What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The media never helps. I feel so bad for his family, they have to turn on the tv, go to the grocery store, Wal Mart, get on the internet and see all this bashing to someone that they loved dearly.

What are you watching? I've had the TV on all day and haven't seen anything negative at all.

As I see it, death is always a loss. It's not like he was strapped in the electric chair for crimes. Some folks seem to forget that this guy was perhaps the most beloved living entertainer on the planet. His fans could possibly number in the billions. There are probably people in mudhuts in the rainforest crying today.

Dude, in recent years he was not the most beloved living entertainer on the planet. Back in his prime but not in recent years.

Dude, in recent years he was not the most beloved living entertainer on the planet. Back in his prime but not in recent years.

Spats, that is so immature of you. He just died, can you try and be just a little bit respectful?

Spats, that is so immature of you. He just died, can you try and be just a little bit respectful?

I am not disrespecting him. I am just stating how public opinion has been ever since the allegations started.

I am allowed my opinion on it.

I am not disrespecting him. I am just stating how public opinion has been ever since the allegations started.

I am allowed my opinion on it.

Yes, but your opinion follows on from yesterday when you called him the 'biggest loser in showbiz history'.

And you sure as shit weren't praising him then.

Yes, but your opinion follows on from yesterday when you called him the 'biggest loser in showbiz history'.

And you sure as shit weren't praising him then.

I wasn't calling him that myself. I was saying that's how he has been viewed for a few years now. He has been one of the most joked about stars ever through his actions.

before his death you would be hard pressed to find good things said about him. I am not making this up.

Wrong. Maybe not in your small corner of the planet.

I think the global reaction speaks for itself. Perhaps the media pushed him off the entertainment radar in America in recent years, but on a global scale? Not. I hate to say it, but sometimes America's illusion that whatever we believe is how it is everywhere is embarrassing. Guess what, a million fans in Indonesia, India, the UK, Russia, China, um...everywhere else essentially, didn't get the memo. The lesson here is, think global or get left behind. Take off the blinders "dude".

Well his image took a huge hit to say the least in the United States at least. You sure know how to put down a brew dude! To say he was the biggest of all time though is not fair. You have Elvis, Sinatra, The Beatles and this band called Led Zeppelin. True they all appeal to a different audience to some extent, but all huge just like MJ.

I never said he was the biggest of all time. I said he was probably the most recognised LIVING entertainer in modern time. Though who knows anymore? Might be friggin Britney. My point was and is that he is beloved the world over. That cannot be denied. And let's be fair, Spats was trying to deny that. I can see both points, but there are several million people who hadn't filed him away as irrelevant.

Also, Elvis, Sinatra, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin? I'd never diminish their fame. You've basically named my all-time list. However up until a day or so ago, Michael was the only one without a gravestone in his/their career. There's a 10 to 32 year gap to account for.

Wrong. Maybe not in your small corner of the planet.

I think the global reaction speaks for itself. Perhaps the media pushed him off the entertainment radar in America in recent years, but on a global scale? Not. I hate to say it, but sometimes America's illusion that whatever we believe is how it is everywhere is embarrassing. Guess what, a million fans in Indonesia, India, the UK, Russia, China, um...everywhere else essentially, didn't get the memo. The lesson here is, think global or get left behind. Take off the blinders "dude".

Well, I would say that it was pretty similar on a global scale.

Saying that, however, I should also add that it hasn't prevented our neighbour (who normally listens to hip hop) from playing his records since Friday...

I agree with everyone who says that calling him a loser these days is very disrespectful. It's also downright ignorant. The man has been a huge influence for musicians all over the world, and neither his personal faults nor his numerous plastic surgeries would EVER change it.

Dare I ask who is the most beloved living entertainer on the planet? Clearly you have me over a barrel. And "dude", my post stated perhaps the most beloved living entertainer on the planet. I wasn't speaking in absolutes. You're speaking of things that cannot really be measured. As with Elvis or the Beatles, his has been an indelible imprint on the world. You cannot erase that over a career slump. Your attempts to relegate him to insignificance are both futile and unkind.

I am not up to date on my phobia'a. What is that one?

Fear of being outside of your comfortable space. Anxiety and/or panic often brought on by being in public places.

Hah, Nine beat me to it! :lol:

Edited by Evster2012

I had a fight with someone. It's not the fight that made me unhappy (obviously, it's a factor), but what caused it. I was just so angry that I started shaking. I still am.

:(

:console: I'm sorry to hear that. It's very upsetting to end up that upset. Wishing things to be better for you soon. If you need to talk, let me know.

:console: I'm sorry to hear that. It's very upsetting to end up that upset. Wishing things to be better for you soon. If you need to talk, let me know.

Aww, thank you, Nine. You're such a sweetheart. :kiss:

Right now, I'm calming down. I'll probably try and sort it out soon, but it's never wise to try and do so whilst I'm still pissed off. When I'm that mad I get all emotional.

Aww, thank you, Nine. You're such a sweetheart. :kiss:

Right now, I'm calming down. I'll probably try and sort it out soon, but it's never wise to try and do so whilst I'm still pissed off. When I'm that mad I get all emotional.

The offer stands any time ;)

I think it's definitely wise to calm down and think the situation over before approaching the person. No good will come of things if you're worked up and try to solve it. Wishing you all the best.