with its several movements! ;)

I believe this might be one of the most under appreciated tracks that they have. Not to all...but to a lot of Zep fans that i talk to. Either way......wonderful song.

I agree, I just think it's an incredibly successful 'experiment' from Zep. This is the kind of thing that really puts them in another league, to me.

And as a drummer I can assure you, it's difficult to play with two sticks, let alone four!

I agree, I just think it's an incredibly successful 'experiment' from Zep. This is the kind of thing that really puts them in another league, to me.

And as a drummer I can assure you, it's difficult to play with two sticks, let alone four!

Awe-inspiring. Yet another testament to his virtuosic gift.

And yes, Blackdog, maybe this under appreciation will change once more people view it LIVE on the No Quarter DVD. It's really great fun to watch, as they move into the waltz-y movement...the cymbals crashing, etc. Very rhapsodic, to me. Can't help but move your head back n forth, in your element. :)

Edited by Fan_S.

• 2 weeks later...

And if you can get ahold of them (Empress Valley Lost Sessions Vol. 2 Bombay Magic), they recorded several takes, along with Friends, with the Bombay Symphony in 1972. Hypnotic!

Edited by Evster2012