What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

MH and Ally, I'm sorry to hear about both things.

I got some bad news about a family member's business today. I'm not going to post what it is, but it seems that their business may be in danger because of the stupidity of one of the part-owners who isn't my uncle. I'm quite upset by this--my uncle's company has been his life's work. He started it with said part-owner when he was 25 and it's been in business for 20 years.

I hope it can pull through. :(

The day is young. Let us know that in times of trial and hardship our true friends will reveal themselves. The fair weather pals will run off or leave you gasping too be revived because their hearts and minds are all which matters.

Manderlyh sorry to hear about the family member...and Ally's neighbor.

Love will tighten the threads which bind.

MH and Ally, I'm sorry to hear about both things.

I got some bad news about a family member's business today. I'm not going to post what it is, but it seems that their business may be in danger because of the stupidity of one of the part-owners who isn't my uncle. I'm quite upset by this--my uncle's company has been his life's work. He started it with said part-owner when he was 25 and it's been in business for 20 years.

I hope it can pull through. :(

That really sucks Mandy. Watching a buisness go down is never a pretty sight but watching it happen to someone you know is even worse. I sincerely hope that the situation works itself out.

...so just hours after I posted about how short life is on the Patrick Swayze thread, I find out that a co-worker passed away suddenly Sunday evening. Blech! We worked together for 3 years, and were becoming really good friends. She was just one of those ppl who never passed judgment, ya know? Had this understanding. We all spent the day consoling each other, and trying to figure out how to tell her clients. That's the hard part, telling people.

oh hell, I've gone on too long. Be at peace, my friend. :'(

Hi Virginia, sorry to hear about this. Do you think it could be a sinus headache? Have you tried medicine that didn't work? If so, you might want to see a doctor. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks; I get these occasionally when the barometric pressure changes and the pollen count is high :( Advil and a decongestant takes the edge off, but they usually last a few days. I'm also taking Claritin/Flonase and have one of those yucky netti pots.

Hi Virginia,

I had one of those three day headaches in July. I thought that it was a migraine, which I occassionally get, but my migraine medication did not help the headache as it usually does.

It turned out that I had a viral infection, probably the flu, maybe the swine flu, as I later developed extreme body aches and a fever. Nothing would relieve the headache.

You could possibly have the flu.

Hope that you feel better soon. Nothing is worse, in my opinion, than a severe headache. It makes me non-functional.

Every 3 to 4 years I have an allergic reaction to something (not a clue what it is) that makes me break out in a sever rash on my face, neck and chest. That time is come since I am suppose to go on a trip to Pismo Beach for the weekend. No beach for me as the sun or any heat irritates it. I'll be looking like the Pillbury Dough Boy with a sunburn. Ugggggg!

My friend totally flaked on me today.

She said she's come over for coffee and breakfast at nine this morning, but then she texted me at 7:40 and said that she needed to wait for her attorney to call her, (she's dealing with trying to renew her work visa).

At 11, she was STILL waiting..and now I've given up.

She's got a cell phone, I don't know why she can't just come over and have coffee while she waits for him. <_<

my car started spraying water out over the bonnet while driving today .... end result, new radiator, $520 :( . sure didn't need that to happen, but the good thing is it didn't happen while i was on my holiday in a few weeks time. i will be driving quite a distance, so i am glad it happened now, and not in the middle of my trip. :)

my car started spraying water out over the bonnet while driving today .... end result, new radiator, $520 :( . sure didn't need that to happen, but the good thing is it didn't happen while i was on my holiday in a few weeks time. i will be driving quite a distance, so i am glad it happened now, and not in the middle of my trip. :)

I sure know what you mean. It's never a good time to have to put out a large sum of money for something unexpected. But, as you said, good it happened before your trip, and certainly not during. Have a great vacation, slave to zep! Be safe!

I'll have coffee with you. Is there an airport in that state, chuckles?

There are several, thanks. One within fifteen minutes of here.

It hit the news yesterday(?) that our airport is going to be a stopover for the Olympics in Vancouver. Interesting.

Yuck. Car repairs suck. I hope to GOD that nothing goes wrong on my car (knocks on wood) until I get a fat paycheck again. I've spent a lot of money on my friend's wedding that's taking place Saturday. It's a small wedding, and I can't believe how much it's cost me to be a bridesmaid!

There are several, thanks. One within fifteen minutes of here.

It hit the news yesterday(?) that our airport is going to be a stopover for the Olympics in Vancouver. Interesting.

Oh cool. I owe you a coffee or a beer then. I think we have a few here from there.

Hey, that's what I need a coffee....I just had the most gorgeous onion and garlic bagel.

Get gone vampires, rawrrrrr.

givingtongue.gif