What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Nick Ashford, one of Motown's greatest songwriters died today of throat cancer. With his wife, Valerie, he wrote songs for so many people like Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan (who said Bonzo was her favorite drummer) Some of the songs he wrote were Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand and I'm Every Woman. He was a great talent.

Got the living room gas fire serviced this morning. The gas engineer said the fire was past it's best. So its goimg to cost me £600 to get anew one...The missus wants a new hearth and mantle...So with the one we chose the total cost is going to be nearer £1400 with fitting labour.....So no treating myself for a while... :(:(:angry:

Edited by johnthomasmoby

lost a very very very dear friend......who.........upon learning he had cancer

took his own life

some people are just too good for us on this wretched planet

i only wish i could believe he is somewhere better

:(

I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, have lost loved ones to suicide.

I'm going to let you in on a dirty little secret most of 'us' won't share (with the general public). Some cancers, or diseases for that matter, just ain't worth fighting. I have a deep respect and understanding for those who have the courage to live and die on their own terms.

Peace.

↑Hope you feel better, soon.

Nick Ashford, one of Motown's greatest songwriters died today of throat cancer. With his wife, Valerie, he wrote songs for so many people like Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan (who said Bonzo was her favorite drummer) Some of the songs he wrote were Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand and I'm Every Woman. He was a great talent.

I'm a little late with this post, so here goes→May Mr. Nick Ashford rest in peace. Condolences to his grieving wife, Valerie. :( THis songwriting duo has always been one of my favorites.

Edited by Fan_S.

Had a 4 day trip to L.A planned at the end of the month that I was really excited about and REALLY needed. But now due to reasons beyond my control, it looks like my plans are cancelled. :angry::(

Awwww...and I had the city all spruced up for your arrival. :(

I stepped on a dead baby rabbit. Made me very sad, plus it stank.

Yuk!

I turned down tickets to the Ohio State vs. Akron football game today because it is so hot out and I would be sick from the heat. It is pushing 100 degrees outside. It has been so dry and hot this summer, and I don't like it. My oldest son's roomate's brother plays for Akron and he is having a great game. I would have loved to see him in person play in Ohio Stadium. He also played on the same high school football team with my sons. He was/is a great player but because their high school was so small, none of the really big colleges recruited him.

Not being able to eat breakfast due to a doctor's appt that requires that I fast so that blood work be done. The appt is at 10:30 so my first meal will be lunch which is not too bad but I can't drink coffee and I have 4 cups every morning. angry.gif I hope I don't have road rage en route to the doctor's office. dry.gif

Not being able to eat breakfast due to a doctor's appt that requires that I fast so that blood work be done. The appt is at 10:30 so my first meal will be lunch which is not too bad but I can't drink coffee and I have 4 cups every morning. angry.gif I hope I don't have road rage en route to the doctor's office. dry.gif

Waking up without coffee is truly a crime, hope you will have a better day after the appointment.

hope your tests went well! :)

coffee actually puts me to sleep. i drink tea all day and a coffee at night.

i know, weird huh? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

A stupid mistake by someone I know just broke off the biggest top of my weed plant before it was fully ripe.

Damnfuckshitgrrrrmmmbll.

I feel your pain.

Not a good week for me so far. Laid off from work and two packages I sent to different people haven't arrived and it's been nearly two weeks since I sent them. Thanks USPS!

Thankfully, there was the LOW concert last night to raise my spirits. :)

Edited by Strider

I feel your pain.

Not a good week for me so far. Laid off from work and two packages I sent to different people haven't arrived and it's been nearly two weeks since I sent them. Thanks USPS!

Oh dear; I'm so sorry :(

I feel your pain.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. :(

Res, it will be okay. hippy.gif Luckily those things tend to grow back.tongue.gif

Strider, console.gif

As for me, our two young cats, who are 6 months old, discovered this morning that they can get to the top of the chest of drawers in my son's room and I discovered that they knocked over the hamster cage onto the floor. I still have not found that little guy and I have looked everywhere. Hopefully he is hiding in a corner, waiting for food and a therapist.

As for me, our two young cats, who are 6 months old, discovered this morning that they can get to the top of the chest of drawers in my son's room and I discovered that they knocked over the hamster cage onto the floor. I still have not found that little guy and I have looked everywhere. Hopefully he is hiding in a corner, waiting for food and a therapist.

Hamsters are the world champions of hide-and-seek. I hope you find him!

Today's gripe for me is that the eczema I get when I'm stressed has erupted on my face. Oh joy of joys. dry.gif

Hamsters are the world champions of hide-and-seek. I hope you find him!

Today's gripe for me is that the eczema I get when I'm stressed has erupted on my face. Oh joy of joys. dry.gif

Thank you! We found him or should I say, our young cat, Calvin, found him. Poor Steve the hamster was hiding in a pile of toys in my son's room but didn't realize he would be the toy. Calvin probably thought he hit the jackpot with such a fast and fun new toy. Luckily, Steve was unharmed and in his cage that is currently on top of bookcase that Calvin can't get to...yet.

I am sorry about your eczema Leah. console.gifDo you take prescription meds for it?