What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The stupid NBC affilate's poor "new" digital TV signal.

We've had the digital converter boxes for over a year and a half now, and we have TWO HDTV's: a 32" one and a 42" one. Until the NBC affiliate had the "changeover," I had NO issues with the digital TV stations.

It's funny how that they're endorsing a roof-top antenna company and they're telling you to call them if you're not getting a signal, which I'm not. The only time I can watch the show is if I take my $150.00 HDTV antenna and stand IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LIVING ROOM WITH THE ANTENNA HELD UP OVER MY HEAD.

I never had a problem with said digital channels before, not on ANY of the TVs.

I'm not paying to have a rooftop antenna installed. I've paid over $2k for the HDTVs and I have three converter boxes that worked fine the KTVB (NBC affiliate) digital channels.

...and it's funny, NO OTHER STATION IN TOWN IS ENDORSING SAID ANTENNA INSTALLATION COMPANIES, and I get their signals just fine.

Sigh.

Edited by manderlyh

I compromised one of my principals and got fooled by someone i met when i was out with some friends. I guess i shouldn't be mad at her because i guess that's her nature. But i am very angry with myself for letting my guard down. I don't usually do it. I protect myself very well and one of the rare times i let it down i get screwed over. I am disapppointed in myself and it reaffirms my belief in some things. I have made fun of other guys for falling for it and i turn around and do it myself. :(:(:(

I compromised one of my principals and got fooled by someone i met when i was out with some friends.

You compromised one of your "principals" :hysterical:

I hope you meant principles otherwise you may have touble with the school board! ;)

Sorry. I know. Just a spelling error, but you have to admit it sounds funny. :beer:

I compromised one of my principals and got fooled by someone i met when i was out with some friends. I guess i shouldn't be mad at her because i guess that's her nature. But i am very angry with myself for letting my guard down. I don't usually do it. I protect myself very well and one of the rare times i let it down i get screwed over. I am disapppointed in myself and it reaffirms my belief in some things. I have made fun of other guys for falling for it and i turn around and do it myself. :(:(:(

And what 'principle' are we speaking of exactly? Common courtesy? Politeness? Respect?

While I was in town this afternoon, I bumped into one of my ex- biology teachers.

Made me unhappy becuase I have this not so fond of memory of when I was about 8/9 and we had a biology test happening a couple of days ahead so she took us to the "covered market" in town where I live.

I have a memory of her forcing me to look at a dead rabbit hanging, I am a veggie and love animals, and therefore hated the thought of looking at one hagging but I remember her forcing me saying " do you want to fail this examination*....look at the bloody rabbit!" after I had told her I didn't want to, so I looked up and vomited on the spot, I then remember her saying "of for goodness sake do you really need to make that much fuss over a stupid rabbit"

I spent the rest of the time crying. :tears:

Wow I remember that :blink: it's not a memory I want to keep, I hated her from then on and so did nearly everyone in the class.

*it was not an exam it was a test.

I was posting a " May Michael Jackson rest inpeace" on a Utube video and then this other Utuber is sending me messages say that Jackson was nothing to music but was a pervet and that the world is better without him and that everyone should be happy that he is dead. :tears: I keep deleting them but they keep coming.

I don't understand how poeple can be so disrespectful.

I was posting a " May Michael Jackson rest inpeace" on a Utube video and then this other Utuber is sending me messages say that Jackson was nothing to music but was a pervet and that the world is better without him and that everyone should be happy that he is dead. :tears: I keep deleting them but they keep coming.

I don't understand how poeple can be so disrespectful.

Im sorry to hear of the nasty comments sent to you :console:

my dog had to be put down today :'( she was 16 so its not so bad.

Edited by ledzep45

Omg I'm so sorry about your dog! She lived for a good age, and at least you ended her pain. I' so so sorry :console: I know how much pets mean to us, to help you, you should keep some of her stuff and photos.

Don't mean to intrude just a tip, it helped me through it.

Again I'm so sorry.

Omg I'm so sorry about your dog! She lived for a good age, and at least you ended her pain. I' so so sorry :console: I know how much pets mean to us, to help you, you should keep some of her stuff and photos.

Don't mean to intrude just a tip, it helped me through it.

Again I'm so sorry.

Thank you for your kind words. Your not intruding (if thats how to spell it), luckily we took some photos of us with her a few days ago so we can keep those as memories of her.

You compromised one of your "principals" :hysterical:

I hope you meant principles otherwise you may have touble with the school board! ;)

Sorry. I know. Just a spelling error, but you have to admit it sounds funny. :beer:

Yes you are right it does sound funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what 'principle' are we speaking of exactly? Common courtesy? Politeness? Respect?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just acted differently than i normally do and i got USED. I thought the girl liked me THAT way and she didn't. I fell for it like a damn fool. She got what she wanted and i got nothing. And i just feel ashamed of myself. I betrayed myself. :(

Im sorry to hear of the nasty comments sent to you :console:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, ledzep45. :console2: She did live with a wonderful, loving owner, you, for 16 years. I send you my heartfelt condolences. :(