What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

This morning I learned that the son of a lifelong acquaintance doesn't have much time left.  He is 22 years old and has battled cancer for the past six years.  I'm very worried for his mother.  She has been a pillar of strength throughout her son's illness.  However, her own mother died in May and I suspect she didn't let herself really grieve because she had to hold herself together for her son's sake.  What is going to happen when he dies?

My friend's son died this morning

This morning I learned that the son of a lifelong acquaintance doesn't have much time left.  He is 22 years old and has battled cancer for the past six years.  I'm very worried for his mother.  She has been a pillar of strength throughout her son's illness.  However, her own mother died in May and I suspect she didn't let herself really grieve because she had to hold herself together for her son's sake.  What is going to happen when he dies?

My friend's son died this morning

That's really a pisser, DD. Life is unfair...a kid getting cancer at age 16? Just doesn't seem right. I guess his mom will need her friends for strength...that is, if she doesn't have any other children or family for support?

Someone I know keylogged their way into at least one of my emails, and perhaps some files. Considering reporting this...

What does "keylogged" mean? Did this happen through this site or your regular e-mail? Good luck re-securing your e-mails.

What does "keylogged" mean? Did this happen through this site or your regular e-mail? Good luck re-securing your e-mails.

Thanks, Strider. It's basically a type of malware that can be of the hardware or software variety (the latter in my case) which isn't caught by an anti-virus and collects things like passwords in real time by capturing your keystrokes or by screen capturing whatever's on your monitor. But it becomes even more invasive if someone gets remote access to your credit card info, or banking info, or turns on your camera to spy on you without your knowing. Cool, eh? Just a vile invasion.

Here's some more info in case people want to know more about it and about how to protect themselves:

http://anti-keylogger-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

(scroll down below the reviews)

The link below has a short video showing how it works:

https://www.spyshelter.com/what-is-a-keylogger/

• 4 weeks later...

today marks 40 years since my Mother passed away.....

R.I.P.

mum.jpeg

Julie, thank you for sharing this lovely photo of your mom, with all of us. I know that today must have been very difficult for you and I am so sorry that you had to go through the pain of losing her at such a young age. Sending loads of positive vibes and hugs, your way! :console2: 

Julie, thank you for sharing this lovely photo of your mom, with all of us. I know that today must have been very difficult for you and I am so sorry that you had to go through the pain of losing her at such a young age. Sending loads of positive vibes and hugs, your way! :console2: 

thank you,  KIWI.  Xo

Indeed it does! Love the gloves...that's a look that never goes out of style for me. I miss the days of women wearing hats and gloves.

Oh, me too. The fashions of today are so tacky ( generally ).

I always loved my Mothers dress, so I wanted a similar style. i thought the gloves and basket of flowers were a little different from the usual :)

Thought I'd post another one of her, why not....

mum_wedding_day_001.thumb.jpg.250f551dbf

Julie5.thumb.jpeg.83720ce777f6d4763d2282

any resemblance? :)

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I really want to know..... I hope so, but am probably just seeing it myself. There's a better photo comparison in the "post a picture of yourself" thread.  I'll try and repost those. Feel free to be honest! 

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I really want to know..... I hope so, but am probably just seeing it myself. There's a better photo comparison in the "post a picture of yourself" thread.  I'll try and repost those. Feel free to be honest! 

Yes! Especially the bottom one and your avatar photo, J. Profiles and flowers in the hair are lovely echoes, too :)

the bottom one is me in 1985. I was meaning between the two photos.....

So I just complimented you on looking like yourself? :slapface: Not the brightest bulb tonight, and I'm sober, too lol. It may help if you have a more front facing one of you. There's no graceful way to bow out of this one but you're both truly beautiful in them. 

Edited by Patrycja

So I just complemented you on looking like yourself? :slapface: Not the brightest bulb tonight, and I'm sober, too lol. It may help if you have a more front facing one of you. There's no graceful way to bow out of this one but you're both truly beautiful in them. 

Lol, that's ok!  I posted the two pics because they are both wedding dress ones. I think my dress looks a lot like my mothers'bridesmaid dress.

and thank you for the compliment.

I will try to repost the ones in the "post a photo of yourself thread "