What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

It is after three in the morning here and I cannot sleep yet again.

Oh Snap! I'm sorry to hear that. You know how to get in touch offsite, if need be. I'll be around for another hour.

Sleeplessness sux! Not much you can do about it. But if misery loves company, I'm your Huck. Best of luck, T-.

This would be a good thread topic idea to talk about.

I went through this for 6 months looking for a job. First of all the 'online application' process is just a black hole in the universe and doesn't really work. All they do is scan your resume looking for key words, and you never get the chance from the beginning to be filtered by a live person.

What worked for me was eventually contacting every person I know, every neighbor, every family member and all of the old coworkers and sent emails and resumes to all of them. You have to network with the people you know, it is really the only way to get a job or an interview.

Yeah, there should be a separate thread for this, but to be honest I would probably hijack the whole thing with my moans and ramblings.

It's interesting about the "black hole" therory of online applications. In the past, my job success has been through word of mouth, either from neighbours or family so after reading what you have said it does make sense.

Reswati leaving, and his thread getting deleted.

Both things really suck.... he wins again. Pretty soon it will just be a one man show here. Oh wait......

Hi STZ:-) What!!! I adore Reswati! I have no idea what thread or what happened, but I hope he is back soon.... We keep losing some great members (like Knebby as well) because of the few idiots that want to ruin it for all for one reason or another. Very, very sad.

On another note. I went on my deck this morning to have coffee as usual. Back in the spring a pair of Warbler birds built a nest in my fir tree just to the side of these steps on my side yard and the 4 babies were born on Mothers day. The pair always let me get very close to the nest as I had to move a branch or two to see the nest. But they trusted me. Then I watched as the babies took their first flight (adorable). Well, they have stayed around and often fly to the deck while I am sitting there enjoying the nature I am surrounded by.

Well, this morning out of the corner of my eye I see what looked like a large leaf fall from a huge oak tree in my backyard. Then I saw this little thing started to tumble down the hilly area just behind my fenced area. I jumped up and went over and it was one of the babies and he is on his back dying. They have been flying for a month now so I have watched them grow. I picked him up being very careful to hold him gently and cover his little head so he would not be scared. I took him in the house and placed him on a towel and starting to check to see if there was any blood or something I could see to hurt him and make him fall and begin to die. His little eyes looked at me and as I held him for about 10 minutes I told him he did not have to die alone. He finally died on my lap on the towel and I went and placed him on the deck on the towel and made the same noise that I made as I approached the nest when they first started making their home so that hopefully the parents and siblings would hear me to give them a chance to say goodbye. One of his siblings did come and stood about 3 feet from him. I am of course a wreck and crying since this all began. I buried him under the tree where he was born.

I know that birds die everyday but what a blessing I had to watch this family grow and to be there when this precious little thing departed this world. Life in everything is so very valuable.

Reswati leaving, and his thread getting deleted.

Both things really suck.... he wins again. Pretty soon it will just be a one man show here. Oh wait......

Thanks slave. Michael contacted me last night before he put up his "final post" - which of course was taken down. Can't take down all the racist, homophobic, bigoted, personal attack posts made by that certain person, but reswati's had to be taken down before someone was offended by it. :wtf: This is exactly the climate he wants to create here and in life in general. What a sad, lonely existence he must have in his Aspergeresque life.

Thank you for passing that information along.

:peace:

Hi STZ:-) What!!! I adore Reswati! I have no idea what thread or what happened, but I hope he is back soon.... We keep losing some great members (like Knebby as well) because of the few idiots that want to ruin it for all for one reason or another. Very, very sad.

On another note. I went on my deck this morning to have coffee as usual. Back in the spring a pair of Warbler birds built a nest in my fir tree just to the side of these steps on my side yard and the 4 babies were born on Mothers day. The pair always let me get very close to the nest as I had to move a branch or two to see the nest. But they trusted me. Then I watched as the babies took their first flight (adorable). Well, they have stayed around and often fly to the deck while I am sitting there enjoying the nature I am surrounded by.

Well, this morning out of the corner of my eye I see what looked like a large leaf fall from a huge oak tree in my backyard. Then I saw this little thing started to tumble down the hilly area just behind my fenced area. I jumped up and went over and it was one of the babies and he is on his back dying. They have been flying for a month now so I have watched them grow. I picked him up being very careful to hold him gently and cover his little head so he would not be scared. I took him in the house and placed him on a towel and starting to check to see if there was any blood or something I could see to hurt him and make him fall and begin to die. His little eyes looked at me and as I held him for about 10 minutes I told him he did not have to die alone. He finally died on my lap on the towel and I went and placed him on the deck on the towel and made the same noise that I made as I approached the nest when they first started making their home so that hopefully the parents and siblings would hear me to give them a chance to say goodbye. One of his siblings did come and stood about 3 feet from him. I am of course a wreck and crying since this all began. I buried him under the tree where he was born.

I know that birds die everyday but what a blessing I had to watch this family grow and to be there when this precious little thing departed this world. Life in everything is so very valuable.

I'll pass on your good wishes, deborah. :)

I guess he can still read here, but i don't know whether he will post again.... :(

Thanks slave. Michael contacted me last night before he put up his "final post" - which of course was taken down. Can't take down all the racist, homophobic, bigoted, personal attack posts made by that certain person, but reswati's had to be taken down before someone was offended by it. :wtf: This is exactly the climate he wants to create here and in life in general. What a sad, lonely existence he must have in his Aspergeresque life.

Thank you for passing that information along.

:peace:

It is beyond comprehension why he gets away with what he does....

Why was it deleted or does anyone know?

He knew it would be deleted, because he named a person as being racist, homophobic and some other things.

