What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Hi Atlas! Sorry about your troubled times re: your girlfriend. :( Hope she gets the help she needs lately and that you will think of yourself as well. Bottom line, if you had a son, would you want him in such a predicament? Hope all gets better soon for both of you. :( Edited to say: sorry, didn't mean to sound so judgmental. She's lucky to have your love. Again, hope all goes well, in time.

Edited by Fan_S.

Hi Atlas! Sorry about your troubled times re: your girlfriend. :( Hope she gets the help she needs lately and that you will think of yourself as well. Bottom line, if you had a son, would you want him in such a predicament? Hope all gets better soon for both of you. :( Edited to say: sorry, didn't mean to sound so judgmental. She's lucky to have your love. Again, hope all goes well, in time.

I miss her so much that it's making me physically ill. I'm weak. My hands are pale and shaky, and my body aches. Not to mention that I can't think straight.

I wish I could just hate her. It would be so much easier.

Try to think about something else for awhile.

Let a few weeks go by before you give her your new phone number.

Give yourself some time to rejuvenate before you engage her once more.

See others during this time and enjoy their company. Maybe you'll meet someone who can refer your girlfriend to a therapist. You cannot carry the whole load alone.

Try to think about something else for awhile.

Let a few weeks go by before you give her your new phone number.

Give yourself some time to rejuvenate before you engage her once more.

See others during this time and enjoy their company. Maybe you'll meet someone who can refer your girlfriend to a therapist. You cannot carry the whole load alone.

I'm not one for "seeing other women". As for not thinking about her. I try not to, but that doesn't even matter. Even when I'm not thinking about her, I'm feeling bad.

I'm not one for "seeing other women". As for not thinking about her. I try not to, but that doesn't even matter. Even when I'm not thinking about her, I'm feeling bad.

You knew from the start what you were getting involved in:

Sorry things haven't turned out better. Some people can't be saved. This woman might be one of them. You are going to feel hurt for a while to come. Proabably best if you decide whether it's over or not and then stand by your decision. Then you can take time to heal. You will know when you are ready to move on. Heartache sucks, and no matter how hard you try, often nothing will dull the pain. Only time. Even then, a true love is someone who you may always feel longing for, no matter how much time passes. But the pain does lessen.

The sad fact is some with such a strong addiction is prone to fail and since this woman seems to be out of control (and was when you met her) there's a good chance that liver disease will take her life long before getting it together ever happens. Sorry to sound abrupt, but i have seen it happen in my personal and professional life. As Fan_S said, take care of yourself.

I do wish you the best in finding happiness in the future.

You knew from the start what you were getting involved in:

Sorry things haven't turned out better. Some people can't be saved. This woman might be one of them. You are going to feel hurt for a while to come. Proabably best if you decide whether it's over or not and then stand by your decision. Then you can take time to heal. You will know when you are ready to move on. Heartache sucks, and no matter how hard you try, often nothing will dull the pain. Only time. Even then, a true love is someone who you may always feel longing for, no matter how much time passes. But the pain does lessen.

The sad fact is some with such a strong addiction is prone to fail and since this woman seems to be out of control (and was when you met her) there's a good chance that liver disease will take her life long before getting it together ever happens. Sorry to sound abrupt, but i have seen it happen in my personal and professional life. As Fan_S said, take care of yourself.

I do wish you the best in finding happiness in the future.

Thanks for the facts. You know and I know that you are telling me what I need to hear, and what I already know. As for the liver disease. I do believe her liver is in pretty bad shape right now. She has all the symptoms of advanced liver disease. That doesn't mean it is irreversible. I've been learning a lot about this since I met her. I always thought alcoholic liver disease was a one way progression. Turns out that it is often reversible if it hasn't left permanent scarring.

Her physical condition is terrifying. Sometimes she goes into convulsions when she takes her first drink of the day. Sometimes it just happens. She is often too weak to stand up on her own, and will sleep all day, even when not drinking.

She knows something is terribly wrong with her, but she refuses to acknowledge that it's from her drinking.

Thanks for the facts. You know and I know that you are telling me what I need to hear, and what I already know. As for the liver disease. I do believe her liver is in pretty bad shape right now. She has all the symptoms of advanced liver disease. That doesn't mean it is irreversible. I've been learning a lot about this since I met her. I always thought alcoholic liver disease was a one way progression. Turns out that it is often reversible if it hasn't left permanent scarring.

Her physical condition is terrifying. Sometimes she goes into convulsions when she takes her first drink of the day. Sometimes it just happens. She is often too weak to stand up on her own, and will sleep all day, even when not drinking.

She knows something is terribly wrong with her, but she refuses to acknowledge that it's from her drinking.

Your welcome. You need to make a hard decision.

