What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I am unhappy that my Mom, who has terminal cancer and only a short time to live, lost her dog last night in its sleep. That broke her heart, and she could use a break from suffering.

I'm also unhappy about having to get up at 5:00 AM to go to work.

Edited by The Dark Lord

I am unhappy that my Mom, who has terminal cancer and only a short time to live, lost her dog last night in its sleep. That broke her heart, and she could use a break from suffering.

Sorry,DL. I know my thoughts are meaningless 'round here,......chin up.

mum got a new fridge/freezer this afternoon, it's not working as we think that it maybe something to do with the fuse. The power lead is at the bottom of the fridge whilst the socket is a lot higher up the wall so we would have to use a extension, to make matters worse mum had went o get the turkey yesterday, it has been sitting on the worktop since then and I think the bloody thing has nearly completly defrosted, so we have nowhere to put it.

Nearly had an argument with her about where to keep it, no point asking neighbours as they tend to be utter a**holes so I guess it will have to go into the bin and buy another.

I and I guess the rest of the family...really don't fancy having an exorcist moment (from both ends) in the bathroom over the festive period if you know what I mean.

Edited by SozoZoso

that is so sad. i am sorry for both of you.

i lost my mum in 1975, you never forget them. hope her passing is the easiest it can be.

I hope your mum can take some sort of comfort with her beloved dog having passed peacefully in it's sleep.

I also wish both your mum and yourself a gentle peaceful Christmas season.

Sorry,DL. I know my thoughts are meaningless 'round here,......chin up.

Your thoughts are not meaningless KB . Never were, never will be. On that note, I hope DL will accept a chin up from both of us

Indeed, I will. Thank-you. Is the little fishing village on the Fraser River Steveston ally?

Not quite but very close. Sounds like you may have had fish and chips at Dave's or maybe enjoyed a nice dinner at the Steveston Seafood House !

Planted...hey, maybe everyone doesn't but you and I both know that KB's heart and soul are in the right place. I love him like a brother but I wouldn't trade places with him if you paid me. That said, he's a proud man and wouldn't complain to save his life

Not quite but very close. Sounds like you may have had fish and chips at Dave's or maybe enjoyed a nice dinner at the Steveston Seafood House !

Planted...hey, maybe everyone doesn't but you and I both know that KB's heart and soul are in the right place. I love him like a brother but I wouldn't trade places with him if you paid me. That said, he's a proud man and wouldn't complain to save his life

:notworthy: :notworthy:

I want to go on record, KB, that I apologize if I hurt your feelings or offended you Saturday night. That wasn't my intention and am sorry if that's what the outcome was. Life is too short to have petty squabbles over opinions that really don't mean much to begin with. I haven't even returned to that thread since then and have no interest in doing so either. Happy holidays to you and your family.

:peace:

I want to go on record, KB, that I apologize if I hurt your feelings or offended you Saturday night. That wasn't my intention and am sorry if that's what the outcome was. Life is too short to have petty squabbles over opinions that really don't mean much to begin with. I haven't even returned to that thread since then and have no interest in doing so either. Happy holidays to you and your family.

:peace:

No Problems Bro! Thick skinned old bastard like me,..........you have to try harder! :drinks::D

I went to McDonald's today to order a Pecan Praline McFlurry, only to be informed they have been discontinued.

mcdonalds+pralines+cream+mcflurry+closeu

Notice I said I went there for the sole purpose of ordering said McFlurry, NOT that I ordered one WHILE I was there.

Such is my love for that delectably delicious dairy dessert.

Before that, I never ordered McFlurries.

They simply weren't remarkable enough to bother.

The disappointment is palpable.

My only hope is that it will return periodically like the McRib.

Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows in a bowl full of Blue Bell Neapolitan ice cream.

Found out that I failed my driving test. I am not ashamed to admit it. But, I'll be lying if I said that I'm not feeling a wee bit blue and annoyed with myself at the moment!! But anyway, I am determined to pick myself up and move on! What got the better of me, was my immense anxiety on the day of the test and constant pressure from my dad to be the perfect driver! I got pretty sick and tired of it and pretty much told him where to get off! Anyway, hopefully things will get better in 2014! I am just determined to make it happen!! :)