What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Don't worry Lena. It's just marketing. Greatest Hits albums in particular are made to fetch a minimal price. 20 years from now, Janis will still be getting 10 bucks a disc, and J-Lo won't have a "Greatest Hits" album at all. Just a forgotten music career and a really big butt. ;)

Not that I'm against big butts, but that's another topic.

Jennifer Lopez is a better dancer.

And she has a pretty face, too.

I accidently sat beside junky today in the bus. I don't know how I didn't smell the cigarettes and booze...

I saw he was old and had Mötorhead t-shirt so I thought he was ok. Mistake. Mistake.

I did something like that once.

I had to try extra hard to give that guy the slip, but I managed. He didn't want to let me go, so as soon as I got away, I hid where he did not find me.

In that part of the city, you must get away, or the addicts will kidnap you and whore you out to get the money for their next fix. They are not known for civilized behaviour when they are in an extreme state of heroin addiction, and they will do just about anything to get their next fix.

So you must walk away as unscathed as possible.

Edited by eternal light

I did something like that once.

I had to try extra hard to give that guy the slip, but I managed. He didn't want to let me go, so as soon as I got away, I hid where he did not find me.

In that part of the city, you must get away, or the addicts will kidnap you and whore you out to get the money for their next fix. They are not known for civilized behaviour when they are in an extreme state of heroin addiction, and they will do just about anything to get their next fix.

So you must walk away as unscathed as possible.

Wow, I never had experience like that in my life and don't want to. It's awful what will people do for another fix.

I just sat there frozen because I didn't walk away ( :slapface: ) but the guy seemed so stoned he probably didn't notice me at all.

I can't understand how I didn't see him.

Wow, I never had experience like that in my life and don't want to. It's awful what will people do for another fix.

I just sat there frozen because I didn't walk away ( :slapface: ) but the guy seemed so stoned he probably didn't notice me at all.

I can't understand how I didn't see him.

That's not so bad.

As long as he left you alone is the main thing.

That's not so bad.

As long as he left you alone is the main thing.

Nothing bad happened; he just pushed me and said: Move it! when he decided to walk out.

And he seemed a bit surprised because somebody was sitting next to him.

Lena your post reminded me of tonight.

I was walking alone the street and this drunk guy came up to me asking for money, I said no and walked off and he followed me. So I went itto a shop with poeple in it and stayed until he left. It really scared and creeped me out.

I was walking alone the street and this drunk guy came up to me asking for money, I said no and walked off and he followed me. So I went itto a shop with poeple in it and stayed until he left. It really scared and creeped me out.

My mother would tell me when I was very young not to talk to strangers, and if I needed to talk to someone to look for someone responsible, like a police officer or a teacher or another one of the parents.

When I travel to new places, I usually feel safer around people who are on family outings. They are usually less dangerous than some of the characters who you might encounter.

You must be careful because you can't take it for granted that the stranger next to you is safe for you to be around. Often times they are, but sometimes they are not.

Edited by eternal light

:console: I'm sorry to hear that. I think earaches in children are inevitable.

I was unhappy that I felt like a prisoner in my room today because the living room is under construction......still.

Thanks for the good wishes :) Nowadays they all seem to start out as swimmer's ear (all 3 do swim team; he's 13). He has drops and an antibiotic so hopefully later today he will feel better.

I hope you will be able to use your living room again soon; that must be frustrating!

More than unhappy.....in fact I am pissed off.

Just got an extremely overpriced dvd player as a gift with lots of IMO useless features (like watching usb sticks, divx and more formats I never even heard of)

Worst is that I hardly ever watch dvd's at all, possibly 5 a year.

I hope I can still return this gizmo to the store and buy something more useful instead.

Edited by reswati