I see many liver transplant patients each year. I see others who are not candidates and die from alcoholic cirrhosis and other non alcoholic liver disease such as cancer. The only way to tell what condition her liver is in is to get a biopsy. But even more important, is for her to get Rehab and recover. Now that is a challenge that may be impossible. She sounds like too much of a mess for anyone to help. Best to you, Atlas.

Ally, I'm so sorry for your loss. All my best to you and your family. She sounds like a remarkable person. And if you're the person you are in part because of her, she was indeed a great woman!

Maybe you can give her your new number when both of you are feeling better. In the meantime, you could call her from a neutral location and meet in a safe environment when you are feeling a little more ready. Something to consider anyway, unless you really need to make a clean break for good.

But for now you need the variety of many friends to strengthen your support system, and to take your mind off her for awhile and focus on the simple joys in life so you can at least smile. smile.gif

Ally, I'm so sorry for your loss. All my best to you and your family. She sounds like a remarkable person. And if you're the person you are in part because of her, she was indeed a great woman!

Thank You ebk and Thank You Buckeye Doc

She was a remarkable woman and I was just one of many who benefited from her love of life.

Anyone who knew her would say the same. We do have to move on though and after her service tomorrow, we shall. She wouldn't have wanted it any other way

Thanks again

Maybe you can give her your new number when both of you are feeling better. In the meantime, you could call her from a neutral location and meet in a safe environment when you are feeling a little more ready. Something to consider anyway, unless you really need to make a clean break for good.

But for now you need the variety of many friends to strengthen your support system, and to take your mind off her for awhile and focus on the simple joys in life so you can at least smile. smile.gif

Well, I'm getting to be good friends with her mother. But damn! Jamaican accents can be hell to follow. English IS her native language, but it's not the same English as my native language. :blink:

She really is a cool feisty lady.

My mother-in-law, who I live with, has the flu. The Dr. says it could possibly be swine flu. I am so scared that my toddler might get it. It's almost impossible NOT to get it in the area I live in. I have been spraying everything with lysol, and using hand sanitizer like crazy today.

That's not good. :( I hope she doesn't have it, and that if she does, your child doesn't get it. That would be terrifying. I'm really surprised I haven't caught it, yet, too: half the people on campus have it.

Yuck.

That's not good. :( I hope she doesn't have it, and that if she does, your child doesn't get it. That would be terrifying. I'm really surprised I haven't caught it, yet, too: half the people on campus have it.

Yuck.

I'm even considering getting my son the vaccine. And I'm very partial to vaccines, seeing as they have been linked to Autism. And the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine has been linked to Guillain-Barre syndrome. Don't get me wrong, my son has had all his vaccinations. But that doesn't mean I don't fret over them.

Good luck on staying healthy! :wave:

I would suggest carrying some hand sanitizer with you when out in public. I even spray my basket with lysol, and wipe it down before I put my son in it. People look at me like I'm crazy. :bagoverhead:

I'm even considering getting my son the vaccine. And I'm very partial to vaccines, seeing as they have been linked to Autism. And the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine has been linked to Guillain-Barre syndrome. Don't get me wrong, my son has had all his vaccinations. But that doesn't mean I don't fret over them.

Good luck on staying healthy! :wave:

I would suggest carrying some hand sanitizer with you when out in public. I even spray my basket with lysol, and wipe it down before I put my son in it. People look at me like I'm crazy. :bagoverhead:

It's natural to fret and worry about that stuff when you're a parent. The thing to remember is that the chances of that happening are very small. :)

I do carry hand sanitizer with me in my backpack, it's probably helped me a lot, haha. Hey, you might get crazy looks, but there's no harm in being careful.

I'm even considering getting my son the vaccine. And I'm very partial to vaccines, seeing as they have been linked to Autism.

There is much controversy as to this.

I believe Dr. Andrew Wakefield, the British doctor who first raised this issue, has been exposed as having a finacial interest in the alternative vaccine for MMR (mumps, rubella, measles).

I got a piece of bacon on my vegetarian pizza :(

omg a simular thing happened to me, for lunch we went to this pasty place and the guy who served us got the labering wring so I ended up with the steak pasty!!! Luckly my dad noticed his was the veggie one stoppped me before I aet any of it.

What made me unhappy? Just found out my sister has over dosed again, she's in A&E. :(

omg a simular thing happened to me, for lunch we went to this pasty place and the guy who served us got the labering wring so I ended up with the steak pasty!!! Luckly my dad noticed his was the veggie one stoppped me before I aet any of it.

What made me unhappy? Just found out my sister has over dosed again, she's in A&E. :(

Oh, man....I hope your sister will be alright, Lucia. :console2:

:peace:,

Jo

You should have come to our potluck, we have our very own buffet now! ROF!

What made me unhappy today was seeing ZeppFanForever's Post but no "ROCK ON FOREVER" ending in it, i am so distressed by this that i think my whole world may collapse in on itself. :lol:

Kind Regards and "ROCK ON FOREVER" Danny