What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Arrogant people. I've been away from here for a couple of weeks and it's sad to come back and see the overall tone of this board by a few people has become so belligerent. Some people feel their way is the only way and what they contribute matters and no one else unless they're supporting these people counts. They're told that what they post is basically a waste. Discussions have become places to use as personal attacks, rather than just disagreements of viewpoints. I don't get it? I used to like coming here and interacting with the various people - I enjoyed the different personalities (most of them ;) ) and interesting discussions that would ensue. I wish people would think a minute before they post and remember there is nothing to be gained by being mean to others.

Off the soapbox....

People who support dishonesty as a framework for progress. Not meaning anyone in particular.

But!

We all know if you let this list get to you, then you have let people who bother you bother you. If you just blow it off and say the actual truth, even if it hurts.

You can put it behind you very readily.

If you perpetuate dishonesty or feel sorry for someone who is doing so to use you.

Well, you have just bitten into a wormy apple once again.

I think everyone is quite relaxed here. Just that people cannot be expected to act exactly the same. When we do we have fallen pretty deep into the rabbit hole.

I am quite opinionated. But I have a huge heart and I volunteer more time and money than I should really.

As far as falsehoods, they can quite well destroy someone. It has happened on MySpace a bunch of times.

I have the capacity to forgive and forget. But I don't have the capacity to be ran over.

Opening a new soapbox.

Pb will be quite fine....

What the heck happened to that Spats dude :blink:

Edited by Mary Hartman

My cousins x-rays came back positive for breast cancer. It doesn't look good according to someone else in the fam.

:(

Sorry to hear this MH. Wishing your cousin and family all the best through this difficult time.

There are times when you wish the doctors might be wrong, that some treatment might still work.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Edited by eternal light

Kanye West is a dickhead who apparently failed kindergarten. Nobody called on you, asshole, so stay in your seat and let the rest of the class have their turn! Somebody give this guy a permanent time out.

I'm not even that big a Taylor Swift fan, but she seems like a really genuinely nice person, and I still kinda think of her as a kid (even though she's only like 5 years younger than me), so I really hate that he did this to her in particular. I hope I'm wrong, but she seems like the kind of person who would take this kind of hard, as opposed to if it had been Beyonce's or Pink's video he was dissing; they probably would've just laughed it off and ignored it, but for some reason Taylor looks like she'd take it personally.

That is very shocking news. I've known a few people who were killed or injured riding motorcycles. It leaves you stunned.

It does. It was around dinner time when my wife and I saw him leaving and a few hours later, the police were delivering the news. It's a sickly feeling that comes over you at a time like this. Can't help but feel his family's pain

It does. It was around dinner time when my wife and I saw him leaving and a few hours later, the police were delivering the news. It's a sickly feeling that comes over you at a time like this. Can't help but feel his family's pain

This is so horrible, ally. You must still be in shock, seeing him drive off like that and knowing that he's not coming back. My condolences to you and his family.

These accidents are usually not the motorcyclist's fault. Auto drivers can be so reckless around motorcycles.

This is so horrible, ally. You must still be in shock, seeing him drive off like that and knowing that he's not coming back. My condolences to you and his family.

These accidents are usually not the motorcyclist's fault. Auto drivers can be so reckless around motorcycles.

Yeah, the intersection in question has been a problem for ages now. Speed apparently was a factor in the accident and it doesn't sound like it was the other vehicles fault. I guess that really doesn't matter now.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts

Finding out last night that my neighbour was killed in a motorcycle accident.

Hi Ally, sorry to hear your terrible news, a prayer to his family from me mate.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, I've been fellow Motorcyclist since i was 16 years old, the heartache we put our familys through because of our love of speed and fresh air we will never know, he died a Hero. "Born To Be Wild"