What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I'm on the far south coast of NSW, but i'm sure there are sharks lurking, there always are. More chance of being struck by lightening though.

Your summer is not too far off. Enjoy your time in Cornwall. Have a pasty for me :D

Thanks cat. eeemmmmm PASTY. :drool:

Sorry NSW. I know how territorial you aussies are. My Victoria friends used the unflattering word to describe your state capital as Shitney. And in my eyes C, summer is a fucking long way off :D

OMG 'april_lynn' what has happened?

I know right! Well my house is for sale (it's not the one I'm staying in and it's empty so that was good) and I haven't been there for over a week and apparently my furnace went out and all the pipes burst! My estate agent called and told me about this. I had the water shut off and tomorrow morning they'll be pumping the water out of it. I went there today and only got as far as the front door and it is such a disaster it's unreal! I still haven't seen the upstairs or the garage, but needless to say it's off the market now! One positive point is that I'll hopefully get a new basement carpet now which really coulda done with replacing anyways! And bad things come in threes so I think that's me done for a while hopefully! :)

april_lynn, I am sorry to read this. Something similar happened to me a few years ago. Two incidents in a span of three months. I learned a tough lesson about leaving items on the floor in the basement. I won't list everything I lost, but since this is a music forum, I will mention I lost most of my vinyl.

Best wishes, it will get better!

I know right! Well my house is for sale (it's not the one I'm staying in and it's empty so that was good) and I haven't been there for over a week and apparently my furnace went out and all the pipes burst! My estate agent called and told me about this. I had the water shut off and tomorrow morning they'll be pumping the water out of it. I went there today and only got as far as the front door and it is such a disaster it's unreal! I still haven't seen the upstairs or the garage, but needless to say it's off the market now! One positive point is that I'll hopefully get a new basement carpet now which really coulda done with replacing anyways! And bad things come in threes so I think that's me done for a while hopefully! :)

oh dear! hope everything is covered by insurance! sorry to hear this :(

april_lynn, I am sorry to read this. Something similar happened to me a few years ago. Two incidents in a span of three months. I learned a tough lesson about leaving items on the floor in the basement. I won't list everything I lost, but since this is a music forum, I will mention I lost most of my vinyl.

oh no! not your records! so sorry for you! :(

That is awful, hope your Insurance will cover the cost of the Damage. If it does there could be a Silver lining to this disaster, you could sell the Property for a bit more...

Oh dear...this is not how I wanted to come back to the forum after being away for the weekend.

Such distressing news. April, as bad as it was I am thankful at least you weren't in the house at the time it happened. I hope your insurance doesn't sctew you. You definitely deserve a break from bad luck after your recent Trilogy of Terror. Let the Fates move on and pick on somebody else for a change...send them my way.

Will this delay your impending move?

oh dear! hope everything is covered by insurance! sorry to hear this :(

That is awful, hope your Insurance will cover the cost of the Damage. If it does there could be a Silver lining to this disaster, you could sell the Property for a bit more...

Oh dear...this is not how I wanted to come back to the forum after being away for the weekend.

Such distressing news. April, as bad as it was I am thankful at least you weren't in the house at the time it happened. I hope your insurance doesn't sctew you. You definitely deserve a break from bad luck after your recent Trilogy of Terror. Let the Fates move on and pick on somebody else for a change...send them my way.

Will this delay your impending move?

Aww you guys! It never ceases to amaze me how sweet you all are!! Thank you all :)

Well I found out a lot more today and it's good news! The insurance will cover it Slave to Zep as long as I can prove that I maintaned heat which I can and though the damage was a lot worse than I thought it was I get to pick out all new hardwood floors which also could have done with replacing and new kitchen cupboards and countertops!! Plus the nasty old basement carpet! :D

So yeah Fool in the Rain hopefully when I put it back on it will sell for loads more!! The insurance was actually really helpful and they're the ones who will set up all the builders and everything! They're estimating that it will take 3 months to repair, so a bit more than I thought but fantastic news since I only have to pay the deductible which is 70 times less than the work that need to be done! Literally.

