What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Just an update; my grandfather is doing a lot better--it was an allergic reaction to the new meds he had been put on, but they've gotten all that stuff out of his system now & he's doing a lot better.

Thanks again to everyone for their kinds words & positive thoughts. It really helps during a tough time....

Just an update; my grandfather is doing a lot better--it was an allergic reaction to the new meds he had been put on, but they've gotten all that stuff out of his system now & he's doing a lot better.

Thanks again to everyone for their kinds words & positive thoughts. It really helps during a tough time....

So glad to hear that Paul. My husband had a reaction to some new meds...fortunately not bad enough to end up in the hospital. Gotta keep a watch out for all those side effects.

Hope he recovers completely really soon. And they get him on some meds that work without the bad stuff!

Glad things are getting better! :) Thank you for updating us!

Massive running in with my dick of a sister over the head of a 60th party for mum.

She wants the party to be held at our house, which is tiny enough. There will be about 20 people including screaming kids (we don't even have a proper garden to shove them out onto). The house is a pre-decorating bombsite with my bedroom being stripped down and the bathroom is a no-go area (it needs ripped out asap).

And to top it all, we're heading off in a few days so mum will want to do washing and packing on Saturday anyway....and that's on the day of this social get together.

I was gonna try to hold it at a family friendly pub down the road, but half of the guests are strict Bretherns....so the sight of booze will make thier heads spin.

My sister is completly in for having it here, dispite of any common sense creeping into her brain matter.

And you know what?? Besides the fact I'm doing the cakes etc....I'm having nothing else to do with this, so if their is any snobby comments, I'll leave it to her to deal with it.

This will be a disaster from start to finish.

Sorry about the rant. I haven't been feeling right lately.

Edited by SozoZoso

Massive running in with my dick of a sister over the head of a 60th party for mum.

She wants the party to be held at our house, which is tiny enough.

Hello m'Lady SozoZoso.

Where would your mum like it to be held? Or is she the "She" in reference in the quoted sentence above. Or is it just your sister that wants it at home?

Anywhere but here, if my mum found out about this, she would be embarrassed esp at the state of the house...not our fault but that's how it goes when there is decorating being done, plus there's gonna be clothes/packing etc going on, so it's gonna be a utter bombsite here.

On the other hand, I simply don't have the cash to hold it anywhere else. I was gonna try that pub as already stated but I was gonna beg the guy to have a quiet corner (we will be bringing our food, so that might not good down well) but also half of the family will go mental at the thought of alcohol being served.

My condolences Andy...

Sorry to hear that too.

I'm so sorry to hear that Andy

Thank y'all so much. It's been rough. Been friends with Eric since I was 3 and he was 4. A true brother. Led Zeppelin was his favorite band. And he loved Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

You're support means a lot. I can exhale a little. Tanya, your E-mail really was inspiring and helped me see things in a different light.

So sorry to hear that. Sympathy to you and his family.

Thanks ebk. Sympathy to his family indeed. I appreciate you saying that. His wife loved him so. And his 2 little girls 10 years old and 6 are gonna miss their daddy. He was so proud of them.

Y'all are really the best. ;) Thank you.

Thank y'all so much. It's been rough. Been friends with Eric since I was 3 and he was 4. A true brother. Led Zeppelin was his favorite band. And he loved Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

You're support means a lot. I can exhale a little. Tanya, your E-mail really was inspiring and helped me see things in a different light.

Thanks ebk. Sympathy to his family indeed. I appreciate you saying that. His wife loved him so. And his 2 little girls 10 years old and 6 are gonna miss their daddy. He was so proud of them.

Y'all are really the best. ;) Thank you.

so sorry to hear of this. i hope all the family , and yourself will be ok ♥

Been friends with Eric since I was 3 and he was 4. A true brother. Led Zeppelin was his favorite band. His wife loved him so. And his 2 little girls 10 years old and 6 are gonna miss their daddy. He was so proud of them.

These are extremely moving and touching words, Andy.

I have 5 beautiful pear trees on my property that I'm probably going to have to have removed and replaced because they have a disease called "fire blight." The arborist told me that I could choose, instead, to have the trees treated with a special chemical spray, but the chance of saving the trees is only about 10 percent.

Edited by Pagefan55