What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Last Spartan,

I am so relieved and delighted for you. I can't begin to think what you went through while waiting for the results. Let's hope that there is also good news for the other innocent victims involved in this disgraceful episode.

This is the opposite of being unhappy, but since I posted it here on the other page I might as well give you all an update: Bloodwork was clean! No HIV or Hepatitis.

These Vile Excuses of Parents Should be locked up forever and the Key Thrown Away....

Mick Philpott was today jailed for life and will serve a minimum of 15 years for the “uniquely grave” killings of six of his children in a house fire.

Aged 56, he will be 71 before he can apply for release but will still have to convince a parole board that he is no longer a danger to the public. The father of 17 was condemned as “a driving force behind this shockingly dangerous enterprise” by Mrs Justice Thirlwall.

His wife Mairead was sentenced to 17 years and fellow accomplice Paul Mosley to 17 years. However, they will both only have to serve half of that term. All three were convicted of manslaughter on Tuesday.

Yes I heard that too. Funny how the scum are associated with that trash Jeremy Kyle isn't it? Still thankfully it will not be an easy ride in the slammer for all 3. But to be honest these lowlifes have no morals anyway so the more than likely will appeal. But what a way to go through a life? Never having a job and he will be in the hole until pension time. Assuming the twat lives long enough

Yes I heard that too. Funny how the scum are associated with that trash Jeremy Kyle isn't it? Still thankfully it will not be an easy ride in the slammer for all 3. But to be honest these lowlifes have no morals anyway so the more than likely will appeal. But what a way to go through a life? Never having a job and he will be in the hole until pension time. Assuming the twat lives long enough

That is one programme that I never ever watch. I hope that everyday that they spend behind Bars are Horrific...

^ Bring back hanging, or at least some sort of cruel slow medieval death for the likes of Mick Philpot and others.

More likely if Philpot and scum like him are not looking over their shoulders while banged up inside, the likes of you and I will be paying for their hot meals, tv's and f*** knows what else

I think I may start a neck/back problem thread?

Anyway we have had bad news this weekend. Mrs CP has had neck problems on and off for a few years. Last Tuesday she got a grating sound feeling at the top of her neck and had weak wrists and a numbing in one arm.

Doctor has diagnosed Cervical Spodolosis ( spellcheck?). Today she has gone for an x ray, which will prove inconclusive as it can't see cartlidge damage. The doctor also said that it years of driving which has caused the wearing of the cartlidge and the grating sound is the bones rubbing together. Naturally she is very worried. Of course she does drive for a living and it will mean that she will have to give up work.

We don't know how this is going to be in the future. We have heard physio/charopractor may work and acupuncture. We will have to wait and see.

Anyway we have had bad news this weekend. Mrs CP has had neck problems on and off for a few years. Last Tuesday she got a grating sound feeling at the top of her neck and had weak wrists and a numbing in one arm.

Doctor has diagnosed Cervical Spodolosis ( spellcheck?). Today she has gone for an x ray, which will prove inconclusive as it can't see cartlidge damage. The doctor also said that it years of driving which has caused the wearing of the cartlidge and the grating sound is the bones rubbing together. Naturally she is very worried. Of course she does drive for a living and it will mean that she will have to give up work.

We don't know how this is going to be in the future. We have heard physio/charopractor may work and acupuncture. We will have to wait and see.

Sorry to hear this CP. I had a similar symptoms a few years back and I'd be very careful with chiropractic care at this stage.That's not a knock against chiropractic care but it can be a very intrusive method if there is an injury.Especially in the neck. For me, I found a combination of physio and massage to be the safest and most effective option . It took quite a while for the tingling in my arm and hand to leave but once it did, I've never had a problem with it again . As far as I'm concerned, there's no question that both practices in conjunction with each other really were the difference. Regardless of the option she chooses though, I sincerely hope that she can find some effective long term relief

Thanks Ally, we will see what the consultants say before we do anything. Anyway most have my mates have been saying that she has always had a pain in the neck - and it's me. :D

:lol: Too funny CP. Good luck to her :beer:

Oh Dear poor Mrs CP, being a Arthritis sufferer I can relate to that horrible crunching in the neck, numb arm and the weak joints.

Anti inflammatory drugs can help as can swimming. (Lets hope that she will still be able to Whip your ass on the Golf course) lol.

Wishing Mrs CP all the Best..

Thanks Kate. Not sure she'll be able to play golf we will wait and see. The most pressing is work. I couldn't possibly go into this but she has been left with a financial dilema. In other words dammed if you do dammed if you don't. The next few weeks will be very interesting and very stressful. I am on hand for support as always but she is a chipper woman Mrs CP, she dosen't get down about things. It's not life threatening or anything just maybe inconvenient.

Thanks Kate. Not sure she'll be able to play golf we will wait and see. The most pressing is work. I couldn't possibly go into this but she has been left with a financial dilema. In other words dammed if you do dammed if you don't. The next few weeks will be very interesting and very stressful. I am on hand for support as always but she is a chipper woman Mrs CP, she dosen't get down about things. It's not life threatening or anything just maybe inconvenient.

Have a look around for some Mirrors for the car which will reduce the need for Mrs CP to turn her neck...

Whilst she is deciding what to do about work...

I'm sorry to hear this CP. I hope she is able to find some sort of treatment to help her with this.

Can't decide if I want to thought dump here or not...I have a lot in my mind but at the same time I can't even figure out a way to convey it all into coherent sentences on a forum, and if I did it would probably be a novel...

I'm willing to listen and give feedback if wanted...

My son has had his Posting to Germany brought forward by a week, so I never got to see my Grandson....

You will Kate and it will be even more great when you do.

Update from yesterday. Mrs CP is feeling more up beat today which is great. Still no news re her job. It's whether the company feels compassionate enough to give her what she wants. It's very complicated

City beat us last evening compounding my general mood of malaise

My son has had his Posting to Germany brought forward by a week, so I never got to see my Grandson....

Understand your disappointment Kate but I agree with CP. You will

You will Kate and it will be even more great when you do.

Update from yesterday. Mrs CP is feeling more up beat today which is great. Still no news re her job. It's whether the company feels compassionate enough to give her what she wants. It's very complicated

City beat us last evening compounding my general mood of malaise

Let's hope they do find a way to show Mrs CP some compassion.

Edited by ally

I bought a new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier today. It took five hours to set up and get it to work properly. I ended up having to phone Hewlett Packard for assistance.

I have since looked up Amazon, and umpteen people are giving feedback saying it only took them 10 minutes!

• 2 weeks later...