What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My wishes and prayers for a successful sugery and quick healing to Mrs. Walter's dad and comfort to your family.

^+1.

Walter, so sorry to hear about your father-in-law--here's hoping for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery...

All the best to you and the family, Walter.

Prayers for you and your family, Walter.

I appreciate all of your kind words, wishes and prayers. At least the doctors feel that it is not such an emergency as to immediately take him into surgery. He's 76 and strong as an ox, so he has that going for him. He also has the best doctors in the area. He has been more of a father figure to me in my life than my own father has been. A real "man's man" so to speak. So were are definitely hoping this is just a tune up of sorts and he'll feel much better after. Heart surgery has come a long way. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate it.

Just read the above posts Walter.

Hoping for the best outcome possible for your father in law and your family.

He sounds like a man who needs to hang around the planet for several more years.

Keep us up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Walter, I haven't been on this thread for ages and hence, I did not know the news of your father-in-law. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he is doing well now! :)

thank you Emily.  He stayed in the hospital for a week after the surgery and now is home.  On the mend and doing a good amount of walking already.  Doing some of his favorite things...bitchin' about the Cardinals and Seminoles - even though they keep winning.  :)  

thank you Emily.  He stayed in the hospital for a week after the surgery and now is home.  On the mend and doing a good amount of walking already.  Doing some of his favorite things...bitchin' about the Cardinals and Seminoles - even though they keep winning.  :)  

That's great to hear, Walter! :) 

This morning I learned that the son of a lifelong acquaintance doesn't have much time left.  He is 22 years old and has battled cancer for the past six years.  I'm very worried for his mother.  She has been a pillar of strength throughout her son's illness.  However, her own mother died in May and I suspect she didn't let herself really grieve because she had to hold herself together for her son's sake.  What is going to happen when he dies?

Prayers for your friends son, DD.  I pray for a healing hand to wash over him and provide him comfort and peace.  Same for you DD.

Thank you Walter.  At this point I'm just praying that he goes peacefully and without too much pain; both for his sake and his parents'.

This morning I learned that the son of a lifelong acquaintance doesn't have much time left.  He is 22 years old and has battled cancer for the past six years.  I'm very worried for his mother.  She has been a pillar of strength throughout her son's illness.  However, her own mother died in May and I suspect she didn't let herself really grieve because she had to hold herself together for her son's sake.  What is going to happen when he dies?

I'm sorry to hear that. Getting cancer at such a young age is just a terrible thing. A life getting cut short like that, before a person has had a chance to live a full one. 

As you said, may he go peacefully.