What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Good for you man ! Never needed a good reason for a blow out. We used the last of my grow from last year. Priscilla was very good to us. As an extra bonus the people who we went to told me i didn't need to go outside for a toot. Just as well as it was freezing and they also enjoyed a few of the mellow stuff. Had some good food and wine and the company was great. Did Jack on Sunday but chilled and read the papers. Oh I did catch up on the Rugby - sorry Ally not Scotlands best day ?? ;)

Ha ! Glad you have such accomodating friends :D

Rugby shmugby... both of my son's play but tbh, I'm not a big fan of the game and I'm not suprised Scotland lost either. They're rubbish :lol:

To led zep girl, Here's hoping your tummyache is gone now. Can you drink something mild like green tea? That has helped me for upset stomach before.

I actually had a stomach virus. I was getting hot then getting cold. I finally broke my fever with some dayquil & that did it. It was just a 24 hour bug. I am tons better now. Thank God. But, thank you so much for your words. They made me smile. :)

Hey Missy, I'm totally with you on the bookmarks thing! Chrome has it, it's just a bit different, and once you use it a bit I think you just might like it better. I know I do. Sounds like you have some technical support at your beck and call, so a quick "how to" from them would get you going in a jiffy.

LZ Girl and slave tz...either of you feeling any better?

Yes. As I mentioned above, ^ I had a stomach virus. I felt horrible. My face was so hot & dayquil is my new best friend. All is well now. Thanks for your concern. :)

Edited by Led Zep Girl

Nothing since the phone call, but my niece's friend works there and said that they are cancelling the night shift and starting a 7 until midnight shift and it didn't go down too well. So with a bit of luck I may be in with a chance. I also applied for an admin job at Liverpool University on 9th Jan, and I haven't received a reusal e-mail yet. But sometimes if you don't hear within 2 weeks.. tough shit.

Nothing since the phone call, but my niece's friend works there and said that they are cancelling the night shift and starting a 7 until midnight shift and it didn't go down too well. So with a bit of luck I may be in with a chance. I also applied for an admin job at Liverpool University on 9th Jan, and I haven't received a reusal e-mail yet. But sometimes if you don't hear within 2 weeks.. tough shit.

That is so rude of companies not to get in touch with you,

Good luck with the Asda job...

I was involved in a fender bender. I am not really worried about the accident itself. The insurance company somehow makes it a lot more complicated than it needs to be, especially considering both drivers are covered by the same insurer.

Oh dear. I hope no one was hurt! And I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on the celebration today.

I was involved in a fender bender. I am not really worried about the accident itself. The insurance company somehow makes it a lot more complicated than it needs to be, especially considering both drivers are covered by the same insurer.

Aww are you okay? I hate it when that happens. :(

My full time job in an Oncology (cancer) clinic.

Some days it's rewarding, but other days its just plain draining. We've had lots of young ones lately. And, for the record, I don't mean kids. I mean people in their 40's....blech!

How are things going for you now 'april_lynn' after your flood?

Aww thank you for asking! :) Pretty well I think. They've already made the repairs to get it dry and have removed the walls, ceilings, floor and kitchen! I met with the adjustor and builder together on Monday and they started the "official" estimate. It'll be about a week before that's finished and then when they're ready to start the rebuild/repairs the builder thinks it'll be about 10 weeks, but at the most 12 weeks. I'm excited to start picking things out which I think I will be at some point next week! :)

Some days it's rewarding, but other days its just plain draining. We've had lots of young ones lately. And, for the record, I don't mean kids. I mean people in their 40's....blech!

Damn that must be rough :( 40 is too young; though that's an awful thing at any age :(

Edit to say: I realise I left that message in a dreary state and said nothing to cheer you up; not that I could. What I should have said though is that what you're doing is important and to hang in there for the rewarding days :console:

Edited by april_lynn

Damn that must be rough :( 40 is too young; though that's an awful thing at any age :(

Edit to say: I realise I left that message in a dreary state and said nothing to cheer you up; not that I could. What I should have said though is that what you're doing is important and to hang in there for the rewarding days :console:

april_lynn,

Do not feel like you should have left an uplifting reply, but you're very sweet to do so.

I was just venting as it has been a rough few days..

Peace.

I don't envy you Planted but with having lost so many to cancer in recent years, I sure appreciate the job that you and your collegues do :)

I don't envy you Planted but with having lost so many to cancer in recent years, I sure appreciate the job that you and your collegues do :)

I second that, when my father in law was dying the Macmillan nurses were absolutely brilliant, so keep up the good work Planted, people like yourself give the families much needed reassurance

april_lynn,

Do not feel like you should have left an uplifting reply, but you're very sweet to do so.

I was just venting as it has been a rough few days..

Peace.

I just didn't want to make you feel any worse about it. Normally when I come here with something it's because I need a bit of cheering up, but I completely understand your just needing to vent as well. :)