What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Those morons seem to thrive on bringing people down and ruining decent discussions with their vile attitudes.

There is another member on here, who has a very high opinion of themself and borders on cyber bullying and constantly gets away with it. The thing is, regardless of their obvious intelligence or lack thereof, they are oblivious to it all.

On the upside, ignorance is bliss.

Knebby knows her friends outnumber the fuckwits on this forum.

:yesnod:

Working a party tonight, which means I have to miss my favourite Audrey Hepburn movie being shown tonight at the Egyptian Theatre: "Two for the Road". :tears:

Most Audrey Hepburn movies paired her with a significantly older man(Gary Cooper, Rex Harrison, Gregory Peck), which sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. But over the years I think I have most enjoyed the ones that paired her with someone closer to her age, like George Peppard in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and Peter O'Toole in "How to Steal a Million". But the absolute best chemistry is between Albert Finney and Audrey in "Two for the Road"...in a major rarity for Hollywood, Finney was seven years younger than Audrey when they filmed this.

One of the reasons I love watching this on the big screen when I can is that it was filmed in wide-screen panavision. Then of course, there are the clothes!!! A veritable smorgasbord of 60's designers...Mary Quant, Ken Scott, Andres Courreges...and a Paco Rabanne dress that will give you tingles of delight.

Damn, I HATE that I have to miss this tonight. :mad:

The fact that due to some dentist, me along with 7000 other people may have HIV or Hepatitis.

It's a terrible story that unravelling itself and my heart goes out to those who have been or may have become victims of this crack pot dentist. I sincerely hope all works out in your favour

The fact that due to some dentist, me along with 7000 other people may have HIV or Hepatitis.

So you went to his office? Did it seem unusual to you? I read where there were unqualified assistants doing major procedures and that the utensils were in bad shape. Very sorry to read you are involved in this. Sending positive thoughts that everything checks out fine for you!

It's a terrible story that unravelling itself and my heart goes out to those who have been or may have become victims of this crack pot dentist. I sincerely hope all works out in your favour

Yeah, this story is off....if you are properly licensed with a state board, then there are so many agencies breathing down your neck at all times. There are endless audits, inspections, etc. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around this. How did no one ever file a complaint against this guy?

I don't know, just seems there will be more to this story.

Yeah, this story is off....if you are properly licensed with a state board, then there are so many agencies breathing down your neck at all times. There are endless audits, inspections, etc. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around this. How did no one ever file a complaint against this guy?

I think so too Planted. Until all is revealed, I just don't want the weirdness of the story itself to minumize the fears of the patients involved. Everyone here from Canada will remember the tainted blood scandal that rocked this country . I should say, is still rocking the country, in an individual sense.

Where do you live again?

Where do you live again?

La la land according to you, I am sure. There's more to this story is all I'm saying.

I hope those patients sue everybody, including the state, (ie, the Board of Dentistry), and every single 'ASS-istant' who worked for him.

Where's Erin Brokovich? ;)

Edited by planted

La la land according to you, I am sure. There's more to this story is all I'm saying.

I hope those patients sue everybody, including the state, (ie, the Board of Dentistry), and every single 'ASS-istant' who worked for him.

Where's Erin Brokovich? ;)

Never mind the 40+ people who DIED from a state run lab in MA.

You mean this twat?

Instead of taking PG&E to court in full view of the public, Brockovich's firm convinced the residents of Hinkley to settle through private arbitration, where everything would be secret and the lawyers were basically accountable to nobody. After settling on the $333 million, the money wasn't given to the townspeople to pay for their medical bills until six months later. That's how long Erin's firm held onto the cash, giving the lawyers just enough time to have their way with each and every $100 bill.

Never mind the 40+ people who DIED from a state run lab in MA.

You mean this twat?

I hear what you're saying, but make no mistake, any 'state run' facility ought to be a red flag ip so facto. ;)

Haha, yah, if you really want to screw up a case, put it before a jury my friend.

Can you say OJ?

A little more information on my experience. I only saw him once, to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. July 16th 2009 I remember, because the same day a year later in 2010 I saw Robert Plant in concert! Anyways, I live in a suburb of Tulsa, a much smaller town. He did the procedure there and not in his main building in Tulsa, where they did a surprise inspection out. It's horrifying what they found there. I'm just gonna say this: One of the things they found was medicine that expired 20 years ago. That and the anesthetic they give you for some procedures, the stuff that knocks you out, well untrained assistants were using it on patients when they weren't qualified to use it! Last I heard about the dentist they found him hiding out in Phoenix. He's an old guy, the picture they used to represent him in the articles was a Dentist portrait of him from the 70s. I honestly think I'm fine, but you never know and I'm going to the doctor. They did free testing yesterday, I don't know if they did today but they're gonna have to fucking bend over backwards for everyone affected by this, they fucking better. Little kids went to him. Fucking little kids were put in his care and trust. How do you explain this to your kid? This should never of happened. Anyone who had any clue that there might of been some unsafe practice going on is at fault, in my opinion. The dentist, the assistants. Just unbelievable.

Spartan, I'm happy to hear that you feel you may be fine but none the less, will still be seeing your doctor for testing.

I also agree that everyone who worked for this dentist needs to be held accountable . Not only have he and his staff shown a complete lack of professional regard for their patients, it looks to me, in order to maintain a job, they've displayed complete disregard for humanity. Imo, no matter what their circumstances may have been, there's just no excuse for that

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

Yes, friends, I am taking a break. A much needed one. Life gets complicated sometimes, doesn't it? Just feeling a new focus and direction in the air that I need to pursue.

Oh, I will be lurking to keep up on any tours, haha, but you won't see me posting much anymore. I have had some great fun and hopefully have made some friends along the way.

Oh, and I have NOT forgotten about this summer, eh hem...(you know who you are, and if its meant to be, it will happen, PM me)

Until next time, I bid you all peace. :)

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

Yes, friends, I am taking a break. A much needed one. Life gets complicated sometimes, doesn't it? Just feeling a new focus and direction in the air that I need to pursue.

Oh, I will be lurking to keep up on any tours, haha, but you won't see me posting much anymore. I have had some great fun and hopefully have made some friends along the way.

Oh, and I have NOT forgotten about this summer, eh hem...(you know who you are, and if its meant to be, it will happen, PM me)

:( :( :( :( :(

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

I certainly understand your reasoning but I hope this break is short lived. You will definitely be missed !

I'm unhappy because my eldest son broke his front tooth on the glass on a revolving door yesterday. Although apparently they can fix them like new these days. Still, feel sorry for him, he has aspergers and was totally freaked out for a while. Off to the dentist tomorrow morning to see how they'll fix it.

Of all the places to break it, it was during a visit to Media City, Salford, coming out of the BBC building - the staff were lovely and asked if he was ok.

Sorry to see you go, Planted! I have always appreciated your knowledge on medical issues and patient care. I agree, I hope it's short lived!

:peace:

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

Hope your son is alright, Amie! Those glass doors can be a bitch! I have broken my nose walking into a very clean sliding glass door once - no fun at all!

I'm unhappy because my eldest son broke his front tooth on the glass on a revolving door yesterday. Although apparently they can fix them like new these days. Still, feel sorry for him, he has aspergers and was totally freaked out for a while. Off to the dentist tomorrow morning to see how they'll fix it.

Of all the places to break it, it was during a visit to Media City, Salford, coming out of the BBC building - the staff were lovely and asked if he was ok.

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

April Fools? Is there a doctor in the house? My heart needs reviving. Adieu amie.

First Facebook...

Now this forum.

Well that's disappointing. I've always enjoyed you're posting. Come back soon, planted!