What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 2 months later...

Due to a vile "grass" who told lies about me to the police years ago, the realisation that I will never be able to visit chums in the U.S. has hit home. I have a criminal record, and and as such will not be granted a Visa. I would love to do the wine and golf on the West Coast and golf in Florida. Nope not gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Due to a vile "grass" who told lies about me to the police years ago, the realisation that I will never be able to visit chums in the U.S. has hit home. I have a criminal record, and and as such will not be granted a Visa. I would love to do the wine and golf on the West Coast and golf in Florida. Nope not gonna happen. 

Are you serious? Now that grass is legal they are going to hold some ancient dope charge against you? That is insane. The world is seriously fucked up.

Maybe you can go to Mexico or Canada and then sneak across the border? I hear it is pretty easy to do...so easy that millions do it every year.

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

Are you serious? Now that grass is legal they are going to hold some ancient dope charge against you? That is insane. The world is seriously fucked up.

Maybe you can go to Mexico or Canada and then sneak across the border? I hear it is pretty easy to do...so easy that millions do it every year.

Yes true. I can apply for an ESTA but that won't stop me from being refused. I have been to New York 17 years ago but I lied on my visa waiver form on the plane. Now we have to complete a form which states that I have never been convicted of a drug possession or having used drugs. I could again lie but from what I have read they can and do check and if they catch you it's adios and the next plane back. Now another way is to apply for a VISA but that means a trip to the US Embassy and an interview. It is seriously bollocks. From what I have read it's entirely up to the bloke on the desk on the day. I can't risk it. What makes it more depressing is that we let anyone in here - legally or not

As an aside. I can't even go to Australia either. Same reason. Murderers, Paedophiles, Conservatives no problem. Busted for a couple grams of smoke - NO sorry.

Edited by chillumpuffer

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well damn... that sucks.  I like Sean's idea of Canada...  

Although, this means we can just come over and visit you.  On a purely selfish note, you could make dinner for us.  :) 

4 hours ago, ebk said:

Well damn... that sucks.  I like Sean's idea of Canada...  

Although, this means we can just come over and visit you.  On a purely selfish note, you could make dinner for us.  :) 

I like your problem solving skills! :) 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I have the Flu. I have never felt as bad as this for years. It pains my fingers to type. Staying in bed and sleep all day. :zzz:

Hope you get over it shortly. It’s bad over here. My best to you and Mrs CP! ✌🏼

17 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I have the Flu. I have never felt as bad as this for years. It pains my fingers to type. Staying in bed and sleep all day. :zzz:

Take care of yourself!!  I also got sick this year for the first time in forever.  I guess we should believe them when they say the flu is bad this year... 

When I first heard it was a high school in Florida my heart sank. Then I found out it was a south Florida high school and now 17 are dead. It’s not if but when it’s gonna happen here and it’s someone I know and love. 

Fucking disgusting.

RIP to the innocent deceased.

Edited by Walter

7 hours ago, Walter said:

When I first heard it was a high school in Florida my heart sank. Then I found out it was a south Florida high school and now 17 are dead. It’s not if but when it’s gonna happen here and it’s someone I know and love. 

Fucking disgusting.

RIP to the innocent deceased.

Right with you there chuck. When will people ever learn? How does one go about acquiring guns like this? Appalling

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Right with you there chuck. When will people ever learn? How does one go about acquiring guns like this? Appalling

No idea.

In the first 43 days of 2018 America experienced: 

18 school shootings
29 mass shootings
1,796 total gun deaths
3,099 total injuries

Not to mention all who have been traumatized by being affected either through close proximity or through a relationship with the deceased/injured. 

16 hours ago, Walter said:

No idea.

In the first 43 days of 2018 America experienced: 

18 school shootings
29 mass shootings
1,796 total gun deaths
3,099 total injuries

This 43 day rundown fits your narrative but completely omits the fact there's no universally accepted definition of a mass shooting. The FBI threshold was four, until Barrack Hussein Obama changed it to three in 2013. Some leftist orgs characterize any shooting involving more than two people as a mass shooting. Some consider any shooting on school property to be a school shooting, to include single fatality suicides in the parking lot. Anyway, if we could see this same level of social obsessiveness from you and the like-minded with regard to the out of wedlock birth rate and high school graduation rates we may actually progress as a nation. 

6 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Injury does not have to occur for it to be considered a school shooting, nor does it have to occur during normal school hours (many school activities occur on school grounds after school hours). While I agree that some of these school shootings should not be classed as school shootings, the quote from Sarah Tofte from this article, which is listed below, needs to be given a lot of weight when deciding on this definition.

every time a gun is discharged on school grounds it shatters the sense of safety for students, parents and the community."

Regardless of what the definition of school shooting is........ 1 school shooting is 1 too many!!!! Until the American society and its politicians accept this, then nothing will change in America!!!