What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Still SAD :(

i don't mean to come off as "preachy " or anything, i really don't.

but i wonder, have you ever considered that the amount of dope you smoke has caused this? going by the amount you talk about smoking on here, it seems excessive to me.

as far as weather goes, i can't for the life of me understand why a rainy day is always talked about as a bad day. i LOVE rainy days, and also cool, grey days. maybe because the summer is so hot here? but i am in the minority here as well, so .....?

hope you feel better soon, chillumpuffer :)

i don't mean to come off as "preachy " or anything, i really don't.

but i wonder, have you ever considered that the amount of dope you smoke has caused this? going by the amount you talk about smoking on here, it seems excessive to me.

as far as weather goes, i can't for the life of me understand why a rainy day is always talked about as a bad day. i LOVE rainy days, and also cool, grey days. maybe because the summer is so hot here? but i am in the minority here as well, so .....?

hope you feel better soon, chillumpuffer :)

Thanks Slave. But I only smoke at the weekends and to be honest it is only 2 joints max. I do not think that is excessive do you? Considering that apart from wine it is my only vice. I don't drink coffee or fizzy drinks, I cook my food from fresh and never have take away shite.

I don't know if you have ever lived in the UK in the winter? Think Grey and drizzly and cold. The sun rises ( if we ever see it) @ 8.30 and sets @ 4. I have lived in OZ twice in your summer and yes it was brutally hot, but hey at least you get to see the golden ball. I can safely say that the sun has not been visible at all this year yet.

So many thanks for your wishes Slave and I do feel better today - marginally.

Thanks Ally and LZG

Thanks Slave. But I only smoke at the weekends and to be honest it is only 2 joints max. I do not think that is excessive do you? Considering that apart from wine it is my only vice. I don't drink coffee or fizzy drinks, I cook my food from fresh and never have take away shite.

I don't know if you have ever lived in the UK in the winter? Think Grey and drizzly and cold. The sun rises ( if we ever see it) @ 8.30 and sets @ 4. I have lived in OZ twice in your summer and yes it was brutally hot, but hey at least you get to see the golden ball. I can safely say that the sun has not been visible at all this year yet.

Thanks Ally and LZG

oh i am sorry, i thought you were smoking much more than that, it seems that way as you do talk about it a lot.

we are in for a few days of heat, 40 c + for a few days. i hate it.

glad you are feeling better!

Thanks Ally and LZG

You're welcome.

The package I was supposed to get in the mail today didn't arrive. I asked the mailman about it & he said he didn't have it and I can't get anybody on the phone at the post office, so either it's lost or I got to wait 'til Monday to get it. Fucking US mail.

:mad:

Edited by paul carruthers

My elderly Aunt has been taken into Hospital with Pneumonia....

My Stupid Alcoholic Brother has started Drinking again after being Dry for 10 weeks.Even after the Hospital have told him he will Die,if he continues to Drink..

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fool in the Rain...pneumonia can be difficult in the elderly. :(

I was having a conversation over New Years with a Registered Nurse about alcohol abuse. There is no substitute for alcohol that allows the body to adjust to not drinking. You know, like suboxone, methadone, etc.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fool in the Rain...pneumonia can be difficult in the elderly. :(

I was having a conversation over New Years with a Registered Nurse about alcohol abuse. There is no substitute for alcohol that allows the body to adjust to not drinking. You know, like suboxone, methadone, etc.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks 'Planted' with my Aunt being 87 the out look is not good, but there is always hope..

Sadly I had another Brother who Died because of Alcohol, he got into a fight whilst Drunk and the end result was he ended up being Beaten to Death.

This one who was trying to beat this Demon now, has already got Liver and Kidney Damage and suffers with Blackouts.

Thanks 'Planted' with my Aunt being 87 the out look is not good, but there is always hope..

Sadly I had another Brother who Died because of Alcohol, he got into a fight whilst Drunk and the end result was he ended up being Beaten to Death.

This one who was trying to beat this Demon now, has already got Liver and Kidney Damage and suffers with Blackouts.

Please, call me Kris.

Yeah, 87 is a fragile age, but you're right, there is always hope.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease, and yes, I believe it to be so.

My best to you. It must be very difficult for your family.

I am sorry Kate. My thoughts are with your aunt and brother. My mom has had her struggles with alcohol the past few decades. Her psychiatrist put her on a medicine that blocks the receptors in her brain that triggers the cravings. So far, so good. She has been on it for a couple of months.