What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

First of all, I wish everyone who is going through harder times the strength to overcome it.....

I can't hide my worries about my mom. Last thursday she had a hip replacement operation.

Since she waited quite long (too long....), before actually having the surgery, her rehab will take longer than usual, when she can leave the hospital, she'll

need to check into a rehad-facility, where she will receive the physical therapy she needs.

I know, eventually she will (quite litterally in the case) get back on her feet again, but as a familly (me, stepdad, stepbrother, stepsister and sister) we are

still bummed she needs to go to a rehab facility for 4 weeks (max 6 weeks.....)......

First of all, I wish everyone who is going through harder times the strength to overcome it.....

I can't hide my worries about my mom. Last thursday she had a hip replacement operation.

Since she waited quite long (too long....), before actually having the surgery, her rehab will take longer than usual, when she can leave the hospital, she'll

need to check into a rehad-facility, where she will receive the physical therapy she needs.

I know, eventually she will (quite litterally in the case) get back on her feet again, but as a familly (me, stepdad, stepbrother, stepsister and sister) we are

still bummed she needs to go to a rehab facility for 4 weeks (max 6 weeks.....)......

The great news is she will be walking again soon!

Today, while I was revisiting old gospel blues classics by the legendary Blind Willie Johnson, I thought of you, Andy and hence, I would first, like to dedicate this wonderful gospel blues ballad to your uncle:

And dedicate another wonderful gospel blues ballad to you Andy, during this difficult time:

Blind Willie Johnson's music has always helped me get through tough times and I truly hope that these ballads can provide some comfort to you during this difficult time! I am truly sorry for your loss! I heartily echo the sentiments of everyone here! Cheers to you! Stay strong!

sorry to hear that Kiwi. Hope it all passes soon!

My left ear has been plugged up for two days now. I've tried just about everything I know and have read. :Thinking:

I am feeling so much better now, Walter! :thanku: I took some pain killers that contained Ibuprofen and that certainly did the trick! :)

Sorry to hear about your left ear! Have you tried a ear decongestant? It worked for me when my right ear got blocked due to a sinus infection (you can also try Vicks vaporub)...perhaps this article will be a bit of help: http://www.wikihow.com/Relieve-Ear-Congestion

Good luck! Do hope you get better soon!

sorry to hear that Kiwi. Hope it all passes soon!

My left ear has been plugged up for two days now. I've tried just about everything I know and have read. :Thinking:

Olive Oil drops usually works, but it takes a few applications..Get plenty of cotton buds as you'll be surprised at what shit will come out !!

Olive oil? Hmm. Never heard of using that for an ear clog. I get that junk about once a year. I'll keep it in mind Plantpothead. hey Walter if it isn't working and if you ain't no better, go to an Ear, Nose, & Throat doc. Might make all the diff. in the world to hear in stereo again. I hate going to the doc. But there isn't anything better than hearing in stereo. If not, you might be talking to loud for some, or too quiet for others. Pain in the butt. And equilibrium off.

Thanks Plantpothead, Olive oil drops, huh? I might need that next time I go swimming at the gym. Grazie Mille

Olive oil? Hmm. Never heard of using that for an ear clog. I get that junk about once a year. I'll keep it in mind Plantpothead. hey Walter if it isn't working and if you ain't no better, go to an Ear, Nose, & Throat doc. Might make all the diff. in the world to hear in stereo again. I hate going to the doc. But there isn't anything better than hearing in stereo. If not, you might be talking to loud for some, or too quiet for others. Pain in the butt. And equilibrium off.

Thanks Plantpothead, Olive oil drops, huh? I might need that next time I go swimming at the gym. Grazie Mille

That's what my Doctor prescribed for me.

Olive Oil drops usually works, but it takes a few applications..Get plenty of cotton buds as you'll be surprised at what shit will come out !!

