What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Bloody hell, indeed.

I've been so wrapped up in the recent Spaghetti Western retrospective and other shows and work and shit, that I completely lost track of certain dates and events and, to my horror, have now discovered I missed three concerts I wanted to see in the past couple of weeks: Redd Kross @ the Roxy, Andrew Bird and Sharon Van Etten @ the Greek, and Sigur Rós @ the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The Sigur Rós is the real killer, as I have never missed a show they've played in L.A. Damn damn damn.

Why the fk doesn't anyone make a decent Led Zeppelin shirt. I can't get myself to walk around in a shirt with a GIANT Icarus on it or a concert tee with full front 9-coulour graphic and a list of 80 stadiums in the back.

I like Led Zeppelin just as much as the next person, but I don't need people passing me in the streets thinking I just crawled out of my parents' basement after smoking a huge left'ander.

Something simple would be nice from time to time. <_<

Why the fk doesn't anyone make a decent Led Zeppelin shirt. I can't get myself to walk around in a shirt with a GIANT Icarus on it or a concert tee with full front 9-coulour graphic and a list of 80 stadiums in the back.

I like Led Zeppelin just as much as the next person, but I don't need people passing me in the streets thinking I just crawled out of my parents' basement after smoking a huge left'ander.

Something simple would be nice from time to time. <_<

LOL! I know what you mean. I have a few LZ shirts & they have heavy prints on them. Not to mention they are all black. I like them but, I really only wear them when the weather is cool. And yah, sometimes a simple shirt can get the point across.

What has made me unhappy today? It has rained off and on today and I have been affected by the weather. I have not been very active and I have been snacking on different types of baked chips. I even had a slice of cake for breakfast. I will have to work hard at the gym this week...or buy bigger clothes. :o

Mrs CP has taken herself up north to Kilt wearing land until Thursday. Her usual work trip. Leaving myself to reflect on another dreary summer weekend where we played a beautiful golf course in the rain on Sunday. Personally I had a shocker, but wifey showed me how to hit a straight ball and started and finished with the same ball. Oh well with the bank holiday looming next Monday, the storm clouds will gather and unleash another 3 inches of water, rendering the last holiday of the summer redundant.

I'm sure it'll be funnier once the parents stop calling my parents asking about me and my "addiction". I don't know what jackass spread this rumor, but he did it pretty well. Now my parents are wondering if I'm taking drugs. And that's the last thing I need.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear that slave...and no chance of reschedule? :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you get some good news from Jason and the band soon. :console: Missy

thanks missy

the jblze website has it listed as cancelled, and the email said cancelled too.

still no explaination as to why .....

However, even within the darkest cloud, a silver lining often lurks...and my silver lining was a nice little baggie of skunk, which my client gave me as a thank-you. So, a totally wasted day after all, lol

I was thinking ...... wtf .... why would you be excited about a bag of stinky skunk?!! .... but then it dawned on me :rolleyes::lol:

I lost an old mate to pancreatic cancer today.

just got an email telling me that the jason bonham led zeppelin experience concert that i had tickets to is cancelled. not postponed, cancelled. i am really upset right now ... :boohoo::depressed::thumbdown::(

Sorry to hear that Slave, although I suppose it wasn't unexpected after the cancellation of the other 2 concerts. What makes it even worse, is you've probably already booked and prepaid for accommodation, which might be non refundable .... plus the weekend was going to be a special anniversary treat for you and your husband.

Sorry to hear that Slave, although I suppose it wasn't unexpected after the cancellation of the other 2 concerts. What makes it even worse, is you've probably already booked and prepaid for accommodation, which might be non refundable .... plus the weekend was going to be a special anniversary treat for you and your husband.

thanks jangles

well, we hadn't booked a motel yet. when we heard about the rumour we held off.

now we are going to go to wollongong to see america perform.

now we are going to go to wollongong to see america perform.

Slave, sorry about the cancellation of JBLZE, know how much you were looking forward to it. :(

But that's great news about America. I remember so many great songs from America in the 1970's.

I hope you will post back on how the show goes and if they play their oldies like this classic. Have a wonderful time! :) Missy