What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

So there's this guy who is really sick and is losing his home because he just can't take care of it anymore. He's in his 50's...

The apartment complex he can afford has a strict 'no pets' policy, which means he can't take his beloved doggie. I almost lost it during our conversation where his wife was explaining this to me, as she was begging for a letter which states this dog is a necessity for her dying husband, and would they please make an exception. Having just put my own precious pup to sleep a little over a week ago, I am prepared to bitch slap anybody in the way of this guy's wish.

Anyone else want to join me?

So there's this guy who is really sick and is losing his home because he just can't take care of it anymore. He's in his 50's...

The apartment complex he can afford has a strict 'no pets' policy, which means he can't take his beloved doggie. I almost lost it during our conversation where his wife was explaining this to me, as she was begging for a letter which states this dog is a necessity for her dying husband, and would they please make an exception. Having just put my own precious pup to sleep a little over a week ago, I am prepared to bitch slap anybody in the way of this guy's wish.

I feel sorry for your client but unless his dog is a service animal, I don't think the apartment complex can be compelled to make an exception for his dog. Does he have other apartment options on backup in case the landlord doesn't budge?

I'm generally a peaceable guy but yeah, I'm with you.

:sos: Here I am, planted. :hunter: Let's hit it - I have been in a horrible mood the last couple of days, so I'm ready to rumble.

I think we all could use some wine. :toast:

finding out that I would have to find a new doctor because of this silly healthcare mess we are in

I feel your pain, kipper. I recently wrote a little post about this very thing. Fine print isn't something the government is good at explaining.

Good luck.

I feel your pain, kipper. I recently wrote a little post about this very thing. Fine print isn't something the government is good at explaining.

Good luck.

Thanks! If I could take my vote for this man back I would. He lied about being able to keep your doctor.

I've got something better than peanut butter...Trader Joe's Cookie Butter. In both crunchy and smooth styles. :drool:

OMG, bring it on!!! ebk and I will be in peanut butter heaven. What wine would you suggest to go with this delicious treat that would make us all so happy? planted will love it, I think.

OMG, bring it on!!! ebk and I will be in peanut butter heaven. What wine would you suggest to go with this delicious treat that would make us all so happy? planted will love it, I think.

I really do need to research this wine-PB pairing. So far, I haven't found a wine that's not overpowered by the PB (not that I haven't tried :) ). But when I finish my extensive research, I will definitely let you know!! :D

I like a Tawny Port, but I realize many people don't like ports or sherries. If that is the case with you, try a Sauternes or a Madeira wine instead.

Some people recommend one of the German whites...a Gewürz or Riesling, but I have never been able to find one that convinces. An Eiswein might work...I've had it with chocolate but haven't tried it with cookie or peanut butter yet.

Speaking of chocolate, I recently acquired a bottle of chocolate wine and am waiting for the right opportunity to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Strider

I like a Tawny Port, but I realize many people don't like ports or sherries. If that is the case with you, try a Sauternes or a Madeira wine instead.

Some people recommend one of the German whites...a Gewürz or Riesling, but I have never been able to find one that convinces. An Eiswein might work...I've had it with chocolate but haven't tried it with cookie or peanut butter yet.

Speaking of chocolate, I recently acquired a bottle of chocolate wine and am waiting for the right opportunity to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I love port and sherry. I love Sandeman "Rainwater." I think that would do fine with our peanut butter and cookie butter treats. Let us know about the chocolate wine. Should be interesting. The Spanish sherries are the very best - almost like drinking brandy.

I finally found out to burn DVD's using Nero and suddenly instead of burning DVD as before , the programme asks me if want to save an image and when click yes it continues as if to burn , even if there's no blank DVD installed , but does not record when disc is installed , if was working ok earlier on

Now the DVD tray won't open

I finally found out to burn DVD's using Nero and suddenly instead of burning DVD as before , the programme asks me if want to save an image and when click yes it continues as if to burn , even if there's no blank DVD installed , but does not record when disc is installed , if was working ok earlier on

You're not having much PC luck lately are you Wes. Take a walk to the top of the nearest hill, take a deep breath and shout at the top of your voice " I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE". People may look at you and think you're weird, but hey fuck'em you are Wesgarlic and what would things be like without the Wesgarlics' of this world.

I think your computer is trying to tell you something.

:hysterical::hysterical:

John, This is the best post I've read in weeks.

You're not having much PC luck lately are you Wes. Take a walk to the top of the nearest hill, take a deep breath and shout at the top of your voice " I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE". People may look at you and think you're weird, but hey fuck'em you are Wesgarlic and what would things be like without the Wesgarlics' of this world.