What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I got some tragic news today. My co-worker took his life last night. 20 years old. He leaves behind a beautiful little boy of two years old named Jack. My heart hurts for him, I'm very sad that he and I will never laugh together again... I'm very sad his little boy, who loved his daddy so much, will have to live his life without him. I'm sad that he took his life so young, that he felt life is hopeless.

My sympathies.

Death is sad at any age, from any cause, but suicide is perhaps the most tragic, and one that leaves the friends and family behind to suffer the most. Whether a death is from natural causes, a illness, or murder, at least the "why" and "how" is usually answerable and there can be a sense of closure.

But suicide doesn't give any closure...it leads to a whole set of questions, doubt, and guilt among the surviving loved ones. What signs did they miss? What could they have done to help? Why did the deceased choose death over life?

That's the one that's usually the hardest to fathom. Most of us are wired to "want to live"...to survive at any cost. So when we hear of a person who chooses to end life, it seems so anathema, so alien to our way of thinking. The ironic thing is that most people who choose suicide think that they are ending all their problems but don't realize they are creating a new set of problems for the people they leave behind.

I hope you have a good circle of friends, lipslikecherries, to lend support during this difficult time.

Please people, be kind to everyone you meet!!! If you see a frown, for God's sake turn it upside! We don't know the pain that others live with! Please love your fellow man! Please give others hope!

I am so sorry for everyone involved. Life gets hard and complicated and some people just can't cope. But you're right, it's times like these that should serve as a reminder that everyone we meet has this invisible bubble over their heads. You never know what others are carrying, so be nice.

And for cripe sakes, if you don't have anything nice to say....well, you know the rest.

Peace

Well said, ladies. I was at the "Hair" musical tonight and one of the most touching songs from the musical seemed apropos for this topic:

I got some tragic news today. My co-worker took his life last night. 20 years old. He leaves behind a beautiful little boy of two years old named Jack. My heart hurts for him, I'm very sad that he and I will never laugh together again... I'm very sad his little boy, who loved his daddy so much, will have to live his life without him. I'm sad that he took his life so young, that he felt life is hopeless.

Please people, be kind to everyone you meet!!! If you see a frown, for God's sake turn it upside! We don't know the pain that others live with! Please love your fellow man! Please give others hope!

Oh my heavens! I am so sorry, lipslikecherries! My deepest sympathy and condolences! :( My heart goes out especially, to that little boy! It can be so mind-boggling as to why someone's loved one takes such an extreme step. Life can be frighteningly unpredictable and that's why it is so important to spread kindness and love, everywhere you go! A hug, a smile, telling someone that you love them, can make all the difference.

Lipslikecherries (it won't let me quote you for some reason), I'm also sorry for your loss. And though having a stranger tell you that is probably is little comfort, I do mean it. I can only hope your friend and colleague finds peace now.

• 2 weeks later...

My grandmother passed away earlier tonight, she had been so ill over the last year and had literally everything thrown at her. I even said to my sister this week that gran had danced with the grim reaper so many times....but she is at peace now which is a blessing and a relief.

My grandmother passed away earlier tonight, she had been so ill over the last year and had literally everything thrown at her. I even said to my sister this week that gran had danced with the grim reaper so many times....but she is at peace now which is a blessing and a relief.

I'm sorry for your loss and sorry your grandmother suffered so much.

Sorry to hear that S but a relief to you all I bet?

Unhappy as I have the central heating on for the first time since May. I have also chopped some wood for the stove. Autumn has arrived and it's shit

Sorry for your loss. At least she is not suffering any longer. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Thinking of you, my dear ♥

I am so very sorry for your loss! Just think of all the wonderful memories you had with her! Big Hugs to you! :console2:

Please people, be kind to everyone you meet!!! If you see a frown, for God's sake turn it upside! We don't know the pain that others live with! Please love your fellow man! Please gie others hope!

This is tragic news....

How hard must it be on his little boy and all the other loved ones behind.......

Maaike

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld

£60 million for some bloke to kick a inflated pigs skin across a lawn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11053760/Angel-di-Maria-set-for-60-million-transfer-to-Manchester-United-after-saying-goodbye-to-Real-Madrid-team-mates.html

...Meanwhile, our country is on its knees with poverty, deprivation, rising increase of Victorian diseases (Polio, Rickets etc) because families cannot afford to feed their kids, people cannot afford to pay for heat so they might as well spend the winter sitting huddled around a candle for warmth.

I am not talking about some African country, rather I am talking about the UK....yes! The worlds 5th richest country.

While on the subject, it reminds me of this joke.

George Osborne (British Conservative MP fatcat and Chancellor of the Exchequer)..saw a little old lady struggling with two heavy bags of shopping,

"You shouldn't be struggling with those two bags of shopping, let me help," he said.

So he halved her pension so she could only afford one in future.