Olive oil is usually applied to the ear if you are having it syringed. The oil works by the body heating up the said oil and it softens any wax prior to the old sucking out. Applied @ a week before it does work. I wouldn't recommend any leakages to make a dressing though :D

I'm in a world of pain today ..... pain eminating from my right hip and going down the whole thigh front and back..... went to Dr and she says it's nerve pain. got some tablets to take, but ouch! it hurts so much, especially sitting....... Dr gave me a certificate for the next two days off - should \i use it?????

I'm in a world of pain today ..... pain eminating from my right hip and going down the whole thigh front and back..... went to Dr and she says it's nerve pain. got some tablets to take, but ouch! it hurts so much, especially sitting....... Dr gave me a certificate for the next two days off - should \i use it?????

Use it, J, USE IT. I went back to work the day after I injured my back, made it worse, then ended up missing a month of work. It doesn't sound like we have the same thing, but look after yourself first. And try to move/very lightly stretch as soon as you can.Hope you heal quickly! Sending good vibes xo

I wouldn't, just work from home

Use it, J, USE IT. I went back to work the day after I injured my back, made it worse, then ended up missing a month of work. It doesn't sound like we have the same thing, but look after yourself first. And try to move/very lightly stretch as soon as you can.Hope you heal quickly! Sending good vibes xo

I know what you mean.... it actually feels better when I am walking around, but I have had very little sleep, and feel like a zombie.... thanks for those good vibes ♥

I wouldn't, just work from home

not everyones job can be done from home .... mine certainly cant!

I've just spent an hour and a half filling in a job application.........only for it to tell me that it hasn't been recognised, then I was told to complete the application again. It was only for a job in Aldi, I couldn't believe the information they required.

You can do that, keep us in the loop and remember people are cheering you on, looking forward to you getting your chance in the sun!!!

^^On the subject of applications forms and CVs, what I find is crippling and soul destroying is when you have applied for what it feels like hundreds of jobs and you hear f*** all (sorry)

For instance, I had practically sold myself on a application form for a part time job working in a shop that sells wallpaper, no biggie you would have thought.

But I pulled all the plugs by putting my heart and soul into that application form. I had even used the tatics that I had learnt from the "Steps to success" getting-back-into-work scheme.

That was now over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep from them, even though it had been hand delivered into the shop and I had caught the guy (I guess the owner) opening the letter.

I do understand if there is only say for talk sake, 1 opening...and you get hundreds applying......but this has been happening to me for the last 15 whole friggen months while at the same time, I am getting my ear bent by the unemployment office.

All I am asking/begging is a chance to get some sort of work as there is only so much that I can take (and my health and family around me is starting to suffer).

The whole thing is a joke or should I say "a roundabout of shittiness that I can't escape from"

Sorry for going off on one, but I think that I would get some form of decent reply rather than being ignored by so-called friends on Facebook who rather prefer doing duck poses in front of toilet mirrors or endless photos of dribbling kids.

^^On the subject of applications forms and CVs, what I find is crippling and soul destroying is when you have applied for what it feels like hundreds of jobs and you hear f*** all (sorry)

For instance, I had practically sold myself on a application form for a part time job working in a shop that sells wallpaper, no biggie you would have thought.

But I pulled all the plugs by putting my heart and soul into that application form. I had even used the tatics that I had learnt from the "Steps to success" getting-back-into-work scheme.

That was now over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep from them, even though it had been hand delivered into the shop and I had caught the guy (I guess the owner) opening the letter.

I do understand if there is only say for talk sake, 1 opening...and you get hundreds applying......but this has been happening to me for the last 15 whole friggen months while at the same time, I am getting my ear bent by the unemployment office.

All I am asking/begging is a chance to get some sort of work as there is only so much that I can take (and my health and family around me is starting to suffer).

The whole thing is a joke or should I say "a roundabout of shittiness that I can't escape from"

Sorry for going off on one, but I think that I would get some form of decent reply rather than being ignored by so-called friends on Facebook who rather prefer doing duck poses in front of toilet mirrors or endless photos of dribbling kids.

Keep digging on, things will turn around