What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I lost 1,896 photos.

When I recently got my new phone, I still had my old phone with photos, contacts info, etc. Some photos I had managed to store away on my e-mail or on a photo stick, but there were still 1,896 on my phone...photos of various trips over the past couple years to New England, Houston, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Washington; many concerts and art show openings and family gatherings and parties.

Well, somewhere I misplaced or lost my old phone. I suspended my account and changed all my passwords, so I'm not worried about a security breach or anything like that.

But those photos are now gone forever...walking the Boston Freedom Trail and the Red Sox-Yankee game at Fenway Park, Newport and Jamestown islands, hiking the Pacific Northwest, old ruins along Route 66, my godson's performances in high school, my nephew's baseball and basketball games, my nieces giving me a makeover, and concerts and concerts and concerts. Four different Robert Plant shows, three Black Angels shows, two Brian Jonestown Massacre gigs, two Of Montreal's, Jason Bonham & Heart, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor, Tom Petty, Flaming Lips, Tame Impala, War on Drugs, Beach House, Mazzy Star, Spiritualized, Beck, Bjork, Aimee Mann, Miranda Lee Richards, Kurt Vile, Moon Duo, Alabama Shakes, Wilco, Dr. John & Trombone Shorty, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Jeff Beck, Brian Wilson, VUM, Graveyard, Deerhoof, Deerhunter, Grandaddy, and Peter Hook & the Light.

It's my own damn fault for procrastinating.

I was saving this for my 1,000th post, but...

To a man who needs no introduction:

A man of renown

The Vinyl Boot Conscientious Connoisseur of California Man

The Gold Man,

Acapulco Man,

Red Man,

Panama Man,

Jamaica (sometimes pronounced) D'yer Mak'er-Man

Arrr, Matey! Man

To Mr. Give Without Quarter Man

STRIDER ~ Traveling Man Extraordinaire

The dude who figured out what happened to my cat man:

5540921817_a5faba4f56_zpsbbfd400b.jpg

For all you do,.. Deez Buds For You

photos-9.jpeg

JamestownAerial2.jpg

ruins%20on%20Route%2066%20in%20the%20Moj

robert-plant-solo-tour-wearing-jimmy-pag

IMG_9022.jpg:lol:

jason-johnny-smithson-231x300.jpg

0.jpg

06_qotsa_smooth_sailing_video_thumb_640x

hqdefault.jpg

Spiritualized01.jpg

BJORK-HOLLYWOOD-BOWL-JUNE-11-2013-65-2-9

aimee-mann-85.jpg :-) Surprise. Hush Hush. Keep it down now. :P

hqdefault.jpg

Phsycic-Ills.jpg

Sorry. It's late and mah eyez iz gettin' blurry.

I hope this is a start. I'd post more but it only allows so many.

As for your godson's performances in high school, your nephew's baseball and basketball games, I wish I could help. Might you have ever sent the pictures by text to anyone that might have them?

As for nieces giving you a makeover, you gotta get a do-over and share it with everyone on the forum! :yesnod::lol:

Edited by apantherfrommd

^^ That's terrible Charles--hopefully everyone who was on that bus will be ok....

They were, a few bruises and cuts that's about it

:ohmy: Terrible man. Hope all is OK?

Thanks, it ended well

Dear lord, I can't imagine the whirl of emotions you feel...relief that your kids weren't on the bus; horror for the kids that were...of whom some must be friends of yours. I hope it was just bumps and bruises and nobody was seriously hurt.

Why didn't they just call all school off instead of risking people's lives in this blizzard?

Stupid people I guess

That's scary...thank god your kids weren't on yet.

It was scary

the lack of friends being a around...

I know the feeling. but sometimes you can do things to pass the time. Sometimes I find myself staring at the clouds and guessing what images the clouds remind me of. It is odd, but it kind of gives ya something to do when outside. It really can be depressing sometimes, but oh well, that's life I guess.

Well it looks like the Golf trip to Portugal could be off. Mrs CP currently in bed with a really bad head cold or flu. She aches all over and is not feeling well at all. It is really freezing here and I don't think she will be well enough to fly tomorrow. Oh well " In sickness and in health"

Well it looks like the Golf trip to Portugal could be off. Mrs CP currently in bed with a really bad head cold or flu. She aches all over and is not feeling well at all. It is really freezing here and I don't think she will be well enough to fly tomorrow. Oh well " In sickness and in health"

So sorry to hear that. My best to Mrs CP. Hope you can reschedule your trip.

At first glance, that news blows CP and I feel your disappointment at having your holiday plans dashed. But your wife's health is more important...as you say, "in sickness and in health".

A man who honours his vows is a rare breed in these troubled, cynical times and that will warrant you some extra good karma down the road. There will be other Februarys, my good man.

There is only ONE Mrs. CP. Cherish her.

Well it's been a week now and the so-called mate of mine that made a patronising post about me and my art on Facebook is nowhere to be seen. I did forget to say after I asked her politely to remove it, she then said "good luck"...utter cheek!

Also a friend of hers has joined in with the piss take too by saying that I'm wasting my time....she barely knows me this girl!

I'm still advertising my art on Facebook in my spare time but all in all, I feel like I have come down to earth with an almighty bump and have woken up and I'm now taking note of fakeness around me, that's including patronising friends who make a fool out of you in public websites.

Also trying to type this lot out on a ipod and pressing the wrong buttons because your fingers are too big to type on tiny keys is driving me up the wall.