What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I have to put my beloved doggie down.

(She saw my daughter off to kindergarten and my daughter is now a junior in high school.)

Damn!

I'm so sorry my dear. :console2: It's so tough losing a beloved family member, but I'm sure she had a wonderful life and was as much enriched by you all as you were by her.

I'm so sorry my dear. :console2: It's so tough losing a beloved family member, but I'm sure she had a wonderful life and was as much enriched by you all as you were by her.

I know! The little rascal really got to me over the years. She never spoke one word, and yet I'll miss her so much.

Thanks for your kindness, we all appreciate it. xo

(She saw my daughter off to kindergarten and my daughter is now a junior in high school.)

Damn!

"Damn!" is right. This is upsetting news. It doesn't seem fair that we live so long while our dogs and cats get only a short time to share with us. The blessing is you and your beloved had the time you did get to share and enrich each other's lives.

I know one thing...because of you, that dog was loved like no other. She has bragging rights in 'Doggie Heaven'.

In sympathy, planted. :console:

"Damn!" is right. This is upsetting news. It doesn't seem fair that we live so long while our dogs and cats get only a short time to share with us. The blessing is you and your beloved had the time you did get to share and enrich each other's lives.

I know one thing...because of you, that dog was loved like no other. She has bragging rights in 'Doggie Heaven'.

In sympathy, planted. :console:

Bragging rights in doggie heaven..

Very cute.

My condolences, Whoopie Cat.

Thanks MLE

Damn!

I've had to do the same to one of my dogs and also this year, I had to put my 23 year old cat to sleep. They are very hard decisions to make, but ones that need to be made in the best interest of quality of life. It broke my heart each time, but I know it was the right thing to do.

As my vet said about my cat .... he would not have lived so long if he wasn't such a loved and cared for cat.

I'll say the same for you planted.

Our pets are part of our families and they are loved and cared for just as much. Know that your dear dog had a wonderful life, because of you and your family.

I don't know what it is about this year but so far eight people I know have had one of their pets killed or have had to put them to sleep. :(

we have been looking after our daughters cat for a couple of years, and just a few days ago she took it back. she kept it inside for a few nights, and when she was happy with it going outside, she let it, and it would come back in, and seemed quite happy and content around her.

now the cat is missing ...... :(

we have been looking after our daughters cat for a couple of years, and just a few days ago she took it back. she kept it inside for a few nights, and when she was happy with it going outside, she let it, and it would come back in, and seemed quite happy and content around her.

now the cat is missing ...... :(

We had to put our old cat down this year. Very sad. We have the two kittens we saved from the wild last Sept and they are doing great. Now we are sooo attached to them. They are great. As for the rest of life, when you start to get older it basically sucks. So many physical problems with my wife and I. You just wonder about the future. About this life and start thinking of the next one. You wonder how much time you really have. You just hope your kids will be ok and make the right choices once you are gone.

These damn greedy squirrels. I just filled my bird feeder again. I put out stuff for the squirrels but its not enough. Hopefully my cardinals and blue jays and morning doves will get their share. I am ready for the loony bin. As I watch my kiitens nap next to me I wish I was a cat sometimes

that doesn't sound like you...... hope you are feeling better today.

the cat is still missing. i bet she is trying to find her way back to our place, but it's a bit far. we'll see, i guess.

Yeah, when it rains it pours and I let my emotions get the best of me when I posted that. It is nothing I can discuss anyway, so Sam, if you can, can you delete that post of mine?

At least there were some silver linings in those clouds, as I mentioned on the Happy thread.

I do hope there is a happy resolution to your cat mystery.

Edited by Strider