What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The impending doom that is the clocks going back tomorrow. Goodbye summer and the light, hello the dark. :(

Hello darkness my old friend.....

It doesn't seem that long since we crawled out of the last Winter....and :console2: to you Jules

Edited by SozoZoso

The impending doom that is the clocks going back tomorrow. Goodbye summer and the light, hello the dark. :(

I would rather stay GMT all year long, then in the spring when the clocks go forward we would not lose an hours sleep. I remember back in 69 and 70 we kept BST all year long which meant going to school in the dark, thank fuck that in 71 GMT was brought back so we had lighter mornings.

• 1 month later...

It's bad enough I had to miss the Paisley Underground reunion concert last night at the Fonda ( The Dream Syndicate, Rain Parade, Three O'Clock, and the Bangles) because of work. Now I find out I'll miss Sunday's 100 Flowers reunion as well...100 Flowers being the band that evolved from the Urinals in the early days of the L.A. punk scene.

Responsibility is a bitch sometimes. There was a time when I would have blew off work to go to these shows and taken my chances. But irresponsibility in your 50s is as attractive as spandex.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

Black Hawk Down...for real..

6 US soldiers were killed today in Afghanistan. RIP

FOR WHAT, Mr President?

For what.

Think about the wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and the kids of these heroes getting that knock on the door....:-(

Dag on! What are we even doing over there? Does the President really want opium that badly?
I am sorry for the family of those soldiers for being needlessly put in harm's way.
Thanks for the news planted. :console:I know how you feel. Will check it out and wish the families mercy and peace for their loss, and strength to endure somehow.

We have developed a leak in our bedroom from the roof. Luckily our neighbour is a roofer and has spotted the problem ( a cracked and lost slate). He is busy and maybe can't fix it until the weekend. Bastard really because we have 3 days of rain and strong winds forecast. Can't chill because of it.

Black Hawk Down...for real..

6 US soldiers were killed today in Afghanistan. RIP

FOR WHAT, Mr President?

For what.

Think about the wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and the kids of these heroes getting that knock on the door....:-(

"Why?", indeed. :mad:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/17/world/asia/afghanistan-isaf-crash/?c=&page=0

Working 'til midnight every night...kind of makes life a drag.

I've had to say "NO" to a lot of things this week. No...

Jeff Tweedy

Doug Benson

VUM

Tig Notaro

Miranda Lee Richards

Pere Ubu

Redd Kross/Germs/White Flag

Andrew Bird

:(

That is a Bummer Sean, :console:

work has a Habit of getting in the way of peoples Social live's!!!!