What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Remembering those fateful events in the US on 9/11.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

"...Relatives of the September 11 victims gathered at ground zero in New York City today to commemorate the 12th anniversary of the attack that killed almost 3,000 people. At 8:46 a.m. a moment of silence was observed to mark when the first plane hit the twin towers on a clear, sunny day in 2001. Amongst those who attended to show their respect was Mija Quigley of Princeton Junction, New Jersey, who embraced the name of her son Patrick Quigley who died on 9/11, main image, and Carrie Bergonia, bottom left, who lost her fiance firefighter Joseph Ogren. In Washington, President Obama marked the 12th anniversary of the attacks with a moment of silence along with the first lady and vice president on the South Lawn of the White House, top right. He also laid a wreath at the Pentagon to mark the moment that Flight 77 hit the building. In Pennsylvania bells were rung and names of passengers and crew members were read at the Flight 93 National Memorial."

Edited by kenog

Funny how you put so much time & emotions in a person you thought you loved, just so they can throw it away!

Now I know why I've been single so long..

Hang in there, Led Zep Girl, I am going through the same thing. I know it sounds cliche', but time does heal the wound. Look at it this way - it's HIS loss, you deserve better!

After 4 years on a remote island, I am finally retiring early. I was leaving on the next available flight next Saturday. Made all my flight and ground reservations last month and just got a call this morning that the flight leaving the island will be delayed by 8 hours. Which means I will miss all connecting flights and ground transportation. I have to re-do them all! :mad:

There was this beautiful neighborhood cat that adopted me about a month ago. I'd feed her everyday and when I'd come home from work at night I'd sit on the front porch and love her. We were becoming so close, she'd even sit in my lap. This morning I woke up and found her dead on the front yard. Apparently some dog came by and murdered her during the night! Poor Sugar, I feel just-fucking-terrible.

There was this beautiful neighborhood cat that adopted me about a month ago. I'd feed her everyday and when I'd come home from work at night I'd sit on the front porch and love her. We were becoming so close, she'd even sit in my lap. This morning I woke up and found her dead on the front yard. Apparently some dog came by and murdered her during the night! Poor Sugar, I feel just-fucking-terrible.

aawww the poor little darling :(

The love and trust of an animal is unconditional, no matter if it's a short period, or over many years. They touch our hearts.

My thoughts are with you.

just terrible, so sorry for you :(

my daughter rescued a cat earlier this year - only to have it get bitten by a snake .... :(

aawww the poor little darling :(

The love and trust of an animal is unconditional, no matter if it's a short period, or over many years. They touch our hearts.

My thoughts are with you.

What you said about them touching our hearts is so true. Thank you, Whoopie Cat.

just terrible, so sorry for you :(

my daughter rescued a cat earlier this year - only to have it get bitten by a snake .... :(

That's terrible too, slave to zep. How very sad.

Maybe you could give an home to a cat from a shelter ?

Get well soon STZ - it's just a pity that this has blighted your holidays. Raid your local pharmacy shop for throat sprays, decongestants etc.

hubby and i took this week off work, as it is school holidays .... and i have been sick with some sort of sore throat/cough/headachy crappy bug! grrrrrrrrrrr