What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Grrrrr. I took the time out to write to my Senators and congressman to state my opposition to the "public option" stating that I strongly oppose it and see it as a step on the way to "single payer" and the take over of health care by the federal government. The first response I got was from one of our dipshit senators (Russ Feingold) that starts out "Thank you for contacting me regarding a single payer health care system. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me, and I share your support for a single-payer system." WTF!!!!! Do they even bother reading letters from their constituents? Why bother?

I don't know.... there were over 400 in my HS graduating class....

Our 10 year Reunion took place in big Hotel Ballroom, as the HS gym would have been a little crowded with the alums and their wives...

Funny thing about the 10 yr reunion.... the assholes of the school... were still very much so.

It was the 20 yr reunion that showed who these people really were.... by looks and by attitude.... The class joker was now an uptight investment banker.... That ahole was just working the HS "system" because he could.... I know God's just, because he had kids, who became teens one day, and you see.... there's the payback... !!!! God's not in a hurry in squaring things off .... He's got All of the Time in the World !!

I was on the 10 year reunion committe of my high school's reunion.

It was this July.

We had it a combination of places: first at the actual school, second at a park (a picnic for families), the third at a hotel banquet room, and the last back at the school again.

We had 500 graduates in my class. Only about 90 signed up to go! :o

The Dragons Of Darkness web site will more than likely come to a close before long at all. It's been tons of fun, but became pretty much a task I cannot do any longer simply because I've better things to do. I have mulled this over and will mull a bit more.

However.

I can say it's been one of the most interesting journey's ever.

And everyone here over under sideways down just as humans tend to be.

That was supposed to be the thank you sign. But hey what the heck.

You will see me about the world doing other things. I know I've said this before but it's just gonna be hard to shut it down...

Time moves on.

Kindest regards,

Mary Hartman

Edited by Mary Hartman

Rotten trash. I think the trash boys went on strike or something.....and it's getting pretty deep. Engineering students are working on a plan to build a butt ugly pool on top of it with an automatic banana slide off the top. I think one is lost inside, however I will check later to see if this is how the term dipster dipping was coined.

Oh well, back to square one.

I'd just like to offer a bit of advice, if I might. If the accelerator in your car gets stuck, TURN OFF THE KEY!!! And don't bother calling 911, because apparently they don't know about obvious stuff like that. <_<

3 or 4 people just got killed because their accelerator got stuck while they were driving on a freeway here in SD county, and that particular freeway just ends when you get to its northernmost point. You can turn right or left onto another street, but there is nothing but dirt straight ahead. They knew the pedal was stuck, but I guess they didn't think about turning off the engine or putting on the emergency brake, so they called 911 for help. Apparently 911 didn't think of it either and told them they were SOL, because 2 minutes later they crashed at the end of the freeway. My thoughts are with their family. :(

I just thought I should tell you guys that in case you're ever in that situation, since evidently 911 wouldn't tell you. I can see how, if you were in a panic, you wouldn't exactly be thinking straight, but I CANNOT BELIEVE that 911 didn't think of something.

My first session at the Dentist for Root Canal. sad.gif

One more to go, this time next week!

yeow! that sounds painful. i've never had it done, but it sounds painful!

i am in some pain at the moment ..... i went to have some skin spots checked for cancer. i got some frozen ( just in case. the doc said they looked ok but he froze them anyway ) and i got a mole removed surgically. it was on the side of my nose. it looked ugly, so even if it wasn't cancerous, i am glad to have it gone. but i had to get 4 stitches and they stay in for a week. after the anaesthetic wore off ...... ouch! it is still hurting tonight. :(

Ouch! Sorry STZ!! :console:

What made me unhappy? I didn't wake up. I didn't wake up because I never went to sleep. Oh, I lay there awhile. But nope. Insomnia fucking sucks!!!

thanks ev! :)

insomnia is the absolute pits. i have it to some degree at least a few times a week. about a year ago i was really bad, just getting 2 or 3 hours a night and having to go to work .... not good. i tried everything, even herbal stuff that wasn't supposed to make you feel washed out the next day. but it still did with me. i still only sleep about 6 hours on a good night. i know that is enough for some people, but i seem to feel tired after 6. i wish i had an answer for you. :(

Bring headphones and some great music and make them give you the funny gas...can actually make going to the dentist a different experience:-)

Is there a way to make the dentist give you the gas? Mine has the bottle right there next to chair, but just laughs when I inquire about it.

Is there a way to make the dentist give you the gas? Mine has the bottle right there next to chair, but just laughs when I inquire about it.

Now that's painful!

Sounds like he's been on the mask!

Edited by Reggie29

Now that's painful!

Sounds like he's been on the mask!

He's quite a chatterbox, which my wife claims is a good distraction from the dental work. But he's always asking what I think about this or that? I think my mouth's swollen and crammed with hands, needles, suction tubes, and a freakin' drill - knock me out with something and shut the fuck up!

Insurance doesn't usually cover it, but for me it's worth the cost not to feel the pain!!! i just made my Dentist aware that if he is doing anything I must have it;-)

Insurance doesn't usually cover it, but for me it's worth the cost not to feel the pain!!! i just made my Dentist aware that if he is doing anything I must have it;-)

Seriously - did you demand it, or just ask nicely? I don't have insurance, and usually get slammed for several hundred bucks each visit. I don't see why I have to be in such discomfort and listen to this guy whoop it up the whole time. Worst part is, I'm stuck with him because my wife's whole family has been going to him for decades. Maybe he'll retire, or OD on the gas soon...