I agree with Reswati on that point. YES we should have free speech here, but not when it's racist/sexist etc which is against guidelines.

I'll pass on your good wishes, deborah. :)

I guess he can still read here, but i don't know whether he will post again.... :(

Just to clarify for all the good people out there, reswati was not banned. He left voluntarily, just as Knebby and Electrophile did. So yes, he is still a member and can still read and post on the forum at any time he chooses.

Here's my two cents...a known known is better than an unknown known. Since it has been demonstrated time and again how easy it is for banned members to come back under different names, I would rather have the people I disagree with remain constant instead of always having to play amateur psychologist and figure out which new member is one of the old banned ones. It's tiring and distracts from the fun of the forum.

We all know SAJ and his opinions. Whether you agree or disagree, he's out in the open and you know where he stands. So you know how to avoid him. If you ban him, he'll just come back under a different guise anyway.

Yes, I knew he wasn't banned. I personally think the only way you can combat someone with the immense ego that has been on display is to just permanently ignore them. Easier said than done, but that is the only way to extinguish it.

Just to clarify for all the good people out there, reswati was not banned. He left voluntarily, just as Knebby and Electrophile did. So yes, he is still a member and can still read and post on the forum at any time he chooses.

Here's my two cents...a known known is better than an unknown known. Since it has been demonstrated time and again how easy it is for banned members to come back under different names, I would rather have the people I disagree with remain constant instead of always having to play amateur psychologist and figure out which new member is one of the old banned ones. It's tiring and distracts from the fun of the forum.

We all know SAJ and his opinions. Whether you agree or disagree, he's out in the open and you know where he stands. So you know how to avoid him. If you ban him, he'll just come back under a different guise anyway.

Yes, I knew he wasn't banned. I personally think the only way you can combat someone with the immense ego that has been on display is to just permanently ignore them. Easier said than done, but that is the only way to extinguish it.

Yes, but why is one poster any better than another?

Why do some get banned for breaking guidelines and others not?

I miss all those great people who have left because of ego boy.

Well put, stz. That is the exact issue that I and a friend of mine (who used to post on these forums but who left because of this issue), were lamenting about. It is easy to ignore the racist musings of some, with the handy little "ignore" button but when it comes to hypocrisy and preferential treatment where some 'elite' posters (who were obviously way more offensive than some others, with a blatant disregard for forum guidelines) escape banning, while others suffer unfairly, now that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Well put, stz. That is the exact issue that I and a friend of mine (who used to post on these forums but who left because of this issue), were lamenting about. It is easy to ignore the racist musings of some, with the handy little "ignore" button but when it comes to hypocrisy and preferential treatment where some 'elite' posters (who were obviously way more offensive than some others, with a blatant disregard for forum guidelines) escape banning, while others suffer unfairly, now that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Just wanted to put in my two cents as this is an ongoing issue for which no clear explanation has been made. The forum guidelines should apply fairly to everyone, and while discretion is up to the mods, the extent of leniency towards SAJ as opposed to others seems puzzling. I disagree with Strider's 'devil you know' argument simply because if a poster establishes a reputation, warnings or bans affect it; that's the online cost, one which some pay and others don't.

People should also be mindful of 'new' members supposedly being against established ones. It's used often by the very members as a way to befriend online enemies and extract info from them via PM and whatnot. Also, the ignore feature is fine for people who have been on here for a while and have an understanding of how things work, but that's not the case for newer members. Besides, the ignore feature does not address the underlying issue; rather, it's a way around it.

I know five really good members personally who have chosen to leave this site for the very reasons outlined here. There are many others on a growing list. We may never know the answer why certain breaches are tolerated considering we are bound by the the rules others establish, and that's our choice. I just wish those binds weren't so tight on some posters, and so loose on others.

Edited by Patrycja

Just wanted to put in my two cents as this is an ongoing issue for which no clear explanation has been made. The forum guidelines should apply fairly to everyone, and while discretion is up to the mods, the extent of leniency towards SAJ as opposed to others seems puzzling. I disagree with Strider's 'devil you know' argument simply because if a poster establishes a reputation, warnings or bans affect it; that's the online cost, one which some pay and others don't.

People should also be mindful of 'new' members supposedly being against established ones. It's used often by the very members as a way to befriend online enemies and extract info from them via PM and whatnot. Also, the ignore feature is fine for people who have been on here for a while and have an understanding of how things work, but that's not the case for newer members. Besides, the ignore feature does not address the underlying issue; rather, it's a way around it.

I know five really good members personally who have chosen to leave this site for the very reasons outlined here. There are many others on a growing list. We may never know the answer why certain breaches are tolerated considering we are bound by the the rules others establish, and that's our choice. I just wish those binds weren't so tight on some posters, and so loose on others.

:goodpost:

I agree with all of your points made here.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I can safely speak for my friend, when I say that she and I have spent a couple of emails pondering on why some members here are given elitist treatment. Perhaps their connections to the band are so deep, (what with being able to solve any Led Zeppelin mystery under the sun :rolleyes:) that the higher authorities around here, firmly believe that such members are way too precious to lose, while other 'offenders' are just 'ordinary' with nothing juicy to offer on the band and are hence sent to the cooler for weeks or perhaps a lifetime, depending on the instructions received from the 'verbally injured' elitist member! :rolleyes: Ignoring it as you very rightly pointed out, isn't going to solve anything. It just evades the issue at hand. I have a very bad feeling that such elitism is going to continue for as long as this forum continues to exist and unfortunately, none of us can do anything to stop it! *Sigh! :(

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post, especially the elite! The thing is, I have the habit of calling it as I see it. Sorry. <_<

Edited by Emily008