What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Found out that I failed my driving test. I am not ashamed to admit it. But, I'll be lying if I said that I'm not feeling a wee bit blue and annoyed with myself at the moment!! But anyway, I am determined to pick myself up and move on! What got the better of me, was my immense anxiety on the day of the test and constant pressure from my dad to be the perfect driver! I got pretty sick and tired of it and pretty much told him where to get off! Anyway, hopefully things will get better in 2014! I am just determined to make it happen!! :)

Don't worry about it, there is always another time, nobody is "the perfect driver"

Found out that I failed my driving test. I am not ashamed to admit it. But, I'll be lying if I said that I'm not feeling a wee bit blue and annoyed with myself at the moment!! But anyway, I am determined to pick myself up and move on! What got the better of me, was my immense anxiety on the day of the test and constant pressure from my dad to be the perfect driver! I got pretty sick and tired of it and pretty much told him where to get off! Anyway, hopefully things will get better in 2014! I am just determined to make it happen!! :)

Don't beat yourself up about it, and if you don't mind me saying that tell your dad to keep out. Nothing worse than having someone breathing down your neck. Also patience is a virtue, believe me as it took me 10 times to finally pass (though I AM not ashamed to admit it) Just keep trying :)

A tip from me though...wear something red, a lucky chinese colour and it did the trick for me on my final test (I wore a small cherry pendant necklace on the final test)

Fingers crossed for you

Don't beat yourself up about it, and if you don't mind me saying that tell your dad to keep out. Nothing worse than having someone breathing down your neck. Also patience is a virtue, believe me as it took me 10 times to finally pass (though I AM not ashamed to admit it) Just keep trying :)

A tip from me though...wear something red, a lucky chinese colour and it did the trick for me on my final test (I wore a small cherry pendant necklace on the final test)

Fingers crossed for you

Honestly, I don't at all mind you telling me to assert myself and tell my dad to just stay out of it! In fact, it is by far the best thing that I can do at this point! :)

I really admire you trying very hard to master the art of driving and succeeding with flying colours! Honestly, your words have really inspired me! Thank you for that! :)

I have this very 'jazzy' red shirt and yeah, I think I'm going to wear it during my driving test, next time! :)

Don't worry about it, there is always another time, nobody is "the perfect driver"

Absolutely agree! I really wish that some people would understand that expecting someone to be the perfect driver is pretty much idealism at its most absurd! Anyway, I am going to avoid all the mistakes that I made during my first attempt at driving and try to actually enjoy the experience of being at the wheel! :)

Oh honey.. There is no prefect driver, good grief.

My dad was a cop and never expected that from me, luckily.

You will be FINE, I promise.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Your dad sounds like a very reasonable man! I'm determined to make driving my own little pet project and do it on my own terms and have fun along the way! :)

Was your dad with you while you were taking the test, Kiwi? If so, give him the boot the next time you take the exam. Nothing worse than a backseat driver. There should only be two of you in the car when trying to get your driver's license: you and the examiner.

All of the above advice given by everyone is good, too...use it all. Feel confident, visualize yourself passing the test before taking it, and leave pops at home. ;)

My friend's cat had a stroke yesterday. She's devastated.

The Schumacher story is sad, too. All those years risking his life racing cars and then to have it possibly all end due to a skiing accident? How bizarre and tragic.

^^^

Well, keep them both away from me, haha. I just spent a week getting over a cold I got from my family at Christmas.

May both your little ones feel better soon!

+1 It stinks when they are feeling bad and you really can't do much about it! :(