What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My full time job in an Oncology (cancer) clinic.

Some days it's rewarding, but other days its just plain draining. We've had lots of young ones lately. And, for the record, I don't mean kids. I mean people in their 40's....blech!

we can only imagine what it must be like to be you. you are an amazing person. thank you for all that you do.

my mother was 41 when she died from breast cancer. yes, too young. :(

we can only imagine what it must be like to be you. you are an amazing person. thank you for all that you do.

my mother was 41 when she died from breast cancer. yes, too young. :(

No no no! The amazing person is patients like your Mom. The fighters. The heroes. The families.

That must have been awful, sweetheart. You were a baby when you lost your mother. I'm so sorry.

No credit taken here. I just wish the researchers could find a ****** cure!

I just didn't want to make you feel any worse about it. Normally when I come here with something it's because I need a bit of cheering up, but I completely understand your just needing to vent as well. :)

No, I know. I appreciate your sentiment.

You're very sweet.

I second that, when my father in law was dying the Macmillan nurses were absolutely brilliant, so keep up the good work Planted, people like yourself give the families much needed reassurance

Ally and joe,

Thank you. Sometimes we don't realize the impact we have on people as we just go about our jobs...

No no no! The amazing person is patients like your Mom. The fighters. The heroes. The families.

That must have been awful, sweetheart. You were a baby when you lost your mother. I'm so sorry.

No credit taken here. I just wish the researchers could find a ****** cure!

well, i can't argue with that.

i was 13, in my first year of high school. it was to change my life forever. :(

thanks for your kind words.

BUT, you are indeed special. all the carers/nurses/doctors/researchers. all of you. :)

Ally and joe,

Thank you. Sometimes we don't realize the impact we have on people as we just go about our jobs...

The way you and your collegues do your job is a big part of what makes what you do so special and vital to patients and their loved ones. Those of us who have gone through the cancer experience with loved ones, know full well just how hard your job can be at times so let me just say a big Thank You to you and your peers for all the wondeful care my loved ones experienced !

^Planted, I totally agree with everyone else, Macmillian did a wonderful job taking care of my Aunt a few years ago and the work you do is invaluable, you are all appreciated.....Sorry if this seems a trivial subject in comparison, but tried to get tickets for Fleetwood Mac in the UK this morning, all sold out in about 2 minutes - and now on ebay at up 10x the face value :( This has happened with about the last 5 gigs I've tried to go to, needs sorting out! I'm a music lover and I just want to go and see music!

Edited by amie1974

Ah you see Amie it's who you know I'm afraid. This happened when I tried to get Kraftwerk tickets and in a way the Reuinion show in 2007. It really sucks. When I used to go to gigs in the 70's you went to the box office - if it was a big show you may have to queue overnight - like when Zepp played Knebworth.

Nowadays it to seems to me in order like this:

Touts

Corporate

Fans

Every year the Government say we are going to stop this but they never do. E bay say we are going to stop this they never do. Ticketmaster are to blame ultimately. Buying on line is just a joke and to add insult they charge you £7.50 just to send you the tickets IN THE POST. Disgrace

Planted...I'd like to add my appreciation to you and your co-workers too. My sister is an oncology nurse as well, I have an idea of what she goes through daily, and therefore you too.

This past October we lost our Dad after his fourth battle with cancer, we got to know many of his wonderful nurses. I know you could understand what it must have been like for my sister having her own parent as a patient!

I came here to tell my tale of woe, but next to cancer victims and people losing their jobs, it seems silly and insensitive. So I'll stuff it.

Just found out that i'm losing my job, it has been floundering for some time but still such a shock. I don't know what i'm gonna do next

I really don't know the answer to both of those questions, things in the UK is ultra tough as you well know. I just really don't know

Sorry to hear this. Try to keep your chin up SozoZoso. The same qualities that got you hired once will get you hired again. I'm not well-versed in the ways and bylaws of the British employment system, but are you eligible for Unemployment or the British equivalent?

In some ways, not having a job for a while can be a blessing in disguise...you can finally get to those things you wanted to do but never had the time because of work.

I wish you the best of luck on your next gainful employment.

I really don't know the answer to both of those questions, things in the UK is ultra tough as you well know. I just really don't know

times are tough all over. not sure of your age, but i am 50, and if that happened to me i would be in big trouble, i think. although i'd love to do something else. maybe you feel the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Today ended up being a waste and a cluster fuck of a day. We were suppose to help our daughter move out to an apartment. Had the apt picked out and was told it would be ready this weekend. She confirmed it last night. Had one small thing to fix but she could move in today. Gave notice to the storage facility of leaving, rented a truck and her dad helped her empty it last night and turned in her keys. Was finishing packing in her things at the house and was just about done when they called and informed her it wasn't ready. WTF!!! She was livid. Spent two hours on hold to see if they could present any options. Nope. Two weeks before it will be ready. Thank goodness we wern't already down there (about 70 miles away). Anyway, my front room is now a storage facility and she's returning the truck. Hopefully they will cut her a break on the fee, since she had it less than 24 hours and is returning it back to the same location.

^^^

Just another reason why I don't care for racing, particularly NASCAR, much anymore.

Today ended up being a waste and a cluster fuck of a day. We were suppose to help our daughter move out to an apartment. Had the apt picked out and was told it would be ready this weekend. She confirmed it last night. Had one small thing to fix but she could move in today. Gave notice to the storage facility of leaving, rented a truck and her dad helped her empty it last night and turned in her keys. Was finishing packing in her things at the house and was just about done when they called and informed her it wasn't ready. WTF!!! She was livid. Spent two hours on hold to see if they could present any options. Nope. Two weeks before it will be ready. Thank goodness we wern't already down there (about 70 miles away). Anyway, my front room is now a storage facility and she's returning the truck. Hopefully they will cut her a break on the fee, since she had it less than 24 hours and is returning it back to the same location.

Livid? I can think of a couple more words I'd be in this situation. Damn, ledzepfvr, that is one big fuckup on their part. Your daughter better get a break or you might have legal recourse. Hope all works out for the best.

Edited by Strider