What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Wow that sure is tragic walter! Sorry to hear of your wife's aunt also plantpothead. I'm unhappy today because someone that I really thought a lot of seriously disappointed me. Not the person I thought he was. People really suck sometimes. :(

Well they do say "Life's a bitch". I suppose everybody experiences disappointments in their life. I hope you'll discover trust again.

Well they do say "Life's a bitch". I suppose everybody experiences disappointments in their life. I hope you'll discover trust again.

Thanks. I will never trust this person again .. too many lies over too much time but I will be fine otherwise. :)

You have too much time on your hands Seany Boy :lol:

Au contraire, mon frère. Time is something that I am in short supply. Otherwise I could get cracking on my Led Zeppelin book. :P

Hell, it's Wednesday and I'm only now getting to read the newspaper from Monday and Tuesday, along with today's.

I received an e-mail stating that I had bye passed the initial grilling (for a job). They sent me three "tests" that needed solving and answering, each test was about 10 - 15 mins long. I read the instructions carefully, and chose to do the practise tests first. So after about 45 mins I had finished and I thought I would have a go at the proper test as I had made a few mistakes, and I would be able to overcome them (time allowed mainly) in the proper test. When I went back to do the test it stated that I had already completed it......I couldn't believe it...... I thought it was a practise...............Well there goes another job opportunity down the pan.

Edited by Plantpothead

I received an e-mail stating that I had bye passed the initial grilling (for a job). They sent me three "tests" that needed solving and answering, each test was about 10 - 15 mins long. I read the instructions carefully, and chose to do the practise tests first. So after about 45 mins I had finished and I thought I would have a go at the proper test as I had made a few mistakes, and I would be able to overcome them (time allowed mainly) in the proper test. When I went back to do the test it stated that I had already completed it......I couldn't believe it...... I thought it was a practise...............Well there goes another job opportunity down the pan.

Sorry to hear that pph ... hopefully something even better comes along soon. Life has a way of doing that sometimes.

I am usually a strong person, I don't cry at the drop of a hat, but let me tell you, watching the news last night and seeing the scum that killed little Daniel Morecombe talking about how he abused, killed and dumped his body .... I cried.

I cried for his mother and father and brother.

I cried for Daniel.

and I cried for my son, who is only 13, a small for his age boy, and i pictured him in Daniels place, and I got so scared.....

I cried for this world - there is so much evil out there.

I hope Daniel is ok now, wherever he is.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/brett-peter-cowan-guilty-of-murder-of-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frg6n6-1226853768677

I am usually a strong person, I don't cry at the drop of a hat, but let me tell you, watching the news last night and seeing the scum that killed little Daniel Morecombe talking about how he abused, killed and dumped his body .... I cried.

I cried for his mother and father and brother.

I cried for Daniel.

and I cried for my son, who is only 13, a small for his age boy, and i pictured him in Daniels place, and I got so scared.....

I cried for this world - there is so much evil out there.

I hope Daniel is ok now, wherever he is.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/brett-peter-cowan-guilty-of-murder-of-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frg6n6-1226853768677

Don't think this story got much "play" in the American media when it happened, but unfortunately it happens much too often. I am always surprised and admiring of parents than can stay calm and restrained in cases like this. I am afraid that if that was me I would be engulfed in rage and try to take justice in my own hands.

Don't think this story got much "play" in the American media when it happened, but unfortunately it happens much too often. I am always surprised and admiring of parents than can stay calm and restrained in cases like this. I am afraid that if that was me I would be engulfed in rage and try to take justice in my own hands.

me too, but I guess you just don't really know until you are in their shoes.

the killer will be dealt with in gaol, I would think ....

me too, but I guess you just don't really know until you are in their shoes.

the killer will be dealt with in gaol, I would think ....

Whatever pain he suffers in jail still doesn't make up for the fact that you've lost a child.

I had to stop listening to and reading the details of what this piece of scum inflicted on Daniel Morecombe. It was so disturbing, horendous and upsetting. I can not imagine in any realm of possibility what his poor parents and family have been through and endured over the past ten years. Nor how they had the strength to be in court every single day over this 5 week trial to hear the chilling details of what this sadistic animal did to their son.

After the trial yesterday, Brett Cowan's previous record and history was allowed to be released to the public. This sexual preditor was also previously convicted of raping a six and seven year old boy, plus had other sexual encounters with about 30 young children. I can't even bring myself to write any more of his history.

I hope Daniel's parents, family and friends find some sort of closure and the nightmares will fade a little.

Well done to the police who worked meticulously for ten years to solve this case and bring this lowlife animal to trial and succesfully have him convicted.

10 years? That poor boy and family. I truly hope justice is served in court and in prison....

the judge gave him the most she could, and when handing the sentence, she remarked that the parole board should never let him be released.

It's up to them now....

Cowan is being placed in protective custody, in an isolation unit of a high security prison.

I wouldn't mind my tax dollars paying for the imprisonment of this scum, provided he lived quite a long life in general population .... where each day he had to endure a torturous nightmare of pain, just like he inflicted on his young innocent victims.

There may be hope though.

Be warned, there is a clip of Cowan's previous "Dark Past" half way down the page. If you are at all uneasy, or upset about this, don't watch it.

In fact, don't click on any of the clips. Just read the story, because i'm tired of hearing what this sub-human animal has done.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daniel-morcombe-murderer-brett-peter-cowan-at-high-risk-of-bashing-while-in-jail/story-fnihsrf2-1226855280869

• 3 weeks later...

Heading into work reading about the Ft. Hood shooting in the paper. So sad, as I have such fond memories of that place when I was stationed there.

It was only a few years ago (2009) that they had another shooting. Nothing like that ever happened while I was there. Only one incident I can recall...a soldier dying after getting bit by a rattlesnake that was in his sleeping bag when we were on maneuvers.

Heading into work reading about the Ft. Hood shooting in the paper. So sad, as I have such fond memories of that place when I was stationed there.

It was only a few years ago (2009) that they had another shooting. Nothing like that ever happened while I was there. Only one incident I can recall...a soldier dying after getting bit by a rattlesnake that was in his sleeping bag when we were on maneuvers.

Thank Bill Clinton.

My mum and I are not long back from the funeral of my Aunty whom I have not seen in years (long family issues) She was just 56 when she passed away from cancer last weekend but on the plus side, I had seen my cousins, and after tears and smiles it was nice seeing them after all this time. I do hope we will see them often again.

I think it goes to show after so many years of bitterness, there are only few chances to heal a rift.... and today was one of them.

On Weds. we went to Seattle and got scammed out of $10 from a lying sack of shit who said he was the parking lot attendant. (The space we use is already paid for by the doctor).

We go there once a year and next time I will pray and hope that prick or some other fuckhead shows up to try to pull the same thing. I have a LONG memory.