What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I'm sorry about your cat; I hope she will be ok :(

Thank you for the kind words, Virginia! I had to leave Tasha overnight at the vet. She was jaundiced and the vet says it's likely a fatty liver disease that is common when cats age. The vet gave her intravenous fluids and did some blood work. Now i have to feed her foods like turkey, milk and even roasted chicken skin to give her some fat. So far, she had a little turkey and some milk. No telling how long she will live since this condition won't reverse and she is over fifteen. My only other option is tube feedings, which is too aggressive at her age, imo. At least she had a great life. I can take comfort in knowing that. :)

I hope you are feeling better and more rested. I know how much you run around with your children, in addition to work and taking care of the family.... you deserve some time for yourself too!

What made me unhappy actually happened yesterday.

Been looking forward to see a specific concert for MONTHS.

Too bad that due to circumstances, traffic jams, a confused driver who refused to take an alternate route and more of that shit we arrived half an hour before the concert ended.

Two hours in a fucking car for nothing.

(combined with the greatest hits tape of Tom Fucking Jones which was the only tape in the car)

Edited by reswati

My sweet cat was really tired and couldn't walk anymore. I took her to the vet to be put to sleep. As i got to the counter to check in she died in my arms. Very sad day.

I am so sorry for your loss-seeing your avitar she was really cute, at least she passed in the arms of someone who loved her and will miss her naturally and peacefully.

I can relate after the passing of my dog, she's up there thinking of you and still loving you, she will never leave you.

Edit: What really helped me was to keep something of hers, like a toy, thinking of the times you had will realise that she had a happy life. And some pics of her too, becuase I know that the first couple of days I would burst into tears remembering Rufus who passed, having her things around will make you stronger.

Edited by Jimmy's A Legend

To the following dear members: LedZep45 and Tangerine:

Led Zepp 45: I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved dog's condition. :console2:

Tangerine: I'm very sorry about your beloved pet cat, Tasha. :console2:

(I lost two pets--cats, a while ago, and I'll never get over it, never. They lived long lives--fifteen years.) :(

Edited by Fan_S.

To the following dear members: Led Zepp 45 and Tangerine:

Led Zepp 45: I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved dog's condition. :console2:

Tangerine: I'm very sorry about your beloved pet cat, Tasha. :console2:

(I lost two pets--cats, a while ago, and I'll never get over it, never. They lived long lives--twelve years.) :(

My thoughts are all with you and your pets, Led Zepp45 and Tangerine.

Wishing you both lots of positive cozmik energy on behalf of me and my family.

Big virtual hug to both of you.

My tour of England and Scottland for August got cancelled by the tour company (Insight) because they didn't have enough reservations to make it worthwhile financially for them to go ahead with it. Blame it on the economy. But they happily took our money for our reservation. No problem getting our money back for the tour (not the airfare), but I took a month researching all the tours that were offered and this one was the best. :(

My travel agent is having a difficult time finding another tour for the dates that we need. Alot of them have been withdrawn due to poor bookings.

We have purchased airline tickets already. Our son, who will be spending 6 weeks at the University of Greenwich, is coming home on August 16 with us. So we are stuck with these dates.

Worse case senario, we will just take day trips out of London. We don't want to drive ourselves in England due to the driving on the other side of the road issues, lol.

My tour of England and Scottland for August got cancelled by the tour company (Insight) because they didn't have enough reservations to make it worthwhile financially for them to go ahead with it. Blame it on the economy. But they happily took our money for our reservation. No problem getting our money back for the tour (not the airfare), but I took a month researching all the tours that were offered and this one was the best. :(

My travel agent is having a difficult time finding another tour for the dates that we need. Alot of them have been withdrawn due to poor bookings.

We have purchased airline tickets already. Our son, who will be spending 6 weeks at the University of Greenwich, is coming home on August 16 with us. So we are stuck with these dates.

Worse case senario, we will just take day trips out of London. We don't want to drive ourselves in England due to the driving on the other side of the road issues, lol.

How frustrating! I know it's really almost impossible for you to get a refund on the plane tickets. It seems all flights are nonrefundable short of an emergency. I think you will be okay doing day trips and such in England without driving and you can probably arrange for day tours once you're there.

Hope it will work out for you!

How frustrating! I know it's really almost impossible for you to get a refund on the plane tickets. It seems all flights are nonrefundable short of an emergency. I think you will be okay doing day trips and such in England without driving and you can probably arrange for day tours once you're there.

Hope it will work out for you!

Thanks, ninelives.

It may be better without the organized tour as we could take a day trip to Paris on the Eurostar.

And we could do more things that we want to do on our own, such as see As You Like It at the Globe Theatre. There would be more time for London, also, and we could take a train to Edinburgh to see the Military Tatoo.

So it won't be so bad if we don't find a tour, just probably will be more expensive.

Thanks, ninelives.

It may be better without the organized tour as we could take a day trip to Paris on the Eurostar.

And we could do more things that we want to do on our own, such as see As You Like It at the Globe Theatre. There would be more time for London, also, and we could take a train to Edinburgh to see the Military Tatoo.

So it won't be so bad if we don't find a tour, just probably will be more expensive.

Absolutely! I'm not a fan of tours personally. I bet if you do some research ahead of time and planning, you'll be able to do these things without it costing too much more. It's nice to have the choice to see things you want to see. And a day trip to Paris sounds tres bien :D

Absolutely! I'm not a fan of tours personally. I bet if you do some research ahead of time and planning, you'll be able to do these things without it costing too much more. It's nice to have the choice to see things you want to see. And a day trip to Paris sounds tres bien :D

Certain moi :)

Certainement!

Buck, that's a pain in the arse having to re-do your plans.

On the plus side, nine's right - there's plenty to do without the aid of a car.

This little bugger may be able to help you out

Linkage

Already, I've just checked that if you went from London to Aberystwyth (Wales) in August by National Express coach, you're looking at an £8 return price. Of course, that's just an example, but it's not a bad price.

Buck, that's a pain in the arse having to re-do your plans.

On the plus side, nine's right - there's plenty to do without the aid of a car.

This little bugger may be able to help you out

Linkage

Already, I've just checked that if you went from London to Aberystwyth (Wales) in August by National Express coach, you're looking at an £8 return price. Of course, that's just an example, but it's not a bad price.

Not at all as I think the exchange rate is better these days.

Didn't think of that! So, it'd be something around $4 for a return coach trip from Wales to central London?

No, more like $16. But coaches are a great and cheap way to get around, and also I would think a EuroRail pass or whatever they're called (the ones you can only buy outside Europe) would be terrific value. I always go by train as much as possible!

No, more like $16. But coaches are a great and cheap way to get around, and also I would think a EuroRail pass or whatever they're called (the ones you can only buy outside Europe) would be terrific value. I always go by train as much as possible!

I'm such an idiot, when I'm in the US I'm always roughly halving USD to make it Sterling - I'd only gone and done that here as well. :bagoverhead: