What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My bloody back has just went *ping*. It has happened before about a week ago literally about an hour before my grans funeral.

I am masking the pain with painkillers, dunno if that's gonna work.

Oh no! That has happened to me, many times. I am usually in pain for days ..... try anti-inflammatory pain killers... ♥

well the motorbike wouldn't turnover at all so its a repairing job...

If the battery is bad, easy to jump start it, just do it 2nd gear because it has less compression, if it needs a boost, make sure it is grounded right. If you have spark, but it won’t start check the carbs, they might have gummed up if the gas sat in the carb too long - Easy to clean and fun. Also empty the tank out, if the gas is bad, you want to run new petrol in it.

My sincere condolences, DL. A loss that we are never prepared for. I bet many of your great qualities are attributed to your mom. May you find comfort knowing that a part of your mom will live on through you, and that the special memories you have will stay in your heart forever.

Hugs to you and your family.

My sincere condolences, DL. A loss that we are never prepared for. I bet many of your great qualities are attributed to your mom. May you find comfort knowing that a part of your mom will live on through you, and that the special memories you have will stay in your heart forever.

Hugs to you and your family.

You are a sweetheart. Thank-you. PM sent.

My Mom died on Sunday, and my chest feels like there is an anvil resting on it. Does the grief subside? I hope so.

Hey Dark Lord,

Focus your attention on the good times, and remember the smiles and laughter, if you really focus on that you will find you can get through it. You are going to come through this

My Mom died on Sunday, and my chest feels like there is an anvil resting on it. Does the grief subside? I hope so.

The fact that you feel such grief tells me that you loved her very much. Which suggests that, unlike some unfortunate souls, you had a mother who loved you very much and was invested in raising a happy and healthy Dark Lord.

You don't have to be a wizard to know that there are an awful lot of bad parents out there making their children's lives a living hell.

So don't dwell too long on the passing of your mom. Celebrate the life your mother did have...and the life and love she bestowed upon you.

My condolences. If you find the grief hard to take, I suggest reading Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking", an excellent book to help you work through the emotions of losing a loved one.

Edited by Strider

So sorry to hear this, Dark Lord, and I agree with what has already been said.

The pain does lessen, but after 39 years, I still miss my Mum, and still think of her every single day.

Cherish the good memories. ♥