Haha Strider, my Trilogy of Terror! Actually I will be delayed, but because of the thing I was counting as my second trauma. My visa was refused :( But only because of a couple technicalities with my application and they've been pretty helpful and have sent me the appeal forms so I'm working on that as well at the moment! It's really okay though and I feel positive that with my corrections I will get it. Also the appeal only costs 80pounds so that's a bonus!

Aww JB126 that's terrible about your records. I'm so sorry!

Darn, I should have held off on my little story, it was a few years back & I'm well over it. Sorry April_lynn this should have been about you. On the bright side, sounds like you are in good spirits and won't be hurt too much financially. Good luck with it and your sale.

Darn, I should have held off on my little story, it was a few years back & I'm well over it. Sorry April_lynn this should have been about you. On the bright side, sounds like you are in good spirits and won't be hurt too much financially. Good luck with it and your sale.

Aww don't be silly that's fine! :) I'd still be upset if that had happened to me. I was lucky and didn't lose anything like that, but I'm glad you're past it as well :) Thank you so much!

Me and Mrs CP are soul mates. We have been together for 28 years. Travelled the world, lived in all sorts of flats,houses and our beloved Caravan in the hills. We are very rarely apart and miss each other when we are. Yesterday she got the news that we have been dreading for a few months. The compnay she has worked for for 20 years has decided to cease trading. A (potential) new company has (maybe) bought the going concern and she has been effectively transferred to the new company. Today she has got to tell all her staff that they are being made redundant. She was very upset about this and it is not a good time. I suppose in a way it will be a new challange but we suspect that the state retail is in in this country in won't be long before she too will face the bullit.

Fortunatley we own our house and have no mortgage but it is still a very worrying time. It seems to us there is no thanks for the service you have given 20 odd years of your life to. She was told by phone and it was basically "firm has got a potential buyer and you will now be working for them" - potential? If this buyer decides not to proceed she will be out of a job.

Why are people treated this way? Makes no sense to me but I suppose that is the way the world is. So not happy today

Sorry to hear that about Mrs CP, what an awful thing to have to do, give people their marching orders...

Sadly in this day and age there is no job security what ever one decides to do as a Career.

Fingers crossed that Mrs CP keeps her job, after the way she battled the Elements over the last few weeks to get to work, they would be mad to lose such a worker (IMO)

Thanks Fool. It's totally out of her hands. But you never know this new company might be great. They seem to have stores only in the south and west and may want to open new stores in the north. It's just the not knowing.

The saddest thing and this is what I love about Mrs CP: A girl left her job to work in a store for Mrs CP's company. She has only been working in the store for 2 weeks and told Mrs CP she loved it - best job ever. Now she has to tell her that the job has gone and she is being made redundant. Mrs CP was very upset about having to tell her this news this morning.

What also annoys both of us is that if Mrs CP had been made redundant then she would have got some money and we could have taken a good holiday and she could have taken the spring/summer off and then looked forward to a new start. But now it looks like a new start for a company she dosen't know, doing a job she dosen't know and with the thought that if it is awful she will leave with nothing.

Maybe it's time for us to sell up and fuck off

Mrs CP should say 'F**K YOU' give me the Money, then the pair of you go off for your holiday...

Sadly not an option Kate. The other regional asked the very same question. It's either go with it or nowt. Anyway I am thinking hard about what to cook her for dinner. I think Prawns in a Malaysian sauce with Noodles - she'll love it

Sadly not an option Kate. The other regional asked the very same question. It's either go with it or nowt. Anyway I am thinking hard about what to cook her for dinner. I think Prawns in a Malaysian sauce with Noodles - she'll love it

So either way they have her over a barrel...

Sounds nice as do a lot of your Meals, just wish I could eat half of what you cook...

Sadly not an option Kate. The other regional asked the very same question. It's either go with it or nowt.

Don't ya just love employers these days :thumbdown: They sound like a bunch of cheap gutless bastards CP. Never the less, I sincerely hope that Mrs CP's hard work and dedication are rewarded in a worthy fashion and that any decisions the two of you make for your future are based on your thoughts...not their's