What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Walter I'll be thinking of you and your family on Wednesday. As someone once sang, Always look on the bright side. Best wishes, and you take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Thanks pph! I hope your job search takes a turn for the better!

My lady friend of the past 5 years moved out this past weekend ....& just like that its over..... Looking forward to hearing about a possible new job shortly so thats something.

Peace

One door closes...another door opens.

Sad news, and I hope she didn't abscond with your Led Zeppelin records on the way out.

I received an email this weekend telling me that a good friend of mine, that I had gone to school with had passed away last Tuesday, and the funeral is today. That's the bad thing about living in Germany, I would love to go to the funeral but it would be very expensive to fly to San Diego and I would need to take time off work as well. I am also good friends with his brother who lives in Saipan. He won't be going either. It is a 22 hour flight for him and his family told him not to come because of the distance, and I can totally relate to that! I know he is in deep pain and anguish over this! After reading the email, I had so many memories rushing back to that time period of my life, things I hadn't thought of in years came back to me like it was yesterday. Well, it's nice to have a place to tell ones story.......

My lady friend of the past 5 years moved out this past weekend ....& just like that its over..... Looking forward to hearing about a possible new job shortly so thats something.

Peace

wow, that's harsh.

feel better soon .

I received an email this weekend telling me that a good friend of mine, that I had gone to school with had passed away last Tuesday, and the funeral is today. That's the bad thing about living in Germany, I would love to go to the funeral but it would be very expensive to fly to San Diego and I would need to take time off work as well. I am also good friends with his brother who lives in Saipan. He won't be going either. It is a 22 hour flight for him and his family told him not to come because of the distance, and I can totally relate to that! I know he is in deep pain and anguish over this! After reading the email, I had so many memories rushing back to that time period of my life, things I hadn't thought of in years came back to me like it was yesterday. Well, it's nice to have a place to tell ones story.......

sorry for your loss, DD.

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to be leaving today to visit Roger in Berlin, then a month ago they cancelled our business trip to Portugal as we are in the process of new ownership at my job.(I was tying in the trip while I was already on that side of the pond).

On the upside, a couple of us are trying to plan a trip to visit Roger Berlin in the fall:-)

Just found out that a friend of mine (who I haven't seen in several years) lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. RIP Frank. Years ago he owned a Fishing tackle store on Long Island and we used to all hang out there and shoot the breeze. Eventually Frank became President of our Fishing Club. Once he left the club, we all kind of drifted apart. I did run into Frank usually around once or twice a year. We would run into each other at these outdoor concerts here on Long Island. I remember seeing Frank at various shows-Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, The Outlaws, and Hot Tuna.

Just found out that a friend of mine (who I haven't seen in several years) lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. RIP Frank. Years ago he owned a Fishing tackle store on Long Island and we used to all hang out there and shoot the breeze. Eventually Frank became President of our Fishing Club. Once he left the club, we all kind of drifted apart. I did run into Frank usually around once or twice a year. We would run into each other at these outdoor concerts here on Long Island. I remember seeing Frank at various shows-Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, The Outlaws, and Hot Tuna.

Damn. I am so sorry for your loss, tomloge. May your wonderful memories of your friend ease your sorrow. Here are some words that have comforted many, including me. Hope you feel the same.

"What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

It cannot eat away peace.

It cannot destroy confidence.

It cannot kill friendship.

It cannot shut out memories.

It cannot silence courage.

It cannot reduce eternal life.

It cannot quench the Spirit.

Author: Unknown

Damn. I am so sorry for your loss, tomloge. May your wonderful memories of your friend ease your sorrow. Here are some words that have comforted many, including me. Hope you feel the same.

"What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

thank you so much for your kind words!

"What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

That is beautiful. Touching.

Couldn't get into the preview of Wes Anderson's new film "The Grand Hotel Budapest" tonight.

One of my former students died two days ago after being hit by a truck last Saturday night. Not sure what happened to cause this tragedy, but the press is trying to run with a drunk college student was doing something stupid, when they don't know what the f*ck they're even talking about. According to the family, medical reports are saying she had two aneurisms - so that very well could be what put her in the position to be hit. Regardless it is very tragic when a 19-year old is killed, too young, too soon! :(

Wow that sure is tragic walter! Sorry to hear of your wife's aunt also plantpothead. I'm unhappy today because someone that I really thought a lot of seriously disappointed me. Not the person I thought he was. People really suck sometimes. :(

Edited by zengac